Post your bike pics!!!

Welcome, busarider.

Scorcher11Fire500blk.jpg
:crazy_pilot:

Yes and no. Side shifter with the clutch mounted on the handle instead of a foot clutch. Just barely safer. 😉

Sent from my LG-D850 using USA Carry mobile app

Link Removed
Me and my Honda TLR (Reflex).... long ago when I was young.

Scorcher11Fire500blk.jpg
:crazy_pilot:

We have a winner, people.

Umm....No, we don't. Your thread clearly asked for "bike" pics, not trikes, and certainly not Big Wheels, even though that is one heckuva cool looking Big Wheel!

So, I know this thread has been dormant for awhile, and I would've liked nothing more than to have been able to remedy that sooner than this, but slow ships from Milwaukee being what they are, it took this long for my ship to come in (again). Blazed through 18 - 20 bikes over my "career" as a biker from age 19 up to about 45 I reckon, most of them built by me from either full or partial basket cases or auction scores, but it's now been more than 15 years since I've owned one so I figured since a small ship did hit port, that there was no time like the present to fix that. The only pics I have so far are from the little independent one-man shop where I found her in Samson, AL (Samson V-Twin - see Steve and tell him the guy with the awesome red Road King Classic sentcha if'n you're in the market). More pics to follow after I get her home. Steve had to swap out the beach-cruiser handlebars for some 10" rise "baby-apes" because my long-legged knees fouled against the beach cruisers. I should pick her up tomorrow or the next day. Anyway, here she be:

0827151448.jpg

0827151449.jpg

0827151449a.jpg

0827151450.jpg

0827151451.jpg

Had to go with the "orthopedic" seat/back-rest this time. First bagger (touring bike) I've ever owned. Had a passel of rigid frames, choppers and various hot-rodded Harley versions of a "sport bike" over the decades, but never a bagger before. Between the back-rest, phat rubber, shock absorbing floorboards, actual frame shock absorbers, and big fluffy saddle, this beauty should be more akin to riding my sofa than the scooters I've been accustomed to over the years. Below was the first bike I ever built in like 1974 or '75 (my goodness what a death trap that was!), and this will (hopefully) be the last one I own. Out with the Ol' Red, and in with the New Red!

1stShovel-05.jpg

Blues

Beautiful sun-shiny morning out here in Dead Cell Holler this morning, so I thought I'd snap a few photos of my new (to me) scooter.

DSCF0545.jpg

DSCF0552.jpg

DSCF0556.jpg

DSCF0557.jpg

DSCF0558.jpg

DSCF0568.jpg

DSCF0566.jpg

DSCF0559.jpg

The windshield, luggage rack and sissy-bar are all quick disconnect, so I can make it look low and sleek in a matter of less than a minute.

The last set of pics were taken before I added the "baby-apes" handlebars. They're only 10" rise. Would like to have 14", maybe 16", but anything more than the 10" would've required replacing the stainless braided cables and brake lines, and that would about double (if not more) the price of just adding another set of handlebars. May or may not ever get around to that considering the cost, but it's kinda on the "luxury" wish-list. Otherwise, there's not a lot I want to do to her. She starts to breath real good right at 70 mph. Might add some bolt-on doo-dads. Maybe a fairing. Might even take some stuff off to streamline her a little more, like the light bars for instance, and replace the turn signals with smaller, maybe hidden ones. Main thing I'm gonna do to her is rider her though. Already put close to a thousand miles on her just taking GW out for an hour or two for some fresh air after she gets off work, and a handful of solo rides here and there. Heck, a thousand miles is about a third of the way to Sturgis! Maybe I'll work up the stamina to make it for next year's rally. Anyway, there ya go for anyone who still checks out this thread.

Blues

Wow. You Harley guys...when you do it, you do it LARGE. That's a hell of a ride, Stringer. One "Like" goes to the Pinto in the "Ol Red" pic!

I bought this back in March!

It's a 2013 Star 950. It had 2600 miles on it (over 6K now) and a V&H slip-on added. I've added a Cobra Sissy Bar/backrest since these pics. It's a sweet ride!

Hey, Blues. I made the thread, so I pick the winner! Even if it breaks the rules I set... :biggrin:

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back