Post your bike pics!!!

My daily ride

Older Pic of my Flathead, only one I have without a family member on it

The Concourse was the state of the art when it came out in 1986. Except for a few modifications the last years model (2006) was almost the same bike. It may be old school but it is never lacking in the attributes of a world class sport tourer.
I almost bought one of these a few years ago when I was contemplating getting a Sports-tourer, nice bikes!

1981 Yamaha Seca 550...cafe/custom. Lightened to 347 lbs wet weight, carbs rejetted, HP boosted to about 70+, race clutch, '00 Mustang GT yellow, suspension upgraded, 16k miles. Older pic...new one will be uploaded when weather cooperates. All work done by yours truly.

Link Removed

1981 Yamaha Seca 550...cafe/custom. Lightened to 347 lbs wet weight, carbs rejetted, HP boosted to about 70+, race clutch, '00 Mustang GT yellow, suspension upgraded, 16k miles. Older pic...new one will be uploaded when weather cooperates. All work done by yours truly.

Link Removed

Nice work! 70+ HP from a 550cc is awesome! How's the engine wear going to be over the long-term, though? Just curious about what you did.

Thank you, sir! Stock HP is at 49, so I bumped it by 21 HP. Tried to increase HP by 50%, but couldn't quite get there. The head was flowed/ported/polished, cams from an FZR600, carb jets were upped, YICS ports were flowed/polished, Bosch +4 plugs (good for 5HP alone), new crank/cam bearings, and the restrictive stock exhaust was ditched in favor of an open MAC Racing header. The engine itself is low mileage and the bottom end of XJ bikes are legendarily stout, so I'm not too concerned about killing it. It isn't abused or thrashed, so it should be around for a while. Well, except for the occasional 1/4 mile blasts at our local dragstrip!

Nice work! 70+ HP from a 550cc is awesome! How's the engine wear going to be over the long-term, though? Just curious about what you did.

My dad has a 72 Suzuki 185 on/off sitting in his shed. I might try and fix it up one of these days. It's really beat up though. It was just used for the trails. Here's a pict of me on it, way back in the day.
vy9a9yhe.jpg

My dad has a 72 Suzuki 185 on/off sitting in his shed. I might try and fix it up one of these days. It's really beat up though. It was just used for the trails. Here's a pict of me on it, way back in the day.
vy9a9yhe.jpg

Cool! Now the question is, is it a TS185 or a TC185? The TS had a standard 5-speed gearbox while the TC had a dual-range (2 x 5 speeds). It's a labor of love getting these old bikes spiffed up (I bought my RD in 2001 from the original owner in 90 percent original condition). But you'd be surprised at the number of parts available for old bikes, many NOS.

Nice! I love RDs...

You bet, Bob. I grew up on them. Got my first one in 1976. It was a 1975 RD350. Yamaha was clearing them out of dealerships for $899 after the release of the RD400. I owned two RD400's - a 1977 and a '78. In the mid-1980's, I owned a 1981 RD350LC (Canadian). That thing was a little rocket ship.

I bought my current RD from the original owner, who was dying of cancer, in 2001. I've put a few new parts on it but it was pretty much original. It's not a museum piece by any stretch and I seldom take it out. But it never fails to draw one or two comments from people who see it and know what it is.

Love those old oil-burners! Nothing like the smell and sound of a two-stroke at full throttle!

Me, too, MHR. This will sound crazy...but I like it so much that I will occasionally turn around and ride back through my own slipstream just to catch a whiff.

y9yneqe7.jpg

My '92 Heritage. We've been just about everywhere!

Dennis in Idaho

"You'll always remember the Ride! The destination is great, don't get me wrong, but you'll ALWAYS Remember the Ride!"

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back