Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

• Total voters
But WHY???? So the housekeeper can steal your gun!!! I have never notified the front desk. I was just in OHIO at the Westin and was fine

Sorry, but some of the most dangerous jobs are that because of ACCIDENTS, not robberies.

I still see little merit in informing people where there is no legal requirement to do so. Most of them I suspect really don't in the last WANT to know.

Firefighter-
"I believe in most cases, where a violent act is committed with a firearm, or a threat is committed with a firearm, the firearm has to be revealed, Taxi or cop, period. How does it change between the two?"

When using a gun against a LEO, you dont tell them, "Sir, I have a concealed gun by my right hand that I am about to attempt to murder you with". If you wanted to use it against them, you would pull it out and shoot, or not reveal it by using it when their back is turned.
When using a gun against a taxi driver you say "I have a gun and if you dont do what I want then I am going to use it against you".

That is the difference. As to the rest of your post, I dont quite feel like picking apart all the trolling you and the other pro-open carriers are doing in the concealed carry forums rights now.

Deserteagle:234249 said:
Firefighter-
"I believe in most cases, where a violent act is committed with a firearm, or a threat is committed with a firearm, the firearm has to be revealed, Taxi or cop, period. How does it change between the two?"

When using a gun against a LEO, you dont tell them, "Sir, I have a concealed gun by my right hand that I am about to attempt to murder you with". If you wanted to use it against them, you would pull it out and shoot, or not reveal it by using it when their back is turned.
When using a gun against a taxi driver you say "I have a gun and if you dont do what I want then I am going to use it against you".

That is the difference. As to the rest of your post, I dont quite feel like picking apart all the trolling you and the other pro-open carriers are doing in the concealed carry forums rights now.

Lol so going into the other forums equals troll? First, Android doesn't show which forum I am in. Second, I guess that makes every concealed carrier who posted in the open carry section a troll as well, including you. I should make a troll list based on that criteria, like the complete fools list based on b2's criteria...I think troll list will definitely be bigger...

When using a gun against an Leo, its to escape conviction. In that case, its pretty obvious to the Leo when a firearm is drawn, since it will only be hidden as long as a robber would hide their firearm during a robbery. Unless you are talking about the rare occurrence a police officer is targeted for murder, then yes the Leo would probably never see it coming.

When a taxi driver is robbed, I think it goes either like this 1.) Give me your money., then bang bang and/or run away 2.) Bang bang, takes the money. What about the not as rare occurrence of murdering a taxi driver without any thought of robbery. Then its also just bang bang run away. And the taxi driver would probably never see it coming in that case either.

If you can't take a little opposition, that's cool. Have a good day.

Here's a good question to mull over. Since being a hotel desk attendant is probably a more dangerous, and lower paid job than law enforcement, do you inform the front desk when checking into a hotel that you have a CCW permit?

'Blankity blank blank' hell no! Why on earth should I? There's no law saying I should and it's nobody else'e beeswax!!!! Mull it over??? Not even for a second!!! Of course, you do as you want.

Lol 50...you should of put it more like this..

In the state of WA, is it a good thing to inform the hotel that I have a ccw? I don't want to surprise anyone when I walk to the pool in my Speedo with my Lcp concealed...since it might print a little....

LOL!!! If I walked into the pool area in a speedo with an lcp concealed, the gun is the last thing they're going to notice or fret about! (darn scary thought, is why you'd never see me in a speedo heading for the hotel pool!)

The less people that knowthe better. No need to inform them,same as going anywhere else. No need to let anyone else know other than you and your family.

I'll call the front desk of the hotel asking if firearms are allowed in the hotel a week before booking online or on the phone. If there is a policy against firearms, I'll take my money somewhere else. I have yet to call a motel or hotel that prohibited firearms.

I will only let the front desk clerk know is if I have to store any firearms at the hotel, but I will check beforehand to see if they have a safe. I've only did this once for my rifles, and it went very smooth. I don't expect it to happen again.

I'll call the front desk of the hotel asking if firearms are allowed in the hotel a week before booking online or on the phone. If there is a policy against firearms, I'll take my money somewhere else. I have yet to call a motel or hotel that prohibited firearms.

I will only let the front desk clerk know is if I have to store any firearms at the hotel, but I will check beforehand to see if they have a safe. I've only did this once for my rifles, and it went very smooth. I don't expect it to happen again.
I do not know about your Castle law in Oregon but here in MO, even the motel/hotel you are in and also your car is included in the Castle doctrine.

If you are carrying where you can legally carry and you announce you may have a serious problem, in TX only a licensed police officer magistrate may ask or see your license everone else is so long.

Concealed means concealed.

I do not know about your Castle law in Oregon but here in MO, even the motel/hotel you are in and also your car is included in the Castle doctrine.

I have yet to rent a motel or hotel room in Oregon since over the age of 21, and all my bookings have been in different states.

Here is how I look at it:

1) I don't want to spend money where I'm not welcomed because of my views. Note - I do not mention I'm a police officer to the hotel.
2) I don't want to risk a trespass charge (whether legitimate or not) for violating a hotel's policy.
3) I respect property owner's rights to make those decisions, even if they are wrong. I also respect someone turned away to share their experience, as long as it's not slander or liable.
4) I do not feel comfortable with the state criminal justice system that I'm not a resident in. I feel out of my element, and when you travel on short notice it can be daunting.
5) I don't want to risk an additional charge such as menacing (whether legitimate or not) for carrying a gun, or for instance in the State of Oregon if you are trespassing and have firearms it's enhanced charge.

Thats my question?, why would anyone mention this?, the only People that I would notify is LEO's, it law here in NV

Would you please STOP spreading false information about Nevada gun laws? There is no requirement to notify police if you are carrying a firearm. If you think there is, I challenge you to show us the law that requires it.

hmmm, do the bad guys inform the front desk if there packen?......

Bad guys don't inform police officers if "there packen" either.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back