Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

• Total voters
The only time an LEO should find out you're carrying, unless notification is required in your state, is when he begins a personal search and asks if you have and knives guns or drugs on you. That's when you say, "yes a firearm, my clod permit Is in my wallet sir."

I agree but I would inform if (and only if) he asked me to step out because at that point you are going to get a pat down.

Of course if the cop asks I answer truthfully

Wel, at least he signed off on your ability to be a sheepdog. :bad:

The guy was an idiot. He required that you clear your weapon and show empty before entering the class area then about half way through the class one of the "student's" husband takes of his coat and he's carrying a
loaded .357.

And it wasn't till we got to the firing range that he informed us that we had to pay an extra $20.00 for the range fee.

Also, at his house he showed us his wife's new Beretta and said anyone that wanted to try firing it at the range could. Then he went off on me for asking.

At the range his "instructors" spent all their time w/ the young women in tight jeans and refused to help my wife. (kinda ambivalent about that one) I watched her standing on the firing line almost in tears so I went and asked the guy's (IMO only qualified) female instructor who happened to be an EPSO deputy to help her. and My wife calmed down and did the course of fire just fine.

ETA To clarify I think the EPSO deputy was his only qualified instructor period regardless of gender.

Poll: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Yes, just before requesting extra towels and the free newspaper I expect at my door.

This question needs to be added to the others gleaned from various CCW forums. (Grammar and spelling left intact):

I have a few interviews coming up for jobs that, so far, sound great. Any advice on how to bring up the company's policy on carrying at work?

I know xxxxx is a dangerous, high crime area but I like to eat there. If I almost wind up in a CCW incident after having dinner there what does that say about me? I go into high crime areas because I am 'packing' or does it simply prove Darwin was correct?

I have herd that my CCW may not be valid in soom cities and thay may seeze it and my weapon if I am found carrying thair. Is this tru? Also Is it tru we ar know longer allowed to call it a CCW? My buddie said we must follow the gidelines of one of the established firearm cites and call it a LTC. Is this for reel?

I was UOC at a Starbucks with friends recently when one of them used the term 'CCW'. I was incensed and wanted to slap them with my open hand for their lack of sensitivity. Was I in the right for being PC or was I just being a ****?

I want to apply for a CCW but do not own a gun. Is that a problem?

I have a CCW aka LTC and I like to go camping. I have heard that your camsite is like your 'temporary home'. Would it be okay to drink alcohol at the campsite while CCW/LTC?

I have limited funds so should I split the money I usually send to TV evangelists between them and firearm foundations who also promise miracles if I believe in them and their leaders?

Should I correct another person who uses CCW rather than the 'approved' and PC LTC?

If I have law enforcement contact and I correct him for referring to my LTC as a CCW, will he think I am a well informed person or a ****?

I am having the hardest time finding a wallet that my CCW will fit in, can anyone help?

Is it okay to carry a photocopy of my CCW and leave the original in a safe place? I do that now with my driver license, credit cards and my cash.

Can you shoot and kill a fleeing person who has just threatened you in order to protect other potential victims?

Why don't we have a 'secret' CCW handshake?

Can I carry a CCW Badge, as I want the world to know I am carrying a firearm?

How do you sneak your concealed firearm into an amusement park, Fair or other public place where it is prohibited?

Does being a Foundation give me the same legal 'Standing' in Federal court as, say the NAACP?

If I am the head of a Foundation suing a Sheriff, is it appropriate for me to engage in a discussion of case legal stategy on the Internet and hope County Counsel does not read it?

If I am a licensed attorney, is it appropriate to discuss legal strategy of an ongoing case on the Internet?

Can I wear my CCW to Federal Court and use the weapons lockers designated for law enforcement only?

Can you CCW in your front yard?

Anyone know where I can buy a necktie with CCW on it?

Should I keep my CCW next to my driver license so when I get carded at a club, they will know I am cool?

Is it true there is a correlation between being denied a CCW and being rejected my MENSA?

Is it true there is a correlation between being denied a CCW and being rejected by the military as unfit to serve?

Is your state CCW valid outside your county?

How do I cope with feeling 'naked' in a court building without my CCW?

How many guns should I CCW at the same time?

Can I have my wife or girlfriend carry my CCW weapon in their purse or bag?

Can I consume alcohol while CCW'ing?

Is there a limit as to how many people I can tell I have a CCW?

If I am in a traffic accident and I am knocked unconscious, who do I give my CCW weapon to?

How do I CCW on a bicycle while wearing a Spandex outfit?

How do I CCW at the beach while wearing a bathing suit?

How do I CCW while in a Sauna?

Can I CCW when taking a White House tour?

Why can I not get a CCW while on Parole or Probation?

Can I CCW when visiting a nuclear power plant?

How can I effectively CCW while Scuba Diving?

How can I CCW while skydiving?

Is there a limit as to how much ammunition I can carry while CCW'ing?

Can I CCW when going to Federal Court?

Can I CCW inside my own home?

If I realize someone near me is also CCW'ing, is there any special hand signal I should use like when you are in a sports car and see someone else in a sports car?

Should I inform my date, on a first date that I am CCW'ing?

If I have a CCW, can I wear my weapon on a lanyard around my neck so everyone will be aware of it?

If I am in a bank or a high end jewelry store and a person in front of me is wearing a hooded sweat suit, dark sunglasses, gloves and I see their weapon is partially exposed, should I discreetly inform them?

Is it a good idea to CCW when dating a woman who has a TRO against her estranged spouse? Should I wait until he moves out of the family home?

It is appropriate to ask the person at the next urinal to hold your weapon while you urinate?

Can I CCW on a cruise ship?

Can I CCW when flying on EL AL?

Can I CCW while on a fishing boat?

Can I CCW while BASE jumping?

If I am on the freeway and CCW'ing and I see an officer speaking to a car full of suspects, should I stop and offer to back them up?

After I am issued my CCW and I am flying unarmed, should I apptempt to 'make' the Federal Sky Marshal so I can back them up if things go sideways?

Is it okay to show a friend your new unloaded rifle in a parking lot at a bank or a convenience store?

Is there a CCW site where I can ask endless and pointless 'what if' or 'say this were to happen' questions?

Did I actually have to learn something during the CCW class?

What if I wet myself in anticipation of telling the officer I have a CCW during a traffic stop?

Should I approach officers for no other reason than to inform them I have a CCW?

Does having a lot of CCW's from other states increase my chances of obtaining a California CCW or will I just appear to be a ****?

During a traffic stop, do I have to show all my CCW's from other states? Will the officer think I am cool or just a ****?

I like to camp near drug cartel Marijuana fields. Would that qualify as Good Cause?

Can I use rental property that I do not reside in to qualify for residency?

If I lie on the application, is that a bad thing?

Will a TRO be held against me if I apply?

I have this friend and he found some guns in a storage unit. Can he keep em? He would write teh question hisself, but he doon't write two gooode and isknot veery rticulate.

I like to wear inappropriate clothing that is not conducive to wearing a CCW. Can anyone refer me to a CCW clothing advisor?

If I accidentally 'print' while CCW'ing should I announce to all within hearing distance, 'it is okay, I have a CCW', while displaying it for all to see?

If I see a crime in progress, should I shout; "Freeze M/F, I have a CCW" While showing my CCW?

If I am stopped by the police should I show them all of my 'non resident' CCW's and my CA CCW, if I have one, prior to showing my drivers license, registration and proof of insurance?

Are there any clubs or organizations of CCW holders that I can join?

I have a vacation planned to New Mexico. Can I CCW at Los Alamos?

Can I have a Character Letter party, where we all get together and write each others Character letters?

If I am frightened by someone presence, can I draw my weapon to scare them away?

If i am working armed security and a suspect lies to me can I shoot them?

Can I CCW on a military base?

I thought Heller gave me the RIGHT to a CCW, is that not correct?

Can I get into trouble if I CCW on private property, that is posted 'No CCW'?

Can I CCW on school grounds if my permit says I can't?

Some tenants in my building were smoking pot and I reported this to management. I now have fear of retaliation, can I CCW on my back porch?

I just received my CCW and I need to no if it is goode anywear besides the county of issuance?

Is it ok to carry a weapon in my pocket next to my junk?

Ths is for you, Agent Green...you make a list of mistakes posted here? Not all of us are good at English. Or some just simply are the way they are spelled because some people have phonetic ears and spells that way. As long as you understand the message, why bother correcting them. I have met more intelligent people who are brilliant at what they know than how they spell. I have met mediocre people who are good spellers but not so good at anything. For some people like me, English is not even my first language but I tried -- because I have to compete, because I want to be able to express myself with people whose interests shares mine.

Please ease up. We did not come here to learn English or another language, but to exchange ideas, wrong spellings or tenses or whatnots....

I must agree with ASC1WBULLOCK. Unless management of the establishment REQUIRES CCW holders to identify (Something I have never heard of!) such a holder gains nothing by stating that he/she is packing. It is none of their business. It might expose the holder to danger (Targeted by bad guy(s))and amounts to simple-minded braggadocio. God knows that, if you NEED to pull the weapon, people will find out soon enough!

Are you serious?

Why would someone even ask that question?

Uh, no, but i do tell them that I've been in an airplane.

Yes, it is a serious question. Some of us think it is just as, if not more, foolish and unnecessary to inform a police officer of a CCW (when not required by law) as it is to inform a front desk clerk or taxi driver. Many people cite "courtesy", "respect", "the officer just wants to go home safe at night", and "to put them at ease" as reasons to notify a police officer of their CCW. Those particular reasons should be more applicable to those persons whom we might deal with that are in more dangerous professions than police officers, therefore those people who inform police officers for those particular reasons should be more eager to extend the same "courtesy" to those other, more dangerous professions.

Yes, it is a serious question. Some of us think it is just as, if not more, foolish and unnecessary to inform a police officer of a CCW (when not required by law) as it is to inform a front desk clerk or taxi driver. Many people cite "courtesy", "respect", "the officer just wants to go home safe at night", and "to put them at ease" as reasons to notify a police officer of their CCW. Those particular reasons should be more applicable to those persons whom we might deal with that are in more dangerous professions than police officers, therefore those people who inform police officers for those particular reasons should be more eager to extend the same "courtesy" to those other, more dangerous professions.

I'm interested in how you came to the conclusion that a hotel clerk or a taxi driver holds a more dangerous job than a police officer

I'm interested in how you came to the conclusion that a hotel clerk or a taxi driver holds a more dangerous job than a police officer

I didn't come to the conclusion that a taxi driver's job is more dangerous that a police officer's. The Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics did.

Link Removed

And notice where police officers are on the last chart in this series:

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cfch0009.pdf

The very bottom. A garbage collector is 1.5 times more likely to die on the job than a cop is. A fisherman is 6 times more likely to die on the job than a cop is.

NO ONE gets to know if I am carrying. Except, an LEO interacting with me in the line of duty. It's the Law. I don't have to necessarily agree or "like" it, but that's the way of it.

The only difference between a BG and a CCW gunslinger is that the CCW type generally tries to comply with the Law. (Probably why our Elected Elites always pass "gun laws" that only affect the law abiding, it's the only means by which their grand edicts get paid any attention to at all. Certainly doesn't bother the BGs!)

It's a "trust" thing. Generally, our legislators don't trust us average citizens too awfully much. (Well, that, at least, is mutual.) They don't draw approval ratings consistantly in the teens for nothing, ya know! LOL!

GG

GG

I didn't come to the conclusion that a taxi driver's job is more dangerous that a police officer's. The Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics did.

Link Removed

And notice where police officers are on the last chart in this series:

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cfch0009.pdf

The very bottom. A garbage collector is 1.5 times more likely to die on the job than a cop is. A fisherman is 6 times more likely to die on the job than a cop is.

Thanks for the information, it is actually pretty interesting to look at. But I must say that taxi drivers encounter violence and danger for different reasons than police do. So equating the two is not reasonable. The article points out that one reason taxi drivers have especially high rates of violence against them is because they work with cash, making them a target for robbery. Cops do not share this motivation of being targeted for violence.

With this said, there are different motivations for informing police while not informing a taxi driver. I may find it reasonable to inform a cop of my weapon in an attempt to show my willingness to cooperate and reveal to him that my intentions are not that of committing violence against them. A cop killer is most likely not going to tell a cop they have a gun before using it against them.

In relation to a taxi driver, a big reason why their job is dangerous is because they have cash, and lots of it. Informing a taxi driver that you have a gun may be taken in the opposite way, as a threat. Bank tellers also have lots of cash and if you tell a bank teller you have a gun, you will most likely be interpreted as a robber.

Ths is for you, Agent Green....Please ease up. We did not come here to learn English or another language, but to exchange ideas, wrong spellings or tenses or whatnots....

Are you serious? Do you actually think the purpose of that post was to point out grammar and spelling? It wasn't. Oh the irony...

Deserteagle:233983 said:
With this said, there are different motivations for informing police while not informing a taxi driver. I may find it reasonable to inform a cop of my weapon in an attempt to show my willingness to cooperate and reveal to him that my intentions are not that of committing violence against them. A cop killer is most likely not going to tell a cop they have a gun before using it against them.

In relation to a taxi driver, a big reason why their job is dangerous is because they have cash, and lots of it. Informing a taxi driver that you have a gun may be taken in the opposite way, as a threat. Bank tellers also have lots of cash and if you tell a bank teller you have a gun, you will most likely be interpreted as a robber.

Watch this...just for kicks, i've done it before with another post in another thread...

With this said, there are different motivations for informing taxi drivers while not informing a cop. I may find it reasonable to inform a taxi driver of my weapon in an attempt to show my willingness to cooperate and reveal to him that my intentions are not that of committing violence against them. A taxi driver killer is most likely not going to tell a taxi driver they have a gun before using it against them.

In relation to a cop, a big reason why their job is dangerous is because they have perceived authority, and lots of it. Informing a cop that you have a gun may be taken in the opposite way, as a threat. Sheriffs also have lots of perceived authority and if you tell a sheriff you have a gun, you will most likely be interpreted as a bad guy.

Watch this...just for kicks, i've done it before with another post in another thread...

With this said, there are different motivations for informing taxi drivers while not informing a cop. I may find it reasonable to inform a taxi driver of my weapon in an attempt to show my willingness to cooperate and reveal to him that my intentions are not that of committing violence against them. A taxi driver killer is most likely not going to tell a taxi driver they have a gun before using it against them.

In relation to a cop, a big reason why their job is dangerous is because they have perceived authority, and lots of it. Informing a cop that you have a gun may be taken in the opposite way, as a threat. Sheriffs also have lots of perceived authority and if you tell a sheriff you have a gun, you will most likely be interpreted as a bad guy.

Great big +1. Absolutely amazing how that works, isn't it!

Here's my deal with police and why I brought up the initial discussion about the taxi drivers in another thread.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics there are at least nine other professions that are more dangerous than police officer. My garbage collector is more likely to get killed on the job than a police officer is. Where would I be without my garbage collector? What if he didn't show up for work for two, three or four weeks in a row? Would our lives suffer if all of the garbage collectors in the country took a month vacation? Hell yes. And garbage collectors have a pretty thankless job.

What about the farmers who work for 12-16 hours a day, usually, to put food on our tables? What about the stress they have wondering if a storm is going to wipe out their crop, and several months of paychecks in one day? Wondering if the gas prices are going to keep them from being able to make any money? They are more likely to get killed on the job than a cop is. Without the farmers and ranchers, where would we be? We would be out in our gardens, or out in the woods hunting for several hours after work EVERY DAY, just to feed ourselves and our families. The same is true for fishermen.

What about loggers/lumberjacks? When was the last time you hugged a lumberjack? If it wasn't for them, exposing themselves to many times more danger every day than a police officer does, where would you be? Look at everything that is made of wood around you. Where does that come from? Do you want to go out and cut down your own trees to make the 2x4's in your house from?

Now, in regards to police officers. They are doing a job. Nothing more, nothing less. Is it an important and dangerous job? Yes. Any more important than a farmer, garbage collector or lumberjack? Not really. Do police officer's deserve special treatment from me because they wear a uniform and a badge? Absolutely not. Police officers' authority is limited to what is granted to them by statute and many times more restricted than statute by state and US Constitutions. I feel no need to offer police officers anything more than is required by law and anything more than I would the lumberjack who cut the wood for my house, the farmer who puts food on my table and the garbageman who takes away my garbage. I see no reason at all to place police officers into any kind of elite status because of the profession they have chosen.

In fact, if we didn't have the farmers, the lumberjacks, the fishermen, and the garbage collectors, I fully believe that our lives would be greatly more affected than if we didn't have police officers.

And that is the point to these questions.... exactly why is it that the uniform and the badge deserves special treatment above and beyond that treatment afforded to hardworking men and women who are in much more dangerous jobs, without whom our lives would eventually become extremely miserable.

If you had read my post you would have realized that one of the main reasons why taxi drivers are targeted for violence is because they have cash, so they get robbed. Therefore, you would reveal your gun before committing violence or threatening it against them.

If informing a cop was seen as a threat, everyone in states that require informing cops would be put in jail for threatening the cop, and everyone in other states would likewise be thrown in jail for informing as well.
Cops do not have "perceived" authority. Your state constitution gives them real authority.

If you had read my post you would have realized that one of the main reasons why taxi drivers are targeted for violence is because they have cash, so they get robbed. Therefore, you would reveal your gun before committing violence or threatening it against them.

If informing a cop was seen as a threat, everyone in states that require informing cops would be put in jail for threatening the cop, and everyone in other states would likewise be thrown in jail for informing as well.
Cops do not have "perceived" authority. Your state constitution gives them real authority.

I did read your post. Then I changed it to my post. If you read my post, you would have seen no argument against robbery of taxi drivers. I believe in most cases, where a violent act is committed with a firearm, or a threat is committed with a firearm, the firearm has to be revealed, Taxi or cop, period. How does it change between the two? Do you think when there is violence against police the bg keeps the firearm in their pocket and shoots from there, keeping the firearm completely concealed the whole time?

If informing a cop wasn't a threat, Canton, Ohio wouldn't have happened. "There's no Harliss bull**** that's going to happen today," wouldn't be such a great line either.

They do have authority through state, authority of law, not of opinion. While bad guys will kill police officers trying to avoid the officers authority of law, it's the officers perceived authority of their own opinion that makes them dangerous to law abiding citizens.

Like you said earlier, there are different motivations in telling different people. I do not feel motivated to tell ANYONE that doesn't know I am all ready carrying that I am doing so unless I feel its safer for ME. Not safer for a taxi driver, not safer for a cop, not safer for bambi...only safer for ME is the only reason I will tell someone. Do I believe its safer for me to tell an officer? No. Taxi driver? No. Hotel Clerk? No. Garbage man? No.

Do I believe its safer for me to tell an officer? No. Taxi driver? No. Hotel Clerk? No. Garbage man? No.

And the person in that list who is MOST dangerous TO YOU if you tell them about your gun is the police officer, which is why a police officer is the LAST person I will tell about my gun, unless it is required by law.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back