OCing and CCW Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here he goes again attacking manhood...he has a lot of manhood on his mind...

I find it interesting, but not surprising! he doesn't want to deter most criminals. Fact, you can not stop all crime. So the next best thing is to try and stop as much as you can. It seems he would rather have a greater chance to use his surprise to execute bad guys.

A crazy or experienced criminal, the ones not afraid of attacking an open carrier, will attack anyone. How would they attack a CC any differently? You think they will be surprised if they aren't afraid of a gun in plain sight? No they won't be. You think these experienced criminals will give an unarmed victim time to fight back? No they won't.

He "fled in terror" all ready from navy and I, keep it up fetter he will start ignoring you too.

He can call us a sheep dog...while hiding in the shadows as a super mall ninja surprise executioner.

B2Tall:228908 said:
Oh my bad, excuse the hell out of the spellcheck on my android phone.

That's not spelling. It's usage. You either know it or you don't.

I got a distinquished on my writing portfolio, I've an IQ in the top 2% of the population and believe me when I say I have no need to compensate, much less overcompensate.

This entire passage is one of overcompensation. I must've hit on a touchy subject. Several, it seems.

Are these anti OC threads more to convince others, or are you trying to subconsciously convince yourself? Just leave the subject alone and start a thread about something productive to the gun community, not something to just continue an absolutely pointless debate.

I've never been anti-OC. I support the right for people to OC. I believe that OC is an excellent option in certain circumstances. I just question the reasons that some people OC.

Although in reference to your red shirt analogy, there is a documented case of OCers delaying a robbery at a wafflehouse, but yet no documented case of an OC being targeted, both examples from the same small segment of the population. A relevant and equally relative example no?

And there are numerous example of BGs attacking OCers. Police, armed guards, etc. etc. I doubt very much if those BGs would turn tail and run just because you were on the scene. Of course your ego might disagree with me.

Woof woof, sheepdog. Woof woof.

It is if I spelled it wrong in my haste and it reverted to the wrong word moron. You just keep on running your mouth safely behind your keyboard and monitor because you know what would happen if you were running it to my face.

It is if I spelled it wrong in my haste and it reverted to the wrong word moron. You just keep on running your mouth safely behind your keyboard and monitor because you know what would happen if you were running it to my face.

I know exactly what would happen. You've spelled that out in the past - you like to goad people into a fight and then either shoot them (if they're bigger than you) or stomp them (if they're smaller than you). Yup - those are your own Rambo-wannabe words. A fine example of humanity you are.

It's obvious why you OC.....to show the world what a badass you are. I bet you have a large collection of "Affliction" t-shirts (what's your preference - dragons or skulls?? Maybe both??) as well as the obligatory tribal tattoos on your shoulder/upper arm. You'd probably be on "The Jersey Shore" if you weren't from Kentucky.

You're not just a sheepdog.....you're a rabid sheepdog! :laugh:

I like sheepdogs. They are so big and fluffy, and have those enormous paws. How do they see through all that fur in their eyes? I'm talking about the Olde English Sheepdog, of course. I'm not quite as fond of the other sheep and cattle dogs.

Sometimes I wish we were all sheepdogs. We could romp through the fields, waggling our rumps, playing amongst the sheep, and STOP SNIPING AT EACH OTHER when we all have more in common than we do different, DAMMIT!

Personally, I like the argument that says badges would be useful for identifying yourself to LEO when they arrive on the scene after you've shot someone. Hell, yeah! Why, just last month I shot 3 people and it was damned inconvenient when LEO showed up at the scene and I didn't have that badge. I suspect that I'll be shooting more people this month so I really need to get one...

Personally, I like the argument that says badges would be useful for identifying yourself to LEO when they arrive on the scene after you've shot someone. Hell, yeah! Why, just last month I shot 3 people and it was damned inconvenient when LEO showed up at the scene and I didn't have that badge. I suspect that I'll be shooting more people this month so I really need to get one...
Gee, I thought that was what your CCW license was for.

B2Tall:228962 said:

I know exactly what would happen. You've spelled that out in the past - you like to goad people into a fight and then either shoot them (if they're bigger than you) or stomp them (if they're smaller than you). Yup - those are your own Rambo-wannabe words. A fine example of humanity you are.

It's obvious why you OC.....to show the world what a badass you are. I bet you have a large collection of "Affliction" t-shirts (what's your preference - dragons or skulls?? Maybe both??) as well as the obligatory tribal tattoos on your shoulder/upper arm. You'd probably be on "The Jersey Shore" if you weren't from Kentucky.

You're not just a sheepdog.....you're a rabid sheepdog! :laugh:

Actually I only state the local law in reference to justifiable homicide, not what I would personally do. I prefer to fight, not take someones life, especially over a verbal disagreement. I have no tattoos and I've never heard of affliction. But what I will tell you is that mouth of yours would get your butt kicked where I come from. See that's the difference between us, you'll run your mouth on an internet forum, but I bet when it comes down to it you'd either run or hide behind your gun in real life.

Your wrong B2, I am a peaceful man, but I'm not afraid to step up to the plate and do what has to be done. If that makes me a Rambo wanna be in your eyes, ill wear the mantle proudly.

Actually I only state the local law in reference to justifiable homicide, not what I would personally do. I prefer to fight, not take someones life, especially over a verbal disagreement. I have no tattoos and I've never heard of affliction. But what I will tell you is that mouth of yours would get your butt kicked where I come from. See that's the difference between us, you'll run your mouth on an internet forum, but I bet when it comes down to it you'd either run or hide behind your gun in real life.

Your wrong B2, I am a peaceful man, but I'm not afraid to step up to the plate and do what has to be done. If that makes me a Rambo wanna be in your eyes, ill wear the mantle proudly.

A peaceful man?? Yet you ridicule those who walk away from confrontation. So in your eyes it's OK for you to be "peaceful" but not others. What a hoot! And this coming from the guy who said:

...and the demasculinization of the American male has reached critical mass.

What Jarhead was referring to, not very eloquently though, was called standing your ground. You know, what Americans did in a little something called the Revolutionary war or what some of us did for some of you when the schoolyard bully wouldn't stop picking on you.

I had a guy say something to the effect of me hiding behind my gun once, so I asked him if he'd like for me to put it up and we can handle it right quick. He didn't have much to say after that.

Where I came from, if you turned the other cheek, you got punched again. You turned and walked away, you got attacked from behind.

Predators prey on the weak and timid, they fear the strong.

Save your rebuttals, I really don't care.

And my favorite from "Mr. Peaceful":

In the OP's situation, I could have stopped the car and stepped out, letting them come to me. If there had been one, I could have whipped their butt and they would go to jail if LE showed up. If there had been more than one, I could shoot everyone of them, except the last one (unless he had a weapon, was exceptionally larger, or showed to be a trained fighter), whom I would have to fight.

The criminally minded have many things to fear here.

And these are hardly the only instances of your "peaceful" attitude. You just can't wait to shoot somebody, can you?? You don't OC because it's more comfortable, to deter crime, or for a faster draw........you do it to show off. You do it just so people will think you're a tough guy...a real badass. Reading your posts, you sound like some sort of 3rd-rate bully. To you, OCing is some sort of macho plumage for a human peacock like you to strut around with.

"Unfettered Might". Ooooooohhhhhhh! You must be a tough guy!!

I like your style, Unfetterd Might.

Hey, man, we've been down this road before and your advice to me about dealing with trolls and cowards was to "...not piss on 'em if they were on fire", if I recall. Some people get their jollies antagonizing people on the net, particularly when there are no immediate, physical repercussions. Much as you'd like to dot some eyes, it ain't gonna happen so let it lie, brother. Serenity now.

I originally posted this on another thread but in retrospect I feel it merits its own thread:

Why wouldn't a dedicated OCer wear a CCW badge in areas where he/she can't OC?? Doesn't the badge basically do the same thing as the pistol - let other knows that the carrier is armed?? I've seen a lot of OCers (and CCers to be sure) on this site ridicule CCW badge-wearers as wannabe cops and pretenders, but isn't their goal the same as the OCers - to make others around them aware that they're armed??

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. It seems quite hypocritical to me for an OCer to criticize somebody for wearing a CCW badge when their goals are clearly the same.

I'm retired LEO and you know what they say about opinions! But since you asked I would say that wearing one of these badges could get a person into trouble.

1st general public is not going to take the time to read the badge and expect you to solve their problem "Whatever it may be" This could tangle you in several legal webs and moral issues. (Lot of could I, or should I questions could arise)

2nd Why would a person want to give themselves away. Surprise is 1/2 the battle...Of course a slow well placed shot will beat 10 quickly fired misses!....

Anyway that is my thought for what it is worth.

If you want to wear a badge then take the pay cut and become a cop.

Do you live in a small town?

Police in the last town I lived in made 80k easily....that doesn't seem like a pay cut to me :-/ Seems like small town police do make less (20k...so if you live there I can understand)..where as a larger city police make on average 60k, overtime/compensation puts most upwards close 100k...

NCIC105:229420 said:
2nd Why would a person want to give themselves away. Surprise is 1/2 the battle...Of course a slow well placed shot will beat 10 quickly fired misses!....

Anyway that is my thought for what it is worth.

I agree surprise is half the battle for the criminal. If they find a victim unaware, and have the opportunity to use surprise, the victims are now on the defense. Its a matter of how fast the victim can become offensive at this point to try and stop as much loss as they can.

As another poster put it, if the criminal is not afraid to die, and has the opportunity to use their surprise, any form of carry is in for a bad day.

All criminals will have a rough time if I remain situationally aware. More then half the criminals won't pick me when I OC.

For carriers, half the battle (more like 95%) is avoiding the battle all together. So OC works best for me as it deters the majority of criminals, and SA will deter the rest, or hopefully give me a fighting chance.

I'm not a fan of the Badge. However, how many CCW holders (without a badge)have NRA or similar type stickers on there cars or home windows. How many CCW holders wear Outdoor or hunting style clothes or 5.11 Tactical clothes. Now I'm a NYC boy living in Cali. But, those are some of the things that cause me to think that you may be armed. As an Army guy, I don't like the badge (although cool looking) because of OPSEC (I like being low profile). But, again, how many open carry folks got shot by a bad guy because said bad guy saw his gun first.

G50AE:229214 said:
I prefer to fight, not take someones life, especially over a verbal disagreement.

You are not someone who should be owning guns then. You are no better than the "gangstas" who use the N-word all the time and then get ticked off if the "wrong" person uses it and then they go and start a fight.

But what I will tell you is that mouth of yours would get your butt kicked where I come from.

If that is the case you must live with a lot of thugs and assorted criminals who should be in jail.

See that's the difference between us, you'll run your mouth on an internet forum, but I bet when it comes down to it you'd either run or hide behind your gun in real life.

And you will threaten someone because they :pleasantry:"dissed":pleasantry: you. That's realy manly of you. I bet when you were in school you bullied any kids who were different from you, just because.

Your wrong B2, I am a peaceful man,

Hogwash, everything you have just said indicated that you either can't control your emotions, or that you enjoy getting into fist fights to prove how "gangsta" you are.

Odd, I don't usually agree with B2Tall. I don't agree with his arguments against OC. But in this singular instance he is right on the money.

Oh, and would someone else add the "internet rambos" tag in addition to the "sheepdog" tag.

Hey fuuuccckkk you! I wasn't the bully, I was the one who beat up the bully for picking on people like you. Neither one of you ********* knows a damn thing about me other than I'm not scared to put up.

If the shtf, it'll be my type that saves your sorry a$$ type when the bombs are falling.

I can have an intelligent debate with someone, but when they resort to insults, THEYVE crossed the line and the only way to teach a punk not to be a punk is to wipe the floor with them.

For your information, I grew up in middle class America in the suburbs not far from the country. Im white, want nothing to do with black culture, which didnt even exist during my younger years where I grew up. I was the long hair with the leather jacket and ripped jeans. See country boys like to scrap for fun when theyre young. Why don't ya'll come on over to Kentucky and I can show ya? No worries, ill even take ya out for a bite to eat and a beer afterwards.

Thanks for the backup JJFlash, nice to know that I'm not the only one here willing to actually be an American male.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back