Close call on the scoot

"And if that motorcycle you're riding everyday can't outrun most cars on the road, I strongly suggest that you get a real one, they're a lot faster & safer under the circumstances. "

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

Now, Now Johnny Ringo, calm down. I don't want you shooting me. We are having a discussion. Let's keep it that way.

By the way, I ride a BIG-BOY Bike. It's plenty fast. It's a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glide, and I can U-turn it in a 20 ft circle., so I know how to ride it too. Can you do that with your little Sportster?

EKTAR: it is cut and dry.... don't you see the difference between ms-13, laraza, hell's angels, mongols, and the patriot guard riders? lol Im pretty sure the patriot guard riders do not attempt to hurt others or attack this country (like laraza with the whole give us back texas stance). i don't know about anyone else but i don't consider the patriot guard riders a gang.

LOL? but where do you draw the line?

"And if that motorcycle you're riding everyday can't outrun most cars on the road, I strongly suggest that you get a real one, they're a lot faster & safer under the circumstances. "

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

Now, Now Johnny Ringo, calm down. I don't want you shooting me. We are having a discussion. Let's keep it that way.

By the way, I ride a BIG-BOY Bike. It's plenty fast. It's a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glide, and I can U-turn it in a 20 ft circle., so I know how to ride it too. Can you do that with your little Sportster?

Oh yea, 20 ft is a pretty big circle in my book. You should be a BIG-BOY to ride the Electra Glide, it's a "Couch on Wheels", nice to sit on. Sportsers are built for SPEED, not COMFORT. My Sporty is anything but stock except for the 5 speed tranny. Cranking out to 105 mph. in 4 th gear is sweet, can you do that on your BIG-BOY Bike? Electra Glides are nice bikes, especially for cruising, Sporters are for racing. There's no comparison between muscle and flab, speed and comfort. :pleasantry: " Plenty fast" to you, is slow to me. :biggrin:

Oh yea, 20 ft is a pretty big circle in my book. You should be a BIG-BOY to ride the Electra Glide, it's a "Couch on Wheels", nice to sit on. Sportsers are built for SPEED, not COMFORT. My Sporty is anything but stock except for the 5 speed tranny. Cranking out to 105 mph. in 4 th gear is sweet, can you do that on your BIG-BOY Bike? Electra Glides are nice bikes, especially for cruising, Sporters are for racing. There's no comparison between muscle and flab, speed and comfort. :pleasantry: " Plenty fast" to you, is slow to me. :biggrin:

Ewwww.....dueling scooters. I'm in...05 Electraglide Standard, oversize cam, power commander for the fuel injection system, and Rhineheart True Duals. I like fooling people who think it's a stodgy, old "geezer glide". :biggrin:

Oh yeah, I own a custom CBR 900RR that will outrun 98% of the cars on the road, tops at 170 mph and I can turn a 8 foot circle.....so :victory:

Sorry guys, just had to throw my two cents in :pleasantry:

Oh yeah, I own a custom CBR 900RR that will outrun 98% of the cars on the road, tops at 170 mph and I can turn a 8 foot circle.....so :victory:

Sorry guys, just had to throw my two cents in :pleasantry:

Yeah, well, how fast it goes is only one factor. More importantly, of course, is how "cool" you look on it. :cool:

(and at 56 years old, bald, fat, goatee, earring, tats...I am the epitome of "cool". At least that's what my wife tells me...hah!)

Ewwww.....dueling scooters. I'm in...05 Electraglide Standard, oversize cam, power commander for the fuel injection system, and Rhineheart True Duals. I like fooling people who think it's a stodgy, old "geezer glide". :biggrin:

Okay, maybe I was a little :sarcastic: (but it's fun) , I love all Harley's. I've always been a "speed freak" when it comes to motorcycles, even as a geezer I can't slow down. My motto.."you don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding".

Okay, maybe I was a little :sarcastic:, I love all Harley's. I've always been a "speed freak" when it comes to motorcycles, even as a geezer I can't slow down. My motto.."you don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding".

Just remember, bro, it's not how fast you get there, it's how long you can go. (I just made that up, not bad, huh? Feel free to use it. :biggrin:)

Yeah, well, how fast it goes is only one factor. More importantly, of course, is how "cool" you look on it. :cool:

(and at 56 years old, bald, fat, goatee, earring, tats...I am the epitome of "cool". At least that's what my wife tells me...hah!)

Just please don't tell me you have nipple rings.:sarcastic:

Just please don't tell me you have nipple rings.:sarcastic:

Whatcha got against nipple rings, HK? :laugh: Uh, no, you can relax, brother, no nipple rings. They don't do much for me and besides I'm way to much of a wuss for that kind of pain..:biggrin:

I'm 67 (& 1/2 :biggrin:) years old, still have "most" of my hair,still slim, got rid of my goatee & (4) earrings at 67 because my wife says I'm too old to be cool. But I'm keeping my tats.

My Sporty is anything but stock except for the 5 speed tranny. Cranking out to 105 mph. in 4 th gear is sweet, can you do that on your BIG-BOY Bike?

I'm 67 (& 1/2 :biggrin:) years old, still have "most" of my hair,still slim, got rid of my goatee & (4) earrings at 67 because my wife says I'm too old to be cool. But I'm keeping my tats.

Can I play? 62 years old (don't wear the earrings [4] because of the job, shaved my dome until 1/1/10 [SHE's making me grow it back!! :angry: Goatee stays! ), '05 FLSTC Heritage I call "The Beast" - 96", 203 cams, race tuner, dyno'd, Thunderheader pipes, and my favorite thing is setting off car alarms as I roll by 'em. Makes me chuckle. Got the headlight (high beam all the time), passing lamps AND fog lamps that I run permanently...I look like the Starship Enterprise coming down the road...so if they can't see me, they damn-sure gonna hear me.

---------

How 'bout we post some pictures of us with our rides, like Ringo did?

Link Removed

Can I play? 62 years old (don't wear the earrings [4] because of the job, shaved my dome until 1/1/10 [SHE's making me grow it back!! :angry: Goatee stays! ), '05 FLSTC Heritage I call "The Beast" - 96", 203 cams, race tuner, dyno'd, Thunderheader pipes, and my favorite thing is setting off car alarms as I roll by 'em. Makes me chuckle. Got the headlight (high beam all the time), passing lamps AND fog lamps that I run permanently...I look like the Starship Enterprise coming down the road...so if they can't see me, they damn-sure gonna hear me.

---------

Link Removed

Nice ride..very cool. :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFlash
Ewwww.....dueling scooters. I'm in...05 Electraglide Standard, oversize cam, power commander for the fuel injection system, and Rhineheart True Duals. I like fooling people who think it's a stodgy, old "geezer glide".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
My Sporty is anything but stock except for the 5 speed tranny. Cranking out to 105 mph. in 4 th gear is sweet, can you do that on your BIG-BOY Bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
I'm 67 (& 1/2 ) years old, still have "most" of my hair,still slim, got rid of my goatee & (4) earrings at 67 because my wife says I'm too old to be cool. But I'm keeping my tats.

Damn guys, we need to go for a ride. Let's all meet Ringo in AZ. There's about 3 more weeks of riding season left there :biggrin:

---------

Link Removed

"Oh yea, 20 ft is a pretty big circle in my book. "

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

Have you measured it lately? If you have a video of you turning in between two parking spaces, please post it here. I'd like to see it and applaud you. I'm not saying you can't do it, I just want to see it done on a Sportster. A 20 ft circle is pretty small for a turning radius on a bike with as much rake as a Sportster, even if the Sporty is shorter than an Ultra. Two parking spaces are about 18 ft wide. Just do a video with you going into the right space, U-turning, and coming out inside the left space. Even on a Sporty, that ain't easy.

On the power issue, Harleys aren't bought for power. They are ridden for comfort and nostalgia. If you want speed, get a Honda ST1300. I always get a kick out of folks that brag about how fast their Harley goes. Any squid on even a 600 sport bike will leave a Harley in the dust, making a "Harley" look like a "Hardley". LOL!

"Oh yea, 20 ft is a pretty big circle in my book. "

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

Have you measured it lately? If you have a video of you turning in between two parking spaces, please post it here. I'd like to see it and applaud you. I'm not saying you can't do it, I just want to see it done on a Sportster. A 20 ft circle is pretty small for a turning radius on a bike with as much rake as a Sportster, even if the Sporty is shorter than an Ultra. Two parking spaces are about 18 ft wide. Just do a video with you going into the right space, U-turning, and coming out inside the left space. Even on a Sporty, that ain't easy.

On the power issue, Harleys aren't bought for power. They are ridden for comfort and nostalgia. If you want speed, get a Honda ST1300. I always get a kick out of folks that brag about how fast their Harley goes. Any squid on even a 600 sport bike will leave a Harley in the dust, making a "Harley" look like a "Hardley". LOL!

The rake on a Sportster is the shortest of all rakes of all Harley"s, like I said, pretty big circle in my book. The Sportster IS bought for power, not comfort, like I said. Other bikes don't matter to me, just Harley's. That said, I can make YOUR Harley look like a "Hardley" any day of the week and twice on Sunday. LOL! :biggrin:

Thats part of the reason i used to keep a small bag full of ball bearings and/or pieces of broken spark plugs on the left side of my bars. When ya get agressive drivers like that, one piece flipped over your shoulder does wonders on a windshield. In most cases it would just be 'some road debrie that the back tire musta kicked up".

A handful of heavy marbles does the same as the ball bearings and they shatter on impact thus destroying the culprit. :rolleyes: Or so I've been told. Walmart sells some in a handy little bag that seems to fit right in a vest pocket. I carry them in case I ever get a chance to play marble with the guys.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back