Close call on the scoot

I didn't note a brandished weapon in the OP, so no call to the police.
I understand but you guys missed my point. I know he didn't brandish.
Hope I can explain, Even if he was bluffing there is a possibility that the guys that got out of the car might call the police and give a description just to make his life difficult. Since he was not bluffing and though he did not draw his weapon they can say he did. When he got pulled over he would have to explain he didn't even draw and hope the LEO believes him. Just thinking if he made the call first that might give him more credibility then the BG's.
Hope I expalined it ok. Just the extra step as precaution.

The bike is one of my greatest pleasures in life.When I ride, all stress and problems of the world disappear, there's only the wind in my face, the sweet rumble of my pipes, and the open road ahead of me. I have yet to see a Harley parked in front of a psychiatrists office. Only the dog who hangs his head out of the car window knows why a biker likes the wind in his face. My wife also rides, her favorite saying is.."you don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding". God is good, life is good, amen.

I have a true story that I think you may enjoy reading, Ringo. About 16 years ago, on the day we buried my mother, my cousin took me for a ride on his bike. It was my first time on a motorcycle, and unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to repeat the experience. I know EXACTLY what you mean when you talk about the wind in your face...I don't think I ever felt that carefree before...or since. It was truly exhilarating. :pleasantry: I have such a wonderful memory from such a heartwrenching day, and I'm very grateful to my cousin for that gift. After all these years, if I close my eyes in a quiet room and think about that bike ride, I swear I can feel the wind in my face all over again. Guess that's my "happy place". :biggrin:

After all these years, if I close my eyes in a quiet room and think about that bike ride, I swear I can feel the wind in my face all over again. Guess that's my "happy place". :biggrin:
The plus about sitting in a room and remembering is that you don't get any bugs in your teeth!

Here is a visual aid...

206bio5.jpg

The plus about sitting in a room and remembering is that you don't get any bugs in your teeth!

Here is a visual aid...

206bio5.jpg

:biggrin: Thanks for the visual aid. :pleasantry: Actually, Cousin took me for my bike ride out in the countryside (Pennsylvania mountains) with open fields as far as the eye could see. Beautiful memory!

:biggrin: Thanks for the visual aid. :pleasantry: Actually, Cousin took me for my bike ride out in the countryside (Pennsylvania mountains) with open fields as far as the eye could see. Beautiful memory!

Ahhh, Some of God's country in the western part of the state.. Never rode there, but would have liked to!!!
I went to Coudersport, PA a couple of times. Did you know that Elliot Ness (of the untouchables fame) was the town sheriff there and died there??? Just some more trivia that I know that doesn't pay me a dime..

I understand but you guys missed my point. I know he didn't brandish.
Hope I can explain, Even if he was bluffing there is a possibility that the guys that got out of the car might call the police and give a description just to make his life difficult. Since he was not bluffing and though he did not draw his weapon they can say he did. When he got pulled over he would have to explain he didn't even draw and hope the LEO believes him. Just thinking if he made the call first that might give him more credibility then the BG's.
Hope I expalined it ok. Just the extra step as precaution.

CapGun, I appreciate the feedback, you raise a good point. I'll take that into consideration - if there's a next time. However, these guys didn't look like the sort to voluntarily draw the attention of local law enforcement. Since their actions took place beside me and ahead of me, I don't think they got MY plate. Calling the cops about some guy with a beard and a doo-rag on a black Harley doesn't exactly single me out :biggrin:. As fast as they took off, I think they were more concerned about ME calling the cops.

Just to clarify, I did not brandish. I was in a middle lane with cars to either side. I was purposely as discreet as possible, given the circumstances, so as not to draw attention from other drivers. Thinking back on it, I think I handled it fairly well, but wish it had never happened to begin with.

That's why it's good to have a gun and not need it, rather than need a gun and not have it. Good move. As for others advocating throwing objects at offending drivers, that's called road rage and only lowers you to their level. Stay above the fray. Nothing wrong with getting off the next exit, banging a U'ey or pulling off the road to let things pass. That's what I practice and it has kept me out of trouble.

CapGun, I appreciate the feedback, you raise a good point. I'll take that into consideration - if there's a next time. However, these guys didn't look like the sort to voluntarily draw the attention of local law enforcement. Since their actions took place beside me and ahead of me, I don't think they got MY plate. Calling the cops about some guy with a beard and a doo-rag on a black Harley doesn't exactly single me out :biggrin:. As fast as they took off, I think they were more concerned about ME calling the cops.

Just to clarify, I did not brandish. I was in a middle lane with cars to either side. I was purposely as discreet as possible, given the circumstances, so as not to draw attention from other drivers. Thinking back on it, I think I handled it fairly well, but wish it had never happened to begin with.
Just so you know I do think you handled it very well. Proof is how it all ended. Happy riding!

I went to Coudersport, PA a couple of times. Did you know that Elliot Ness (of the untouchables fame) was the town sheriff there and died there??? Just some more trivia that I know that doesn't pay me a dime..

AS LEE CORSO would say: "Not so fast, my friend!"

That little bit of info could come in real handy if you're ever selected to play on Jeopardy, and that question is the Final Jeopardy question. So I wouldn't be so quick to write off that valuable knowledge you hold there. <G>

"As for others advocating throwing objects at offending drivers, that's called road rage and only lowers you to their level."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

It's also not the best move you can make either. Let's see, bike weighs 800 pounds, car weighs 2500 pounds. Bike loses in a bumping contest. If the driver gets aggravated at the biker in FRONT of him when the objects hit the car, he could be provoked even further than he already is, and be motivated to "tap" the rear of the bike's fender. Nothing good happens after that act.

"As for others advocating throwing objects at offending drivers, that's called road rage and only lowers you to their level."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

It's also not the best move you can make either. Let's see, bike weighs 800 pounds, car weighs 2500 pounds. Bike loses in a bumping contest. If the driver gets aggravated at the biker in FRONT of him when the objects hit the car, he could be provoked even further than he already is, and be motivated to "tap" the rear of the bike's fender. Nothing good happens after that act.

It's obvious that you've never been riding on a highway, on a motorcycle at any high rate of speed, with some moron cager on your tail. It's also obvious that you've never seen what a handful of ball-bearings thrown over your shoulder can do to a car windshield at a high rate of speed. I can guarantee that the moron won't be anywhere around to try and tap my fender. And, I don't consider the action" lowering" myself to any level, like any situation where my life is threatened, I call it self defense. :pleasantry:

It's obvious that you've never been riding on a highway, on a motorcycle at any high rate of speed, with some moron cager on your tail. It's also obvious that you've never seen what a handful of ball-bearings thrown over your shoulder can do to a car windshield at a high rate of speed. I can guarantee that the moron won't be anywhere around to try and tap my fender. And, I don't consider the action" lowering" myself to any level, like any situation where my life is threatened, I call it self defense. :pleasantry:

Ay-yup. It would be a mistake to assume that just because I'm on a scoot that I'm defenseless. Far from it.

Ringo, I ride a motorcycle most every day. It's my main form of transportation. I know all about tailgaiters. I also know that most cars can run faster than our motorcycles, so even a few seconds of them being distracted can be made up in speed, and they're right back on the bumper.

The act of throwing something into a windshield can get an innocent driver or child killed also, if the driver of the car that got hit with the steel balls loses control and hits another car. Why do you feel you have to take action yourself? Just get the license number call the cops. You always have the option of pulling off the road to let the jerk go by.

I know it's not right that we have to do that because of a jerk, but we have to be extra careful when we are carrying. If that person called the cops on you for throwing those steel balls at him, you'd be in deep trouble. You are carrying a weapon, throwing objects at a car in traffic, and trying to cause an accident. Not to mention a charge of escalating a situation. Besides, in S.C., I could have shot you for attacking my vehicle while I'm in it! The Castle Doctrine extends to me car when I'm in it.

Officer- "what is the trouble here?"
Ringo- "that SOB was riding my ass, and trying to kill me with his car, I think he is an illegal ailien."
Officer- "any idea of why he was acting like that?"
Ringo-"i dunno, but I ain't going to take crap from anyone, especially them" "i have a right to ride"
Officer- "the other driver says you threw something at his car, I see several cracks in his windshield"
Ringo-"I have the right to defend myself against someone in a cage trying to kill me"
Officer-"why didn't you just exit, or get out of the way? you can maneuver that bike very well?"
Ringo- " I have the right to ride"
Officer-"Did you throw ball bearings over your shoulder?"
Ringo- "Damm right I did"
Officer "turn around and put your hands on your head"
The sound of handcuff ratchets is heard.
I used to own a bike, and totally understand about morons in cars trucks.
I figured out quite quick everything on the road is out to kill me. I need to put my neck on a swivel and watch out. I may have the right to be there, but the fact is, nobody cares.
If I chose a confrontation, odds are I will lose.
I resigned myself, to just enjoying the ride, the wind in my face, and all the other great things. The other people, and the road hazards were just part of the ride, and were not going to ruin my day.
Ringo, the fact is, throwing objects from a moving vehicle is not only unlawful, it is rather childish.
The world is not going to change, just because you want it to.
Enjoy the ride.

Ringo, I ride a motorcycle most every day. It's my main form of transportation. I know all about tailgaiters. I also know that most cars can run faster than our motorcycles, so even a few seconds of them being distracted can be made up in speed, and they're right back on the bumper.

The act of throwing something into a windshield can get an innocent driver or child killed also, if the driver of the car that got hit with the steel balls loses control and hits another car. Why do you feel you have to take action yourself? Just get the license number call the cops. You always have the option of pulling off the road to let the jerk go by.

I know it's not right that we have to do that because of a jerk, but we have to be extra careful when we are carrying. If that person called the cops on you for throwing those steel balls at him, you'd be in deep trouble. You are carrying a weapon, throwing objects at a car in traffic, and trying to cause an accident. Not to mention a charge of escalating a situation. Besides, in S.C., I could have shot you for attacking my vehicle while I'm in it! The Castle Doctrine extends to me car when I'm in it.

I presented a fact about ball-bearings hitting a car windshield at a high rate of speed, I didn't say that I did it or that it happened to me personally. There is also a big difference between tailgating by some moron on a city street than some moron driving on an open hi-way trying to run a motorcycle off the road. In the hi-way scenario the attacker is the moron cager, not the biker. And where I live , the Castle Doctrine extends to me the right to shoot the moron attacking me while on my motorcycle. And if the moron driving the car, trying to run the motorcycle off the road, has a child in the car, it is the moron driving the car who is responsible for the consequences should that child be killed. In my scenario the moron doesn't want to get by, if he did then he could just pass, you know? And if that motorcycle you're riding everyday can't outrun most cars on the road, I strongly suggest that you get a real one, they're a lot faster & safer under the circumstances. :pleasantry:

Ringo, the fact is, throwing objects from a moving vehicle is not only unlawful, it is rather childish.
The world is not going to change, just because you want it to.

Your much like the third grader who lacks the I.Q. to comprehend the study, and therefor you interject your insufficiency into every discussion with your childish mocking and insulting character presenting yourself the classroom jester. No one knows better than you what is childish. I'll give you credit for having an imagination and a delusion of self importance, I'm just thankful that you lack a brain to add to it, because then you'd be dangerous too. :jester:

Your much like the third grader who lacks the I.Q. to comprehend the study, and therefor you interject your insufficiency into every discussion with your childish mocking and insulting character presenting yourself the classroom jester. No one knows better than you what is childish. I'll give you credit for having an imagination and a delusion of self importance, I'm just thankful that you lack a brain to add to it, because then you'd be dangerous too. :jester:
gacy.jpg

Ringo, it is only the internet.
signed Pogo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back