OCing and CCW Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoganbeg:227404 said:
Open carry means the BG's most successful mode of attack will be the ambush, which tends to negate the benefit of open carry. It's all about strategy.

Because bad guys only ambush OC...they charge unarmed/CC from 100 yards away screaming you are my next victim...

Open carry means the BG's most successful mode of attack will be the ambush, which tends to negate the benefit of open carry.

Interesting... from all of the people I know/talked to who have open carried for years, not a single one of them has been ambushed by any criminals. They must not be OC'ing properly, I guess. Maybe we need to duct tape our guns to our foreheads?

Own a ranch, owned a lot of horses, you guys are beating most of them to death. Take your saddle (badge) and move on. If you want a badge get it, if you don't want a badge don't get one. If you are in an open carry state have fun, if you are in a CC state Conceal carry have fun. Peace, Love Colt 45.

The only bennie I can see to wear a badge would be if...

the shrimp was hitting the fan and you were engaged in a firefight, the LEO MAY be more inclined to assist YOU if they see the badge thinking your one of them. In that case I dont want the LEO to roll up and expect me to drop my gun before the assailant does.

Thats all speculation though. I just use my charm and that takes care of it.

I am not a LEO but work with them fairly regularly as off duty officers work security at my employers trade show booths, which I run, and as a firearms instructor. There seems to be a general consensus that LEOs frown heavily on those badges and while not illegal can still get you in uncomfortable situations.
I fully support open and concealed carry but can't recommend the badges.

I know that all the horses in America are dead, but I couldn't resist. If you don't like the badge, get this instead.
Link Removed
We now need to start importing some new herds from overseas.

Personally I think the badges are a bit silly. I just want to know how so many OCers can ridicule somebody for displaying something that basically says "I'm carrying a gun" while their (the OCers) actions tell the world the same thing - "look at me, I'm packing". The methods might be different but the intended result seems to be the same.

Because the badge carriers aren't doing to tell the world they have a gun they're doing it to make the world think they're a cop

Most people, myself included, who see a badge won't think it's a concealed carry badge, but rather, a law enforcement or security badge. I think if someone wears a CCW badge, it should be someone who open carries. Openly displaying a badge while carrying concealed defeats the purpose of carrying concealed.

Most people, myself included, who see a badge won't think it's a concealed carry badge, but rather, a law enforcement or security badge. I think if someone wears a CCW badge, it should be someone who open carries. Openly displaying a badge while carrying concealed defeats the purpose of carrying concealed.

Not when you really, really, really want to open carry but state law prohibits it. In that case the badge is the next best thing for those who feel the need to show off but can't by having their pistol displayed openly on their hip.

I went to the gun show in West Palm Beach yesterday. I was pretty disappointed not to see any "badgers" although I did see a couple of vendors selling badges. Fortunately however, my sadness was offset by the large number of Mall Ninjas walking around in their tactical gear. That always brings a smile to my face.

Best t-shirt: "Guns don't kill people. Moms with really cute daughters kill people."

B2Tall:227191 said:
A CC badge is for someone who wants to ride the line on impersonating. a LEO, bottom line.

I OC for ease of access, I promise you I can draw faster than you can from concealment.

Famous last words. This isn't the old west. There is always somebody out there who's better you, or luckier. Do you think you can draw and get a shot off vs somebody who already has their gun pointed at you?? Besides......it's kinda hard to draw if somebody comes up behind you and, without warning, cracks you in the back of the head and takes your piece while you're lying on the ground.

.....comprehension....really is a gift....your seriously lacking it.

I said I can draw faster than YOU (a CC) in any given situation. All of those scenarios are equally relevant to OC or CC and some of which OC would at least give me a better shot at getting off a shot.

Jeez man you've got this thing that's just burned into your skull that OCers will automatically be targeted in any given situation, people are just not as observant as you think they are.

Show the news articles, the proof of this theory that you have postulated that everyday citizens who OC will be targeted, otherwise would you please just shut up about it.

The proper word in this case is "you're". I guess we all lack something.

I said I can draw faster than YOU (a CC) in any given situation. All of those scenarios are equally relevant to OC or CC and some of which OC would at least give me a better shot at getting off a shot.

I'll stand by my original statement - "Famous last words...."

Jeez man you've got this thing that's just burned into your skull that OCers will automatically be targeted in any given situation, people are just not as observant as you think they are.

I've never said "automatically". As a matter of fact I've said repeatedly that, in most cases, when a BG sees an OCer he'll probably seek an easier target. The problem is that "most cases" and "probably" just isn't good enough. If the BG decides that he's not impressed with the OCers gun, the OCer is out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Show the news articles, the proof of this theory that you have postulated that everyday citizens who OC will be targeted, otherwise would you please just shut up about it.

Shut up? Why?? As I've said before, no such stats are kept because OCers make up an incredibly small segement of the population. How 'bout if I say that wearing a red shirt will make you immune to robbery since nobody can find a single article or stat that shows somebody being a victim while wearing a red shirt. That makes sense, right?? After all it's the very same logic that you're spouting.

Are you one of the few who find their manhood challenged by anyone who questions the wisdom or motivation of some OCers??? Sounds like you're overcompensating for something.

This herd of horses has been dead for so long that all of them have putrefied. The stinch is overpowering.

I think the "beating a dead horse" aspect is a dead horse in itself. There are plenty of other threads on this site....if you or anyone else doesn't like this one then move on.

I think the "beating a dead horse" aspect is a dead horse in itself. There are plenty of other threads on this site....if you or anyone else doesn't like this one then move on.

But it's so much fun to watch you troll

B2Tall:228870 said:

The proper word in this case is "you're". I guess we all lack something.

I'll stand by my original statement - "Famous last words...."

I've never said "automatically". As a matter of fact I've said repeatedly that, in most cases, when a BG sees an OCer he'll probably seek an easier target. The problem is that "most cases" and "probably" just isn't good enough. If the BG decides that he's not impressed with the OCers gun, the OCer is out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Shut up? Why?? As I've said before, no such stats are kept because OCers make up an incredibly small segement of the population. How 'bout if I say that wearing a red shirt will make you immune to robbery since nobody can find a single article or stat that shows somebody being a victim while wearing a red shirt. That makes sense, right?? After all it's the very same logic that you're spouting.

Are you one of the few who find their manhood challenged by anyone who questions the wisdom or motivation of some OCers??? Sounds like you're overcompensating for something.

Oh my bad, excuse the hell out of the spellcheck on my android phone. I got a distinquished on my writing portfolio, I've an IQ in the top 2% of the population and believe me when I say I have no need to compensate, much less overcompensate.

Are these anti OC threads more to convince others, or are you trying to subconsciously convince yourself? Just leave the subject alone and start a thread about something productive to the gun community, not something to just continue an absolutely pointless debate.

Although in reference to your red shirt analogy, there is a documented case of OCers delaying a robbery at a wafflehouse, but yet no documented case of an OC being targeted, both examples from the same small segment of the population. A relevant and equally relative example no?

Oh my bad, excuse the hell out of the spellcheck on my android phone.

That's not spelling. It's usage. You either know it or you don't.

I got a distinquished on my writing portfolio, I've an IQ in the top 2% of the population and believe me when I say I have no need to compensate, much less overcompensate.

This entire passage is one of overcompensation. I must've hit on a touchy subject. Several, it seems.

Are these anti OC threads more to convince others, or are you trying to subconsciously convince yourself? Just leave the subject alone and start a thread about something productive to the gun community, not something to just continue an absolutely pointless debate.

I've never been anti-OC. I support the right for people to OC. I believe that OC is an excellent option in certain circumstances. I just question the reasons that some people OC.

Although in reference to your red shirt analogy, there is a documented case of OCers delaying a robbery at a wafflehouse, but yet no documented case of an OC being targeted, both examples from the same small segment of the population. A relevant and equally relative example no?

And there are numerous example of BGs attacking OCers. Police, armed guards, etc. etc. I doubt very much if those BGs would turn tail and run just because you were on the scene. Of course your ego might disagree with me.

Woof woof, sheepdog. Woof woof.

Everyone knows that the "Star in Circle" is U.S. Marshall, so why not assign a badge style that is NOT currently in use by LEOs of the state? Maybe a five-pointed star (no circle) or seven-pointed star that points downward that does not look anything like the shield that actual LEOs use? It's not a badge of authority but just an identifier. A symbol given to people that have paid in money, training and background checks to prove that they are trustworthy and of good character in a tense and dangerous situation when the police aren't sure which person with the weapon should be trusted.

How about a large (symbolic, of course) schwantz, with a circle around, captioned: "Uh huh! That's right! We BAD!" LOL!

GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back