How many of you work at a job at says no weapons on it's grounds?

Use your own conscious and decide what is best for you. That's all any of us can do. I'm so glad my boss open carries here in the office and is all pro gun.

I work at Seattle City Light. The City of Seattle is oh-so-politically correct, and weapons are banned. There was some hassle in Seattle when this policy was announced. Seems ladies who worked odd hours and had to walk from the waterfront ferry terminal to the City Light Building objected to being deprived of their right to self-protection. SCL yielded enough to install lockboxes in their building, and they don't yet mess with our parked cars (so far as I know, I live and work far from the City).

If fairness, I should mention that for many years it was "don't ask, don't tell." A fellow IBEW #77 Electrical Worker of my acquaintance left a Condition One 1911 in a bathroom in Seattle, where it was found by a hoplophobic employee. That led to the poorly written policy against weapons (written so badly that anything which might be used as a weapon - perhaps my telephone receiver? - qualifies as a prohibited weapon). So when you take a dump, pay attention to your PDW. (This same guy lost that 1911 off his Harley once on Aurora Avenue. He really needs a lanyard.)

We're come a long way from the days I remember when we worked on our guns at work, and shot burned out light bulbs in the tailrace at Ross Powerhouse.

I will not speculate on percent of compliance or non-compliance. Back in the late 1970's I worked in Seattle for two years, and some workers came to me for advice on carry weapons and how to conceal them.

Long ago, at only one gun show, I saw a guy who made and installed concealed lockboxes for vehicles, with electric releases in hidden locations. I wish I'd kept track of him. Today I see a real need for such things.

Just a few questions for you Kasper so I can get this straight in my head. I would say you got screwed big time and something got messed up somewhere along the line. Where were you when they searched your bag and when they found the mag what did you say? Also was this on a military base as you said they followed you until you were well off the base?

My work has a "no weapons" policy, and bans all weapons from the premise. I would like to "think" I work, and live in a nice "community", but I don't. So with that I'll choose to "defend" myself while at work. I would rather loose a job than my life...

Just a few questions for you Kasper so I can get this straight in my head. I would say you got screwed big time and something got messed up somewhere along the line. Where were you when they searched your bag and when they found the mag what did you say? Also was this on a military base as you said they followed you until you were well off the base?

I was in Palmdale, California when I was searched.

I told them that I had must of missed that one when pulling the other 3 magazines out of my backpack. When asked why I needed them I responded with the magazines I have are illegal to own in California due to them holding more then 10 rounds so I got these to be legal in California without worrying about breaking any laws.

Yes, I was at a military airport base the one that the SR 71 blackbird flew from when this all happened. The reason for them checking our bags was to make sure that we did not bring in cameras or USB flash drives. They randomly checked bags so I had the empty magazine in my bag for about a week before it was found.

I told them that I left my Glock gun in Washington state due to having a magazine that held more then 10 rounds was against the law in California.

If I had checked my backpack to make sure I had removed everything that needed to be removed I would still be working for Boeing. Instead I was lazy and didn't feel like digging through my backpack and assumed I left it in my truck that I placed in the shop to have the transmission rebuilt.

The thing that has gotten me upset is that Boeing was trying to paint me as one of those workers who goes to work to shoot and kill coworkers they had a problem with. A week after they painted me with this description Omar Thorntonin in Manchester, Connecticut went into work and decided to start shooting.

So now what company or person will hire someone whose last employer fired them out of fear that the employee was going to come to work shooting other employees. With the world the way it is now not a single company or business will open themselves to a possible law suit.

So now my character has been soiled and misrepresented and unfortunately me not showing back up at work and killing coworkers does nothing to prove how wrong they were.

Now I am 32 have 60K in debit that has to be paid most of which is student loans followed by medical bills and credit card. After taxes that would leave 75K minus the debit I owe would leave me with 10K and that would be gone in 6 months on medical supplies for I am a type one diabetic. And accepting the 100K would mean letting Boeing off the hook for calling me a nut job that is a danger to himself and his workspace. I for one will not let them soil my name and character for any amount of money. For there are a lot of things more important to me then money my name and character are among those things. Also I would not be able to find another high paying job due to them asking me to list my jobs for the last 5 years and the reason I am no longer working there. Unless I want to lie or withhold info while filling out the appellation My job choices are pretty much minimum wage jobs and now with the USA economy being bad those jobs are getting harder to find.

Bud I understand you wanting to stand up for your rights, but you really have no idea what your dealing with, if they don't want you there you WILL NOT be there, and its clear they don't want you there, that 100k isn't even chump change to them, but they will spend millions to screw you up, I wish you luck, but IMHO you should have taken the Money, and found something else to do

Bud I understand you wanting to stand up for your rights, but you really have no idea what your dealing with, if they don't want you there you WILL NOT be there, and its clear they don't want you there, that 100k isn't even chump change to them, but they will spend millions to screw you up, I wish you luck, but IMHO you should have taken the Money, and found something else to do

I agree with you that they will find a way to get rid of me and I have accepted that.

But letting them get away with soiling my charter and name for 100k is not worth it to me. The only way I can get my charter and name back to the status it was before Boeing fired me is to make Boeing admit that they broke the law when firing me and make them have to rehire me. After that I am sure after a month Boeing will lay me off and make it to where I can never be hired again. As it is now no job that pays a descent wage will hire me. So that only leaves minimum wage jobs that would not pay enough for me to pay off my debits and have money left over to put towards retirement. So my only option is to force Boeing to admit to breaking the law to fire me after that when I fill out a job application and get asked to list the last 5 years of employment and reason for leaving I will be able to say I was laid off instead of saying I was fired due to concerns Boeing had about me shooting up the workplace.

I agree with you that they will find a way to get rid of me and I have accepted that.

But letting them get away with soiling my charter and name for 100k is not worth it to me. The only way I can get my charter and name back to the status it was before Boeing fired me is to make Boeing admit that they broke the law when firing me and make them have to rehire me. After that I am sure after a month Boeing will lay me off and make it to where I can never be hired again. As it is now no job that pays a descent wage will hire me. So that only leaves minimum wage jobs that would not pay enough for me to pay off my debits and have money left over to put towards retirement. So my only option is to force Boeing to admit to breaking the law to fire me after that when I fill out a job application and get asked to list the last 5 years of employment and reason for leaving I will be able to say I was laid off instead of saying I was fired due to concerns Boeing had about me shooting up the workplace.

Like I said, standing up for your rights is great, but as i also said you are not going to force Boeing to do Jack, they are a goverment contractor that means they get paid by our goverment to **** people, and they can do it really well cause its been going on since Wilbur flew at Kitty Hawk, so make no mistake, you are in for a hell of a fight that you WILL NOT win, if you still can take the money, and when you apply for a new job explain basicly what you have just said here, and hope for the best, ..........Oh and it would probably help a bunch if you applyed to a gun freindly company

I work for a grocery/service station warehouse called H.T Hackney in North Carolina. It's a large fenced in compound. On the front gate at the security shack there is a sign stating all vehicles entering and leaving are subject to search, mainly to make sure no one drives out with any items from the warehouse. Our head supervisor is very approachable and is a very conservative guy, so I asked him if we were allowed to have a concealed weapon in our vehicle just in case the security guard wanted to be a jerk; he stated as long as we have the proper permit we can. If he said no, I'd hate have to remove my gun I will carry in my truck every day before work, but would rather do that then have my truck searched and lose my job. I finished my Concealed course a month ago and I'm hoping it's not more than a couple weeks before my permit is ready to pick up.

I teach at a public school in Kansas. As of July 2010 we are allowed to carry on school grounds, just not in school buildings. Thus, I keep my CCW in my truck in the parking lot.

My last job had it in the employee handbook, no firearms on premise. I just locked in the lock box in my truck when I was there during the day, pretty safe area and the parking lot wasn't owned by the company I worked for. However if I was called out at night I carried it with me, boss was gone.

carry at work?

I worked at a Sam's club.
I carried all the time.
I was a door greeter.
I quit after 3 months.
"Don't ask, don't tell", is a good moto.
If you are gay or carry a gun.
Give up my rights?
For what, a job?
If it were not for guns, that company wouldn't be allowed to exist.
The only place you have to relinquish
any rights, is in a jail cell, by force.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back