Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

• Total voters

G50AE

Here's a good question to mull over. Since being a hotel desk attendant is probably a more dangerous, and lower paid job than law enforcement, do you inform the front desk when checking into a hotel that you have a CCW permit?

Why? Then the police knock on your door (MWAG) and soon the whole complex knows you are carrying 'concealed'. If you want the world to know you are carrying a gun OPEN CARRY (if legal). Otherwise concealed means hidden. And Im not saying OPEN CARRY is better than CONCEALED CARRY or the other way around.

So, when does "concealed carry" morph into "open carry"? When you start giving anyone you come into contact with during your day, your permit...

Lol 50...you should of put it more like this..

In the state of WA, is it a good thing to inform the hotel that I have a ccw? I don't want to surprise anyone when I walk to the pool in my Speedo with my Lcp concealed...since it might print a little....

You might as well go ahead and every time you walk into Wal-Mart, fastfood places, the shopping mall and almost every where else you go ask or announce you have a weapon on you. The point of concealed carry is to keep hidden. In other words verbally and visually.

Doesnt really matter if its a motel or what. Its really nobody else business if Im packin. It wont affect them unless they want to get stupid. Till then, Im just another tennant.

Nope. And I don't tell cops I am carrying or have a CPL either. Reason is, I just want to go home safe to my family at night, whether it is from a traffic ticket on the way to/from work, or checking into a hotel on vacation. Telling a cop about my CPL/gun or telling a desk clerk about my CPL/gun is more likely than not going to delay the achievement of that goal.

No way!

In 2010 I stayed at a hotel in MD to attend my graduation awards banquet. To my suprise when I returned to my room after the event several items were missing! Okay so I called the front desk to see if the cleaning lady "Picked them up by mistake" when the night manager at what I thought was a nice hotel or at least it cost as much as a nice hotel stated......."Well how do we know that you chrcked into the hotel with those ITEMS?" Needless to say I flipped if my wife haf not been there my large hands would have been wrapped around her neck...I am very lucky I kept my g19 LOCKED IN MY BRIEF CASE AND TRUNK WHILE I WAS AT THE EVENT!

G50AE:232515 said:
Here's a good question to mull over. Since being a hotel desk attendant is probably a more dangerous, and lower paid job than law enforcement, do you inform the front desk when checking into a hotel that you have a CCW permit?
No I don't. I have stayed at several hotels since I started carrying and have never informed the clerk

In MO your hotel room is considered your "house" though temporary it may be. If I do inform the hotel clerk as I am checking in, I might as well inform all my "neighbours" too that I am packing. Naaaahhhhh!!!

The only time I would say anything to the clerk is if I am at a convention and am staying for a few days.
And only if I am putting my pistol in a hotel lock box and I have the key to it.

Silly question, IMHO. Not no, but HELL NO! LEO's only, and then, only if required.

There are a lot of people who believe you should notify LEO immediately, whether or not required. How many people who say hell no to the front desk clerk or taxi driver say yes to immediately informing a police officer, even when not required to do so by law?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back