Prayer Warriors Needed

JJFlash

I recently posted about a cousin of mine who is very sick with lung cancer. He's the latest in a line of relatives who have contracted this disease (an aunt, another cousin, my Mom - all heavy smokers; I don't smoke, so you know).

The immediate problem is that his body can't take the heavier, second round of chemo treatments. The sequence of treatments has been started and stopped twice as he is completely wiped out and his red and white blood counts plummet. He's had one transfusion already. My suspicion is that when the docs can't continue the sequence, his weakened body has nothing to fight with, and the cancer starts to spread agressively. It's already spread to at least one lymph node, which I know is not good at all.

The docs haven't said yet, or at least my cuz hasn't told me, but I'm worried that they will halt treatment altogether, and the outcome will be ordained. I realize it probably is already - this is a tough cancer - but I want him to at least have a fighting chance.

I spoke with him today and he was able to start the sequence again yesterday. Hopefully, his blood counts won't collapse again and he'll be able to continue with the next rounds.

Might I ask my Christian brothers and sisters on the site to put him on your prayer lists? I'm praying, of course, but I'm kinda tired (stress, I guess) and I need all the help I can get.

Thanks, all.

Let's get the universe in on it, too!

Although I am not a Christian, I will take the matter to temple and have the folks there help me send some "good stuff" out there for your cousin. We will be having a monk there who was one of the Dalai Lama's students, so maybe we will get a little amplification.

Stay strong, bro.:yes4:

You and yours have been since you first posted what was going on. Please keep us updated.

JJ I prayed the other night and will continue to lift you and your cousin up in prayer.

Have been praying since you posted a few days ago, JJ. May you, and your cousin, feel God's loving presence NOW as never before. May He give you BOTH amazing spiritual, emotional and physical strength and may He fill BOTH you with "the peace that goes beyond understanding".

Please don't forget to deliver that hug to your cousin from CW&M.

So sorry to hear this. Since my wife has been through this twice and survived I will share with her and we will be praying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back