Texas Man Refuses To Instruct Muslims in Gun Handling

Catfan63

Link Removed

Good for him... I agree with the rancher in the later part of the article... it's okay for some to say anything they like...

He should not cut his nose to spite his face. You let everyone into the class and in the course of the class you use your 1A and continually make every conceivable disparaging remark you can about moslems and obama supporters etal. Most will laugh with you and you encourage them with more "baiting". Those who he wanted out will either just leave or at least you will get immense satisfaction out of belittling to the nth degree everything about being a moslem, being an obama supporter, being a liberal etal. You take their money, treat them like the slime you think they are and just bully the hell out of them--they will know who they are--everyone else will have a great time in the class.

While it's his business, there are federal anti-discrimination laws that prohibit business discrimination based on race, religion, etc. He's free to discriminate based on political affiliation, but he CANNOT discriminate based on religion.

Speaking for myself...

If someone revealed they were Muslim...I would think twice about whether I wanted to instruct them.

For those of us old enough to recall (though in my case just barely)...there were a large number of Muslims who claimed conscientious objector status when called upon to serve in Vietnam. Islam claims to be a religion of peace.

However...when a Jihad is called...all bets are off.

So it seems to me that a Muslim who is NOT pursuing jihad would likely NOT wish to own or carry a firearm. While it is possible that a Muslim would be involved in sporting or hunting, one never knows. Muslims pursuing jihad essentially have divine carte blanche from Allah to lie, cheat, steal, kill, whatever it takes to win.

While it's his business, there are federal anti-discrimination laws that prohibit business discrimination based on race, religion, etc. He's free to discriminate based on political affiliation, but he CANNOT discriminate based on religion.

This is still America I think and he has the right to accept or deny who ever he wishes. As for discrimination, who's to define that, the liberal left? To them everything that is against their agend in most cases is discrimination.

He should not cut his nose to spite his face. You let everyone into the class and in the course of the class you use your 1A and continually make every conceivable disparaging remark you can about moslems and obama supporters etal. Most will laugh with you and you encourage them with more "baiting". Those who he wanted out will either just leave or at least you will get immense satisfaction out of belittling to the nth degree everything about being a moslem, being an obama supporter, being a liberal etal. You take their money, treat them like the slime you think they are and just bully the hell out of them--they will know who they are--everyone else will have a great time in the class.

Thank you for showing why Blacks still complain about racism, while you try to hide your racism behind 1A it is still racism. In your post you clearly state to try and make them unconformable to the point they will up and leave the class by making disparaging remarks.

While I don't agree with this man at lest he is upfront about his racism and makes it clear up front by letting you know if your Muslim don't waste your time and his by coming to his business. Just remember when you want to fight for your 2A rights you will lose the point that everyone has the right to a gun to defend themselves if needed.

Last edited:
Kasper:240405 said:

Thank you for showing why Blacks still complain about racism, while you try to hide your racism behind 1A it is still racism. In your post you clearly state to try and make them unconformable to the point they will up and leave the class by making disparaging remarks.

While I don't agree with this man at lest he is upfront about his racism and makes it clear up front by letting you know if your Muslim don't waste your time and his by coming to his business. Just remember when you want to fight for your 2A rights you will lose the point that everyone has the right to gun to defend themselves if needed.

I couldn't even understand what this redneck was rambling on about

This man can also lose his teaching permit from Texas.

I will be very surprised if he does not lose his teaching permit. While I agree with him to a large part and think he has every right to refuse to teach anyone he does not want to he has also agreed to operate a business under the guidelines of the state. They can close his business down just like they can any other business that discriminates but they cannot force him to teach them. They can only recind his ability to approve the results of the class for certification.

Like Chris Rock once said about OJ - "I don't condone what he did, but I understand why he did it..."

I understand his anger but two wrongs don't make a right. He's free to feel whatever way he wants but, IMO, his views and actions now disqualify him from complaining how Christians are discriminated against in Muslim countries. He has now joined the ranks of the discriminators.

Generally, I,m a "live and let live" kinda guy, however, the Constitution is not a suicide pact and therefore it seems reasonable to me to not arm or teach the use of arms to likely future enemies. I would cancel all visa's and disallow future visa's to muslims, and let them complain about their own countries and leave mine alone. And no acceptance of sharia or any other foreign law in American courts.
Call it narrow minded if you like, but I'm an American nationalist, first, last, and in the middle. BTW, I married a foreign national, and she is an American citizen now.We both believe that legal residents should stay here and illegals should be deported.

Not so clear cut...

It's not so clear cut as you might think. The best explanation I could find online was at LegalZoom.com:

The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone Because of Appearance, Odor, or Attire? | LegalZoom

Let's say I were to deny firearms instruction to a 20-something Muslim man, based on that he fit the profile of a typical terrorist or hijacker, and perhaps was behaving in a way that made me nervous or fearful.

If he were to take me to court, my attorney could argue that I was using my judgement as an instructor, deeming that the prospective student was unsuitable to carry a firearm, and that I didn't feel comfortable accepting him into my class. He could also argue that I was acting in the best interest of national security, etc. (I'm sure an attorney could word it better.)

I believe there is some case law where flight schools denied service to young foreign-born Muslim men for that same purpose, subsequent to the events of 9/11/01.

Listening to this ad was kind of like watching someone run naked through the street, you laugh, you know not everyone will, and you know this individual was probably in trouble. When I took my ccw class my instructor grilled me to make sure that I was the type of person that he wanted to instruct. I would imagine that the great majority of self defense instructors, of all types, have a certain criteria for admission to their classes. I have no problem with a weapons instructor not wanting to take a risk on one of his students being a terrorist. If he was a hand to hand or flight instructor I would expect the same concerns. But, announcing his policy in this manner may be asking for problems.
I would think it better that the government stay out of the issue and let those that like his remark take his class and those that don't to not take his class. Come to think of it, wasn't this the type of story that was good for one or two news cycles till the government stirred the pot?

So far I have had the need to refund the tuition and refuse to instruct 5 students. There were various reasons why I chose not to instruct them, however I simply told them I was "uncomfortable" with them being near me with a loaded firearm. Never had any complaints, never referenced race, religion, looks, smell, etc. Simply stated "Sir/Ma'am, I'm going to refund your tuition as I'm not comfortable instructing you at this time."

For my Utah CFP classes, I had reservations about 2 students who made some "disturbing" comments a few days after the class. I simply forwarded their information along with my concerns to Utah BCI.

As a firearms instructor, it's not my job to run background checks on my students. I do however have the right to refuse service to anyone, as long as I don't refuse to do so because they are in a protected class.

So far I have had the need to refund the tuition and refuse to instruct 5 students. There were various reasons why I chose not to instruct them, however I simply told them I was "uncomfortable" with them being near me with a loaded firearm. Never had any complaints, never referenced race, religion, looks, smell, etc. Simply stated "Sir/Ma'am, I'm going to refund your tuition as I'm not comfortable instructing you at this time."

For my Utah CFP classes, I had reservations about 2 students who made some "disturbing" comments a few days after the class. I simply forwarded their information along with my concerns to Utah BCI.

As a firearms instructor, it's not my job to run background checks on my students. I do however have the right to refuse service to anyone, as long as I don't refuse to do so because they are in a protected class.
The best reply so far. My question is, just the fact that not every Muslim is a bad Muslim who want to kill us, how do you know you are refusing someone who is really hell bent on protecting himself and his family? If you had listened to one of Glenn Beck's story about this Muslim guy who was pulped by some radical Muslims for siding with the Americans, the Star of David carved on his back, if this guy has a gun (and helped to be allowed to do so) he would have been able to protect himself and his family.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back