Close call on the scoot

Good for you sir .I bet they won't do that for a while (I also have ccw here) Wish society was not so crimnally inclined . But that will never be till Jesus comes again !

How true! Why can't people be nice . Don't they have anything else to do ? I have been thinking of the bulling thing a lot . They were bad in highschool . I heard the Marines straightened a couple of them before Viet Nam . That showed them what tough was ! I heard one of them droped before Nam . I'm sure he does not know I know that 38 years later . I still know his name . I fought him in highschool . I did not hide. He got all he asked for NEVER SUBMINT!!! God Bless!

My point is, when there is nothing left to lose, then you do whatever you can to end the threat, be it bluff, run, or scratch and bite. You already know the old saw about there being no such thing as a fair fight.

Boomer, looking back in retrospect - as they say - I do believe you're right. Thanks for reminding me.

A bicycle touring friend of mine told me of an incident in Georgia (IIRC) on a nice country road where a woman hit him as she passed (Failure to yield right of way), scratching her passenger door with his pedal. She did not stop to see if he was injured (Leaving the scene of an accident with injuries). After my friend brushed himself off and made sure that nothing was seriously damaged, he continued his ride.
About 2 miles later, he saw the woman trying to wave him into the parking lot where she was examining her damages and talking on her cell phone. She told him she had called the police and wanted him to stick around. She had called the police because He damaged HER car.

Anyone want to guess how this turned out? :sarcastic:

A bicycle touring friend of mine told me of an incident in Georgia (IIRC) on a nice country road where a woman hit him as she passed (Failure to yield right of way), scratching her passenger door with his pedal. She did not stop to see if he was injured (Leaving the scene of an accident with injuries). After my friend brushed himself off and made sure that nothing was seriously damaged, he continued his ride.
About 2 miles later, he saw the woman trying to wave him into the parking lot where she was examining her damages and talking on her cell phone. She told him she had called the police and wanted him to stick around. She had called the police because He damaged HER car.

Anyone want to guess how this turned out? :sarcastic:

LOL... I'm going to guess that she was charged with "leaving the scene of an accident with injuries" and was cuffed, Mirandized and put in the back of the squad car:biggrin: And her precious car impounded:sarcastic:

"You are on a bike, they are in a car. That kind of behavior is lethal force folks."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

A very interesting take on the subject. I agree with you totally, and would go even farther. Even if it is aggression against another vehicle, I think it's use of deadly force. If a car gets side-swiped, and it runs into the ditch and turns over,maybe throwing out the driver or passenger, where they could be run over by someone else and killed, THAT ACT isn't reckless driving. It's pre-meditated attempted murder!

Cops need to stop playing pansy with bad or aggressive driving. It's dangerous and people get injured and killed because folks aren't paying attention while driving, ad sometimes their actions cause loss of life. The courts need to back up the officers also.

LOL... I'm going to guess that she was charged with "leaving the scene of an accident with injuries" and was cuffed, Mirandized and put in the back of the squad car:biggrin: And her precious car impounded:sarcastic:

She also had that little civil suit for the bike repair, new paint and replace all parts with new 'road rash".

Remember to have the kick-stand down and the bike in neutral ! I've had the same thing happen (someone gets out of the car ).NOT a smart thing for them... I wasn't licensed then... but still a dumb thing to do

Do I look too mean? :cray: Either way, I'm living proof that the Lord does change lives! :victory:

Link Removed

I don't think you look mean...but I sure am glad that you're on my "Friends List" and vice versa. :biggrin: Bet your wife feels very safe by your side. :pleasantry:

That sure is a beautiful bike!!!

I don't think you look mean...but I sure am glad that your on my "Friends List" and vice versa. :biggrin: Bet your wife feels very safe by your side. :pleasantry:

That sure is a beautiful bike!!!

Thanks Mom. Actually, considering that my wife says that she can beat the snot out of me, I feel safe by her side. :biggrin:
Funny story..Many moons ago when we married, my now step son must have thought my look was mean, because after we were married a few months he confronted his mother to check on her well being. My wife assured her son that if I were abusive, that I would also have to be very stupid, because I bought her a gun. He never asked again. The bike is one of my greatest pleasures in life.When I ride, all stress and problems of the world disappear, there's only the wind in my face, the sweet rumble of my pipes, and the open road ahead of me. I have yet to see a Harley parked in front of a psychiatrists office. Only the dog who hangs his head out of the car window knows why a biker likes the wind in his face. My wife also rides, her favorite saying is.."you don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding". God is good, life is good, amen.

What does she ride??

She rides an 800 Intruder. She once heard the saying, "there are two kinds of riders, the ones that have fallen, and the ones that are yet to fall". She said she wasn't going to be either of them. :biggrin:

Link Removed

I think you're warning others, in which case I agree 100%. But I was not bluffing. My hand was on a Sig P238.
I am glad it worked out for you like this! This is just another situation that the gun grabbers will not hear about and since that is the case it will not go to show that a responsible individual can protect himself without "shooting up the neighborhood"! Of course you could have called the police and waited there for help:fie:. Wonder how long that would have taken? Maybe they would get there in time to hear your last words.
On a serious note>>>This is open all for your comments please.
I think in your situation that you would want this to be over and forgotten. I think most of us would like that to be so. I don't mean forgotten without lessons learned, just glad it was over. What I am getting at is this.
With all the ambiguity of CC laws do you think you should have taken an extra step to protect yourself from possible problems stemming from this confrontation?
I do and I would like comments on this. I think that maybe you should have called 911 and reported the incident even though you did not get the plate #. The scenario I am picturing is that the "innocent" gentlemen that got out of their car to see if you were ok and to apologize to you might have been scared by your actions and called the police saying that you threatened them with your gun. That is all they have to say>>>> "Some maniac on a motorcycle threatened us!" The police find you with a gun and now you have to answer their questions and hope it ends there.
I don't think it's too far fetched.
I now open up to comments from my friends here to get other insight to this.
Thanks and again glad it went this well!

She rides an 800 Intruder. She once heard the saying, "there are two kinds of riders, the ones that have fallen, and the ones that are yet to fall". She said she wasn't going to be either of them. :biggrin:

Link Removed

Cool ride for the lady, and she probably makes a great "tailgunner"

I just want to see the picture of you and her on the bike with you riding "bitch" :laugh:

I am glad it worked out for you like this! This is just another situation that the gun grabbers will not hear about and since that is the case it will not go to show that a responsible individual can protect himself without "shooting up the neighborhood"! Of course you could have called the police and waited there for help:fie:. Wonder how long that would have taken? Maybe they would get there in time to hear your last words.
On a serious note>>>This is open all for your comments please.
I think in your situation that you would want this to be over and forgotten. I think most of us would like that to be so. I don't mean forgotten without lessons learned, just glad it was over. What I am getting at is this.
With all the ambiguity of CC laws do you think you should have taken an extra step to protect yourself from possible problems stemming from this confrontation?
I do and I would like comments on this. I think that maybe you should have called 911 and reported the incident even though you did not get the plate #. The scenario I am picturing is that the "innocent" gentlemen that got out of their car to see if you were ok and to apologize to you might have been scared by your actions and called the police saying that you threatened them with your gun. That is all they have to say>>>> "Some maniac on a motorcycle threatened us!" The police find you with a gun and now you have to answer their questions and hope it ends there.
I don't think it's too far fetched.
I now open up to comments from my friends here to get other insight to this.
Thanks and again glad it went this well!

I see what you are saying, Cap, but I think that HardCorp was still one step short of police notification. Had he been forced to draw, then a call to 911 would have been mandatory, IMHO. However, just reaching under a garment is not brandishing, so I don't think that threshold was reached.

Just my .02!

I didn't note a brandished weapon in the OP, so no call to the police.

Link Removed

I used to have a 1400 Intruder. Mine only had two wheels though. I got it when I turned 40 to celebrate my mid life crisis.:biggrin:

I used to have a 1400 Intruder. Mine only had two wheels though. I got it when I turned 40 to celebrate my mid life crisis.:biggrin:

I had a 1400 intruder also, a truly great cruiser. Shaft drive, fast and smoooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back