How many of you work at a job at says no weapons on it's grounds?

I would just Looooooooooooove to walk into the Mickey Dees here in town and see every one of the employees openly carrying. Now that would be so very BEE-YOU-TEE-MUSS!:triniti:

I like the feedback. Again this is not a dream job and so can not want to quit working with 15 year olds who think they are the shit because they have worked at the job for years. I was not talking about carrying when i was working. Just keeping it in my locked car and putting it on after work and carrying when i'm off the clock if i feel the need to get something to eat.

I just want to say I totally respect you for taking this stupid fast food job and thinking of your family first. So many people laid off due to no fault of their own think working at these places is beneath them, meanwhile their families suffer more. Plus it blows holes in the arguments these jobs will only be done by illegal immigrants.

It's not forever, and good luck on your job search.

I carried knives at work that posted no weapons. it got to the point where I was selling knives, swords, stun guns etc to everyone who worked there :biggrin: .I had over half the auto plant as customers.

In FL a law was passed to force employers to allow firearms kept in vehicles in the parking area (read, lot).

Just remember that this only applies to CC'ers. Those without CWLs must abide by company policy.

unless you work in one of the following

Just remember that this only applies to CC'ers. Those without CWLs must abide by company policy.
Aerospace
defense/defense contarctor
explosives,
National Security

These were all exempted from FL's patking lot gun laws because Uncle sam said so.

That being said, having a .22 rolling around in the bed of your truck is a "you've been let go" offense here I work.

I agree with stiofan

I just want to say I totally respect you for taking this stupid fast food job and thinking of your family first. So many people laid off due to no fault of their own think working at these places is beneath them, meanwhile their families suffer more. Plus it blows holes in the arguments these jobs will only be done by illegal immigrants.

It's not forever, and good luck on your job search.

I worked slinging coffee for Starbucks while I looked for the job I have now. I had to put food on the table and a hungry stomach is the last thing I wanted my wife and kids to experience.

NH here and I work in MA.. My Co. says, No Weapons allowed on Company premises. Therefore I do not carry in the building but I leave the firearm locked in the car. Parking lot is not owned by the Company. My Company is worldwide but where I am there are only 8 of us at this branch. I HAVE brought my firearm into the building and left it in my jacket (it's now in the car). I'm off the "clock" at 4p.m., but the office is open till 5. If I had to go back to work for something I forgot, I would be carrying........but concealed (MA.). I see your point about being off the clock and going in as a "Customer". And I do not see a problem with it. The rule as you explained it was for employee's not for Customers. That would be my argument should something come about of it. As a Customer, if there was a sign on the establishment then I would have to adhere to it. I do not know the Rules Of Conduct at McD's nor do I know how their set-up is for dressing room etc. If You're comfortable wearing it at work, then keep it CONCEALED and DO NOT tell ANYONE at work as someone on here already mentioned. If You're not comfortable wearing it, then I do not see a problem keeping it in the vehicle since You mentioned it's a large parking lot with other businesess which means McD's does not own the parking lot(I'm sure They pay rent on a part of it but does not mean it is in Their name). With that being said, I would still use discretion when out at your vehicle because Others do not know who You are or what You are doing. All and all, my Company does not allow it but I have brought it in (not wearing it; can't for the type work I do), and now I leave it in the vehicle, and if I went back into the building on MY time it would be Concealed anyway. If You got caught with it on Company time, the worst that can happen is You getting fired OR Maybe just a speaking to by your immediate Supervisor. shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............
Just MY opinion.
(others please chime in if I'm incorrect on the parking lot ownership thing)

I like the feedback. Again this is not a dream job and so can not want to quit working with 15 year olds who think they are the shit because they have worked at the job for years. I was not talking about carrying when i was working. Just keeping it in my locked car and putting it on after work and carrying when i'm off the clock if i feel the need to get something to eat.

I think you're selling yourself short. this may be a decent course of action for the day shift, but most robberies likely happen after 11:00 PM. I'd carry

I work in D.C.

The company building, all parking lots, and all surrounding roads are gun free zones! I feel so safe. (Teal for sarcasm)

The rule is in force except for ON DUTY police officers and other security guards. (While off duty, they need to turn their gun into the armory. Can not carry it home) and the other obvious exceptions are criminals... They carry wherever they like.

I haven't asked at my workplace about carrying, but have carefully read all published rules and policies. I have not seen weapons mentioned anywhere. I carry all the time and do not tell anybody.

Aerospace
defense/defense contarctor
explosives,
National Security

These were all exempted from FL's patking lot gun laws because Uncle sam said so.

That being said, having a .22 rolling around in the bed of your truck is a "you've been let go" offense here I work.

Actually, the Defense contractor exemption applies under two conditions:
1. The property is used for "conduct<ing> substantial activities involving national defense, aerospace, or homeland security." or
2. <Carry is> prohibited pursuant to any federal law, contract with a federal government entity, or general law of this state.
(There are other exceptions, but they apply to everyone not just Defense contractors)

So, a company would have to be working on some high priority or high security items, or be building aircraft or their main components, to hit #1; and carry in that location would have to be prohibited by Federal or State law, or by a specific contract to hit #2

Right now, I work from home and always carry. When I go on the road, I carry. When I have to got to the office once a month, I pocket carry my j-frame. No policy on weapons. When I worked pt at the liquor store last year, I always carried as well. If I worked the late shift at McDonalds, I'd likely tote a slim pocket gun or something. Worst thing is they fire you, if they find out. Life is too valuable. A few yrs back a couple of punks robbed a Mickey D's at gunpoint in New Bedford and locked the ee's in the mgr's office (after taking the loot in the safe), they came out and the cops were waiting for them, one guy was shot dead and the other got away, while returning fire. They caught up to him in NYC a couple days later.

I may be wrong but it seems to me that the majority of violent attacks lately have been taking place in no carry posted areas. I know that there are some idiots out there, but who wants to rob a police bar or a gun and ammo store? duh

Where i work we are even prohibited from having firearms in the vehicle.
i do work for the federal government as an electrician.
The facility is a hydroelectric dam.

After 9/11 you never saw so many firearms at one location. Everybody kept firearms in their vehicle for a while especially if you got called out in the middle of the night. Eventually they went back to enforcing the rules.

Where I work we are not allowed to possess firearms on the property. All vehicles and bags are subject to being searched while on company property. Although I have never seen them do a full search of anyone's vehicle I did see security checking vehicles in the parking lot just by looking through the windows once, but They do check your lunch bags when getting off work occasionally.

Working on Naval Base

I'm a defense contractor on a Naval Base. Does anyone know if there are any rules, regulations or statues that permit weapons on military bases or at least provide a place to store our weapons while we are on base?

DC gun free zone expanded to SC

I work in D.C.

The company building, all parking lots, and all surrounding roads are gun free zones! I feel so safe. (Teal for sarcasm).

My company is based in DC and applies that same mentality across all cities, states and US territories.

Can't Advocate Breaking the Law

Of course, company policy hardly meets that test. Sounds like a personal decision to make; strapping on in the parking lot sounds like my situation. Live in CT , work in NYC. I could get a NY State permit, but that's no good in Bloombergville. They simply don't issue CCWs in NYC except to friends of people in high places. Then i work in a Federal building. No guns, except LEO, no exceptions. Metal detectors and xrayed baggage at every entrance. So i go to the train station, lock up my pistol, and go naked every day to work. I carry everywhere else, all the time, whenever it is allowed.

The law in CT exempts the legislature, courts, and all schools as no weapon zones. Any one who wants to can post a no-guns sign, and we break the law if we knowingly carry there. Any business with one of those signs is a place that will never see my money. But we have to obey the law or nothing separates us from the criminals.

Doesn't that feel great? We have to go naked, and criminals carry wherever they want. We need to change those laws. Write your senators/legislators. Call them. Email them. Join the NRA. But keep on carrying, where you can.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back