Close call on the scoot

HardCorps53

I was out on the Road King this afternoon when a carload of punks pulled up next to me at a stoplight, crowding into my lane. I gave them a quick glance and then ignored them. Once the light changed, the driiver continued to crowd me and then drifted in front of me. I laid on the horn but backed off. I got a couple of middle fingers for the horn.

At the next light, I pulled up behind them but stopped about two car lengths back. Suddenly, a big guy got out of the front passenger side, and a smaller guy got out from the rear drivers side. They started walking towards me. I gave the smaller guy a quick glance and then locked eyes with the big guy. I reached into my vest and put my hand on my gun. The big guy recognized the signifigance of my hand in the vest. His eyes got big and he and he yelled at the other guy to get back in the car, now!!!.

When the light turned green, the driver took off like a bat out of hell. I didn't get a plate number but I was just happy to see them go.

Thats part of the reason i used to keep a small bag full of ball bearings and/or pieces of broken spark plugs on the left side of my bars. When ya get agressive drivers like that, one piece flipped over your shoulder does wonders on a windshield. In most cases it would just be 'some road debrie that the back tire musta kicked up".

So you could claim duress if you shot them when more than one jumped you. But what about when it was down to the last one coming at you? Could you shoot them still, since its now one on one and no weapons are visible? Just fuel for thought.

I ride and carry as well. I am glad that you are ok. It is unfortunate that these people arent considered domestic terrorists and fair game with no bag limit.

I also think that being a gang member should be a signed death warrant. I guess there is a reason I am not president.

Glad that worked out for you, but I would caution others not to try it with an empty vest, just to bluff your way free. If they should call that bluff you might be in trouble.

As for "Gang Members" being marked for death, I gotta ask...what constitutes a "Gang"? La Raza? MS 13? What about the Hells Angels? Mongols? Patriot Guard Riders? Also, who decides? Maybe some politicians would decide that NRA membership constitutes a "Gang". Where are the fences here...where would this end? Unfortunately, while I'm sympathetic with your feelings, it's not so cut-and-dried as that.

So you could claim duress if you shot them when more than one jumped you. But what about when it was down to the last one coming at you? Could you shoot them still, since its now one on one and no weapons are visible? Just fuel for thought.

Glad you are all right..
I've had a few incidences (Usually young people) mess with me on the bike.. Nothing overly aggressive but it has happened. I did have an older gentleman ask me if I wanted to pull over after we had some choice words after he almost cut into my wife in the middle of a pack of motorcycles.. (I didn't have my permit at the time)

NOTE.... DO NOT THROW SPARK PLUGS... They are great at breaking windshields, but they are also hazardous to tires... IF you choose to throw something, make sure it is something that is not going to mess up someone elses day due to the jerk behind you... I have personally witnessed a spark plug through a 15 passenger van tire.. IF it will go threw that, a car tire should be easy and who knows with a M/C tire??

As to the question quoted above - Are you asking if you can shoot the last of 4 people coming out of the car (Assuming you have shot the 1st three)?.. I think this is highly unlikely.. for the most part.. You drop the 1st guy, everyone else is going to scatter.. not always, but on the average.. If you have taken out 2 or 3.. the last man is going to have plenty of time to consider the worth of his life and get a view of his former friends...

It just always amazes me when I see people screwing with bikers..
I mean regular people.. teens, grandpa's, etc....
Do they have a deep desire to get their Asses kicked, or worse??
Were they high school bullies and they miss the good ol' days??
It just amazes me.. As my wife would say.. The Moronic Masses..

Never had a run-in with a cage (4 wheeler) while I was on a bike - but always a first time! Yes, I always have a "friend" with me when I ride; would feel naked without it. Riders in Arizona usually don't have that problem; being an open-carry state, lots sport holstered guns right under their MC jacket - cars give them a wide berth. Discretion is a good thing - dueling with a car with you on two wheels can be hazardous to your health.

My oldest brother years ago, back in the 70's,was coming back from the range on his bike when a guy in a Cadillac tried to run him off the road. He put a couple shots through his radiator and the last he saw of the guy he was pulling off the side of the road.

Glad that worked out for you, but I would caution others not to try it with an empty vest, just to bluff your way free. If they should call that bluff you might be in trouble.

I think you're warning others, in which case I agree 100%. But I was not bluffing. My hand was on a Sig P238.

EKTAR: it is cut and dry.... don't you see the difference between ms-13, laraza, hell's angels, mongols, and the patriot guard riders? lol Im pretty sure the patriot guard riders do not attempt to hurt others or attack this country (like laraza with the whole give us back texas stance). i don't know about anyone else but i don't consider the patriot guard riders a gang.

I experienced that kind of thing on a regular basis years ago when I lived in So. Cal.when motorcycles (and riders) were very unpopular. I used to ride with my hunting knife strapped on for all to see, and I'm sure the sight of it deterred many a confrontation. I know the feeling, just glad it worked out the way it did for you. Since living in Arizona (bilker heaven) I've never had even a rude gesture when riding, maybe it's because there are so many more of us here. My wife says that I look too mean with all of my tats and that's why no-one bugs me. The Laughlin River Run starts here in 3 days so we're looking forward to a week of great fun & riding. Street Thunder, the sound of 50,000 + motorcycles, music to my ears. :biggrin:

Do I look too mean? :cray: Either way, I'm living proof that the Lord does change lives! :victory:

Link Removed

Do I look too mean? :cray: Either way, I'm living proof that the Lord does change lives! :victory:

Link Removed

You will probably get less crap than most bikers..
Glad to have you on "our" side..

The Lord does have his ways of getting our attention!!!

I think you're warning others, in which case I agree 100%. But I was not bluffing. My hand was on a Sig P238.

I was speaking to others. I had it right from the start that your move was legitimate.

EKTAR: it is cut and dry.... don't you see the difference between ms-13, laraza, hell's angels, mongols, and the patriot guard riders? lol Im pretty sure the patriot guard riders do not attempt to hurt others or attack this country (like laraza with the whole give us back texas stance). i don't know about anyone else but i don't consider the patriot guard riders a gang.

My point was that such a call - "Gang members are signing their own death warrants" (or words to that effect) - is a slippery slope. YOU may not consider a certain group to be a 'Gang', but it might serve someone else's purposes to do so. The idea was 'Who gets to make that call?' You might not be so happy to find yourself included in someone's definition of "Gang", for example.

Do I look too mean? Either way, I'm living proof that the Lord does change lives!

My Lovely Bride and I had the opportunity last year to attend a Hells Angels party in NYC with a MC group we're friends with. I commented to her that I never felt so safe as in that company!

I ride and carry as well. I am glad that you are ok. It is unfortunate that these people arent considered domestic terrorists and fair game with no bag limit.

I also think that being a gang member should be a signed death warrant. I guess there is a reason I am not president.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

Well there should at least be a season on them. LOL!!

I was out on the Road King this afternoon when a carload of punks pulled up next to me at a stoplight, crowding into my lane. I gave them a quick glance and then ignored them. Once the light changed, the driiver continued to crowd me and then drifted in front of me. I laid on the horn but backed off. I got a couple of middle fingers for the horn.

At the next light, I pulled up behind them but stopped about two car lengths back. Suddenly, a big guy got out of the front passenger side, and a smaller guy got out from the rear drivers side. They started walking towards me. I gave the smaller guy a quick glance and then locked eyes with the big guy. I reached into my vest and put my hand on my gun. The big guy recognized the signifigance of my hand in the vest. His eyes got big and he and he yelled at the other guy to get back in the car, now!!!.

When the light turned green, the driver took off like a bat out of hell. I didn't get a plate number but I was just happy to see them go.

Glad you were not hurt. My mom rides and to be honest, I don't know what I'd do if some punk ran her off or over. She doesn't carry, unfortunately.

Gotta disagree with you.....

Well, those guys were ALREADY on their way back to hassle HardCorps53, so I do not understand what he had to lose by SEEMING to have a weapon. Last summer I was accosted by two punks with knives in the park. I was not carrying at the time, but simply reaching for my pistol (lots of draw practice = muscle memory) saved me some heartache, not to mention injury or death. Just SEEING me reach for a non-existent firearm was enough to send the scamps running, and they had already made some big promises about what they intended to do to me (nothing good).

My point is, when there is nothing left to lose, then you do whatever you can to end the threat, be it bluff, run, or scratch and bite. You already know the old saw about there being no such thing as a fair fight.:no:

having traveled over 300,000 miles on my bikes ovr the years. I Have had a few instances with cages not respecting my space (I did not see you) or otherwise. Have kept loose change in my jacket pocket which does the trick just as well as ball bearings but will not impede other vehicles. (last resort) I always have my little friend G27 in my jacket/vest or on my belt if the need ever arises that it is called for.

In my state, unless they have a weapon, are significantly younger, you are disabled or physically outclassed, no.

If someone tries to ever run those of you who ride (I'm one of them) off the road, run over you, or even actively threaten to do so, pull your firearm and point it at them. If you shoot or not will depend on your individual circumstance.

You are on a bike, they are in a car. That kind of behavior is lethal force folks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back