Post your bike pics!!!

gunnerbob

PEW Professional
Let's see 'em boys and girls! I'll post mine as soon as I can find my damn hard drive...

My 1986 Honda Shadow 500 & 2005 Suzuki SV650

The first few pics of the Shadow are older and don't have the saddle bags or windscreen I added. I've got more pics somewhere, I'll have to look for them...

Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
This one shows the new windscreen...
Link Removed
Link Removed

Ride out to Edisto Beach - 2013

I few pics of my ride out to Edisto Beach last summer. My buddy (black guy) was riding a Yamaha Road Star (I think) and I was on my Shadow. Oh, that's not a beer next to my bike... :wink:

Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

How's that compare to the newer, "crossplane crank" R1s? Have you ridden both?

I have not had a chance to ride the new R1's...but from what I have read they seem pretty amazing.

My next motorcycle will actually be a Ducati 1098....As it's more affordable than the vmax...so I won't ride the new R1 for a while.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I have not had a chance to ride the new R1's...but from what I have read they seem pretty amazing.

My next motorcycle will actually be a Ducati 1098....As it's more affordable than the vmax...so I won't ride the new R1 for a while.

I've lusted over the 848 EVO for years..................................................

Jeez, another Yamaha fan... Is that a '98 R1? How's the FJR treating you?
2000 R1, 2003 FJR. I had to quit riding several years ago (rode for 42 years) because of collateral damage to my cochlea from CyberKnife radiation to blast a skull base tumor. I've ridden a bit on the FJR since then, but the R1 I had to let go. I fell again today (not on the bike), have to use a cane for balance, so I think I'm not going to tempt the grim reaper and quit before I kill myself, or someone else...(sigh).

Riding motorcycles was an addiction, especially high-powered sport bikes for the last 25 years, and I was 56 in the R1 piccy. I can't fly any more either.

Chen, that custom V-Max sure brought back some memories. Original ZX900 Ninja I had, seems like '83 or '84. I really liked that bike.

Here's a link I call "dragging hard parts" on the FJR. Most done with my wife on board, but some done with me solo. She used to hate the scraping sounds. I scraped the can on my R1 once, solo. Felt I was at the edge with no room for error. Skins for the R1 usually lasted me 1500 miles and spent close to 3 grand the first year I had it, including mounting and balancing. Edges wore-out faster than the center. Slowed for the straights, and nuttin' but loud handle in the corners.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/r1derbike/library/Motorcycling/Dragging%20Hard%20Parts

Finally, a piccy of my lovely wife Petra:

Link Removed

My first bike was a Honda 50 in 1969. I planned to go to woodstock on it, but at age 14, my parents thought it may be a bad idea...

Well, it seems obvious with this crowd that if I have to explain why I ride a Harley, y'all wouldn't understand, but here comes the retrospective of my builds since about 1974 or so. First up, a '68 Shovel top/Pan bottom that I threw together right after I got out of the Army:

1stShovel-07.jpg

You can't really see it here, but it was a jockey-shift (or suicide clutch if you prefer) and had a gorgeous antique crystal doorknob on the end of the shift-handle:

1stShovel-04.jpg

19 years old, full of piss 'n vinegar, apprenticing for the Steelworkers. The only thing I really miss about SoCal, year-round-riding-weather.

1stShovel-06.jpg

This is probably fast-forwarded at least five or six builds, and like 17 years, me and GW (my Gorgeous Wife) on my '91 FXSTC doin' a Toy Run in Santa Barbara on the coldest day I ever remember in SoCal. Several hilarious stories in the ol' memory banks from that run, but probably not good for here. Scooter had Branch heads, punched out to 102 ci stroker, Andrews cam, chromed everything including swing arm, inner primary, lower legs, really man, everything! LOL Just never got around to paintin' her. Full-on stock paint job.

ToyRun-SantaBarbara.jpg

GW caught a pic of the first group to muster outside our house in Torrance, CA (just a few blocks from where the two ladies were shot by LAPD during the Dorner manhunt). We picked up several of our friends along the way and that run put about 12,000 scooters in downtown Santa Barbara about three or four hours later.

ColdestRide.jpg

Pretty cool profile-shot:

R-Side-Softail.jpg

I'll post some more later. It's late and we have to get up and do our taxes early tomorrow. I'll have to dig out some pics to scan of the builds I'm missin' from that 17 year gap. I thought I had 'em either in Photobucket or one of the hard drives floatin' around here, but can't find 'em. I do have pics of the FXRP that I built for GW though. That'll be a treat when I get around to 'em. Link Removed

Blues

Well, it seems obvious with this crowd that if I have to explain why I ride a Harley, y'all wouldn't understand, but here comes the retrospective of my builds since about 1974 or so. First up, a '68 Shovel top/Pan bottom that I threw together right after I got out of the Army:

1stShovel-07.jpg

You can't really see it here, but it was a jockey-shift (or suicide clutch if you prefer) and had a gorgeous antique crystal doorknob on the end of the shift-handle:

1stShovel-04.jpg

19 years old, full of piss 'n vinegar, apprenticing for the Steelworkers. The only thing I really miss about SoCal, year-round-riding-weather.

1stShovel-06.jpg

This is probably fast-forwarded at least five or six builds, and like 17 years, me and GW (my Gorgeous Wife) on my '91 FXSTC doin' a Toy Run in Santa Barbara on the coldest day I ever remember in SoCal. Several hilarious stories in the ol' memory banks from that run, but probably not good for here. Scooter had Branch heads, punched out to 102 ci stroker, Andrews cam, chromed everything including swing arm, inner primary, lower legs, really man, everything! LOL Just never got around to paintin' her. Full-on stock paint job.

ToyRun-SantaBarbara.jpg

GW caught a pic of the first group to muster outside our house in Torrance, CA (just a few blocks from where the two ladies were shot by LAPD during the Dorner manhunt). We picked up several of our friends along the way and that run put about 12,000 scooters in downtown Santa Barbara about three or four hours later.

ColdestRide.jpg

Pretty cool profile-shot:

R-Side-Softail.jpg

I'll post some more later. It's late and we have to get up and do our taxes early tomorrow. I'll have to dig out some pics to scan of the builds I'm missin' from that 17 year gap. I thought I had 'em either in Photobucket or one of the hard drives floatin' around here, but can't find 'em. I do have pics of the FXRP that I built for GW though. That'll be a treat when I get around to 'em. Link Removed

Blues
Hard tails; ouch, my ass!

For you blues. I probably won't own a Harley for quite a few years...but they sure are fun and loud. I rented a Harley Slim with a bunch of coworkers and rode to Jackson Hole.

My next cruiser is going to be between the Shadow 750 and the Suzuki C50T... NICE BIKE, by the way!

I had the Shadow Spirit 750 before I had the VTX. I loved that bike too. Then again, I really haven't had a bike I haven't loved. :smile:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back