Post your bike pics!!!

Nice lookin' ride, MuleSkinner!

I almost bought one of these a few years ago when I was contemplating getting a Sports-tourer, nice bikes!
If memory (what's that?) serves, that Kaw sport-tourer used a tuned-for-torque version engine of my ZX900 Ninja I had, in '84.

One of the best rides I ever had: A buddy that sold me his '82 Yamaha Vision (this one actually ran!) bought an '83 Yamaha RZ350 with the cash from the Vision sale. For those unfamiliar, an RZ350 is a 2-stroke parallel twin (Banshee engine) with an EXUP valve (Google it...) in a super-lightweight race frame. Crazy power once it eclipsed 6K rpm....never rode anything that compared to it in the slightest of degree. Not much top speed (maybe 125 mph), but getting there was a damn-near religious experience.

Me, too, MHR. This will sound crazy...but I like it so much that I will occasionally turn around and ride back through my own slipstream just to catch a whiff.

Link Removed

If memory (what's that?) serves, that Kaw sport-tourer used a tuned-for-torque version engine of my ZX900 Ninja I had, in '84.

From Wiki:

"Kawasaki introduced the Concours in 1986, based on their Ninja 900 and Ninja 1000R models. Key differences between the Ninja 1000R and the ZG1000 included 32 mm instead of 36 mm carburetors, less aggressively ramped cams, shaft drive, front and rear sub-frames, hard luggage, and full fairing."

Good memory, old fart.

Check out this holster I made for my vest!
Link Removed
Fits in pocket like this
a5ezumyt.jpg

Positioned perfect when u open pocket
u8yqybup.jpg

Some nice looking bikes here but I'm afraid we need a little more Italian steel, so here's my wife and I the day we bought our new rides.

256279_451016321586023_1766745749_o_zpsfe335555.jpg

Some nice looking bikes here but I'm afraid we need a little more Italian steel, so here's my wife and I the day we bought our new rides.

256279_451016321586023_1766745749_o_zpsfe335555.jpg

How dare you show up here, flashing that gorgeous Ducati Panigale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You sir, should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you b/c I'm jealous.... :sarcastic:

My Harleys. The sporty is gone though. I modified the engine and trans and it was a great bar hopper :sad: Sold it in December. I put some of the funds into go fast and handling parts for the bagwagon. She moves now like she lost 200 lbs and no more high speed wiggle in the turns. Still wish I would have bought a big bear kit though when I was working.

Link Removed
Link Removed

I was finally able to purchase my dad's 2002 Harley Davidson Fatboy from his widow a couple of weeks ago. I've been riding it every day since other than a few days when it rained. Getting really comfortable with it (its my first bike). Yesterday I went on my longest ride so far which was about 2 hours. I brought it to the lakefront to take some nice pictures of it. Wasn't exactly the lighting I was looking for but they came out pretty good.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Nice! Hell of a first bike Lukem and a heck of a place to live. Here in the north we have a limited season and that sucks.

Nice! Hell of a first bike Lukem and a heck of a place to live. Here in the north we have a limited season and that sucks.

Thanks. My dad and I always talked about me getting a bike so we could ride together but it just never happened so when he passed I knew I was going to buy his bike.

Thanks. My dad and I always talked about me getting a bike so we could ride together but it just never happened so when he passed I knew I was going to buy his bike.

Yeah that's too bad you couldn't saddle up and head out with your dad for some daytrippin' to parts unknown. Maybe you can start a tradition with your kids if ya have any.

Link Removed

Hey Chen, it's been so long since I've even looked closely at a stock scooter, what is the "Slim," like a next-generation Fat Boy kinda? Nice lookin' ride anyway. Kinda weird seeing a regular foot-peg mounted above a floor-board though. I can't really make out where the brake pedal is, but it looks kind of awkward to find a comfortable foot position where you can still easily access the brake.

So was that ride from WA or OR to Jackson Hole? I love mountain riding, man. And coastal runs too. And desert runs. Heck, I love it all man! I've done Sturgis 12 times. From the LA area three times, from the Seattle area (Carnation to be precise) twice, and all the rest from here. I always try to find the most mountainous route, which was easy from the West coast departure points, but it's tough down here. The Ozarks are cool, but after that, you have to fly straight and level for a thousand miles or more before you hit the Bad Lands and the mountains right outside Rapid City and Sturgis. A partner and I built a mobile dyno and took it to Sturgis for three out of the seven years I've gone up there from here. It was good because we made a ton of dough, but it was kind of a drag because we could never get out and ride, so the partner bought me out and built a real live build-shop on his property. We built the two yellow bikes below in that shop over the next couple of years. Both were bought as retired cop bikes at auction out of Nashville. Spent a little over $8K for the pair of 'em. Did all the engine work and paint myself, and polished my wife's cylinder-fins after they were powder coated so they gleamed like silver goin' down the road. Both of these bikes had light bars, sirens and saddle bags on 'em when I brought 'em home from auction. I don't know, I think they came out alright....what do y'all think?

Hers was a '98 FXRP, taken just after the first paint job, but before the powder coating and engine work:

FoxyBikerette.jpg

After really hitting it in the custom shop it had Branch heads, .80 over top end job, Andrews cam, powder coated jugs and rocker boxes, chromed lifter blocks, inner primary and brake and clutch reservoirs:

HerFXR-RtSide-Close.jpg

HerFXR-Built-RtFront.jpg

HerFXR-JugsPrimary.jpg

Mine was a '97 FXRP. Good grief, I couldn't begin to list all the mods to this bike. Like the Softail in my last post, it had super high-quality (Brown's) chrome on everything. Harmonic balancer on the crank shaft that made it purr like a (lion) kitten at 3400 RPM with virtually zero vibration. All the internals were aftermarket, including high-compression pistons, titanium rods and push-rods, shaved heads and on and on and on and on.....Was kind of a head-turner too:

MyFXR-RtFront-1.jpg

MyFXR-LeftSide.jpg

This was on the way to Sturgis '99 I think, maybe '00. GW was driving the van towing the dyno with her bike loaded on it. I much prefer right-side pics of my bikes, but this was the best one she got because somehow she couldn't keep the side-mirror of the van out of the shot when I was on her left side. Another trip that overflows the memory banks, including me and the partner getting hit by lightening just over the SD state line. Hurt like Hell, but neither of us went down, and both of us were wide awake for the last couple of hundred miles, that's for sure! LOL

MyFXR-GDTR-LeftSide.jpg

Some of my airbrush skills on display:

ViewFromTheTop.jpg

And the ubiquitous engine compartment profile shot:

MyFXR-RtSide-Close.jpg

I still have at least one more bike uploaded in my Photobucket, but I'm going to try to find some pics to scan and upload to add to it before I post 'em up.

'Scuse me guys......Yeah Honey, I'm making a post, whatcha need? Oh! HAHAHAHA! That was GW wanting to know if I smelled rice burning too! LOL Have fun y'all.

Blues

Damn fine work on those FXR's Blues. Massive cool, mon. I am jealous to say the least. FXR's were the best handling HD's beside the Sporty and I always wanted to find an FXR to do from the ground up but was never really in the funds. Maybe some day, if the world don't end first, I'll get to build my dream bike. By the way do you still have these bikes?

And a cple projects layin around.
83 CR480R
utequsyb.jpg

I have a buddy that had a CR500 back in the 90's and he let me take it for a spin. I couldn't touch the ground nor could I keep the front end on the ground but made for one hell of a ride.

Damn fine work on those FXR's Blues. Massive cool, mon. I am jealous to say the least. FXR's were the best handling HD's beside the Sporty and I always wanted to find an FXR to do from the ground up but was never really in the funds. Maybe some day, if the world don't end first, I'll get to build my dream bike. By the way do you still have these bikes?

Thanks. Nah, don't have 'em anymore. We sold our business early 2000 so we could move up to the Huntsville area to get regular jobs with insurance. The bikes paid for the transition period, as the proceeds from the business sale went straight to savings.

I had my first back surgery in late '01 and the second, more extensive one about a year later. They pretty much worked, at least to the extent that I've never been crippled by my back like I was on a regular basis for 15 years prior to the surgeries, but it's never made it back to 100% and I'd be lyin' if I said I'm not a little paranoid about hitting a pothole just wrong and knockin' all that hardware in my back loose. You know, or whatever, lots of ways to screw up an already fragile back with a scooter. Hell, just polishing that yellow one could cripple me for a week or more back in the day.

I don't know.....my wife is still very healthy. Maybe we'll get a decent bagger with one of those huge wrap-around back-rests, and I'll ride b!tch behind her! LOL You'll never see any pictures of that though! HA!

Blues

Yeah that's too bad you couldn't saddle up and head out with your dad for some daytrippin' to parts unknown. Maybe you can start a tradition with your kids if ya have any.

My daughter will be 18 next year and doesn't seem to have any interest in riding. I have some cousins that ride and also rode with my dad. We're putting together a trip soon.

My daughter will be 18 next year and doesn't seem to have any interest in riding. I have some cousins that ride and also rode with my dad. We're putting together a trip soon.

Not sure of the cost of an MSF course in your area Luke, but may be an inexpensive way to get her to see if she has any interest. Here where I am at, the course has state funding and only costs $25.00, trainer bike use included for a weekend class.
Just a thought, but may get her to see the fun in riding. Very nice bike by the way.

Not sure of the cost of an MSF course in your area Luke, but may be an inexpensive way to get her to see if she has any interest. Here where I am at, the course has state funding and only costs $25.00, trainer bike use included for a weekend class.
Just a thought, but may get her to see the fun in riding. Very nice bike by the way.

If she is interested I would probably pay for her to take the class at New Orleans Harley Davidson. That's where I took mine and really got a lot out of it. Also if you pass you don't have to take the riding portion of the test when you get the motorcycle endorsement on your license.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back