Post your bike pics!!!

A Harley Biker is riding by the zoo in Washington, DC when he sees
a little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.
The biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.
Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A reporter has watched the whole event.
The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, 'Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.'
The Harley rider replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.'
The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?'
The biker replies "I'm a U.S. Marine, and a Republican".
The journalist leaves.
The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:
U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS
HIS LUNCH
And THAT pretty much sums up the media's approach to the news these days.

Link Removed
Here's my 2008 Victory Vision
Link Removed
and the complete opposite end of the spectrum 1947 Harley Flathead

Trying to post pics!!

Tell us how you're trying to do it and somebody will try and help. Going from a phone straight to forum? Using a 3rd party hosting service to store your pics? Trying to upload from desktop to forum? Let me (or us) know, and I'm sure someone can give you good advice.

'02 vtx 1800 r
'13 dyna super glide
'15 ultra classic ltd
Can't figure out how to post pics on here.
BTW..... that is a vtx 1300 r gunner.

Just doing this on phone. Can't find anyway to go to my gallery on phone to upload them. Thanks.

Never tried it from phone before, but I just looked and you're right, there doesn't seem to be any way on the mobile version of this site to upload directly.

Probably best option is to use 3rd party hosting. I use PostImage.com . Only a small learning curve, but it may be more than you want to do just to post one pic. Best I got though.

Blues

Today I'll be trading this:

Link Removed

.....for this:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Good times down here in Dead Cell Holler tonight! Link Removed

Blues

So I got what I thought was an extra key fob with my new (to me) scooter. I forgot to ask the previous owner why it was different than the other two stock ones he gave me, so today I'm getting ready to put some new highway pegs on the bike and I start pushing buttons trying to figure out what they did, and this......

Link Removed

.....suddenly turned into this.....

Link Removed

Turns out I can make the thing flash to the music coming out of the stereo, or it can fade in and out as it slowly cycles through 10 or 12 different colors, or it can strobe through those same colors, making my garage look like a disco dance floor! HA!

I never would've bought those things for myself, and likely will not turn 'em on more than once or twice a year from here on out just to make someone go ooo and ahh, but it sho' 'nuff was a surprise when the lights came on so I decided to share it with ya's. Got big plans for this scoot. Will post as the changes are made.

Blues

So I got what I thought was an extra key fob with my new (to me) scooter. I forgot to ask the previous owner why it was different than the other two stock ones he gave me, so today I'm getting ready to put some new highway pegs on the bike and I start pushing buttons trying to figure out what they did, and this......

Link Removed

.....suddenly turned into this.....

Link Removed

Turns out I can make the thing flash to the music coming out of the stereo, or it can fade in and out as it slowly cycles through 10 or 12 different colors, or it can strobe through those same colors, making my garage look like a disco dance floor! HA!

I never would've bought those things for myself, and likely will not turn 'em on more than once or twice a year from here on out just to make someone go ooo and ahh, but it sho' 'nuff was a surprise when the lights came on so I decided to share it with ya's. Got big plans for this scoot. Will post as the changes are made.

Blues
Part of the fun of riding was pulling up to a stoplight and seeing a car full of kids and rolling on the throttle for them and watching them react. Can't imagine how fun lighting up the bike at night would be for them.

Great wheels and the low profile tires look tight too. Congratulations on the new family member.

The Place to Be

Part of the fun of riding was pulling up to a stoplight and seeing a car full of kids and rolling on the throttle for them and watching them react. Can't imagine how fun lighting up the bike at night would be for them.

Great wheels and the low profile tires look tight too. Congratulations on the new family member.

The Place to Be

Thanks Tex. No controls on handlebars for those lights, so unless it's hot and I'm not wearing gloves, I couldn't deal with the remote if I wanted to.

I'm leaving the house at 8:30 AM tomorrow to go to my friend's and my mechanic's shop about 60 miles away. Gonna be around 42º when/where we're meeting up at 9:00. My weather app says it's gonna be ~56º for the high tomorrow, so the ride home will be pleasurable enough, but I'm gonna be a Bluessicle on a motorsicle on the way there! My old arthritic hands may not even work well enough when we get there to show the crew at the shop the lights, much less fart around with 'em while goin' down the road, or at a stop sign (no lights 'twixt here 'n there :biggrin: ) for that matter.

The bike is killer. The jump in horsepower and torque going from an 88 to a 103cc motor is felt to a much higher degree in the ass than the measly 15cc's would suggest you'd feel. The cams are bigger too though, plus there's other power-related changes between the two versions of the Twin Cam, so I should've known it was gonna push me back against the backrest harder than any bike has pushed me before. All of the controls are "fly by wire," which means there's electrical cables coming off the brakes, throttle and the reservoir to the hydraulic clutch instead of mechanical ones. My mechanic has one that started out exactly like mine, same year and model, and he referred to the '14 thru '19 models as "rolling computers." He said all the modules are built tough, and even though each one is more expensive than replacing a cable or linkage or whatever when they go bad, he hasn't seen any go bad yet, which means his customers (at least) are getting more miles out of the electronics than his customers (like I was before) with mechanical operation of the same functions. Guess it's a brave new world out here in Harley Land. I just hope he's right, because I blew a sizable wad getting this bike. Like another kind of wad, I still enjoyed blowing it though! HA!

Have a good'un.

Blues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back