Do you think your Information should be Public record?

Absolutly not :angry:! Just what I need, have people know who I am; that I Carry; Dangerous (?); Maybe also have weapons in My house....... You don't see My face plastered everywhere on the internet for everyone to see. Now they have a face to go with that info.! :no:FONT]

public Record

I had a fight with a newspaper editor here in Oregon over such a subject. He won in court for the records and it is now under apeal. This is what I told the editor. I paid for my permit and I paid for my classes and I paid for my firearm. What part of that is public. If the state gave any of this to me I could see how public information would apply. But nothing about my CHL was paid for by the public. The editor of that news paper didn't agree. So I guess his paper was realy ment to wrap fish in. Not read
The OFF is fighting to get this changed and I know of one county that sent out letters to CHL holders asking if they care one way or the other. Me I don't care who knows I carry, I do care that it should be my choice who knows.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that I agree with the publishing of private information, but on the flip side, if a criminal is searching for homes to burgle, when he sees that you are packing, he may decide to skip your house.

I'm not saying that I agree with the publishing of private information, but on the flip side, if a criminal is searching for homes to burgle, when he sees that you are packing, he may decide to skip your house.

Or he may come in expecting to find a gun to sell or use.

Absolutely no flippin' way do I want my info published. If it ever comes down to that, I'll find my own Ruby Ridge...

SC passed a law in April 2008 that hides the identity of all CWP holders. The only exception is LE and Court Orders. That's the way it should be everywhere. Link Removed

The shoe might be on the other foot if we asked for a public database of women who had gotten abortions.

SC passed a law in April 2008 that hides the identity of all CWP holders. The only exception is LE and Court Orders. That's the way it should be everywhere. Link Removed

I'd prefer "LE with a court order". :wink: Glad to see that they're protecting the rights of CWP holders. :smile:

gf

Or he may just decide to level the playing field and bring his buddies and more firepower. If they really want your house bad, they will come. The element of surprise is our ally, not the weapon itself. Yes having the weapon helps us out a great deal, but it is the BG's lack of knowledge that we indeed have a firearm that gives us the upper hand. If they are expecting us to lie down like sheep and give them what they want, and we resist with a firearm, the odds are in our favor. If they come in expecting us to be armed, I don't feel the odds are as good. This is just my opinion.

Canis-Lupus
Thanks for the update. I went back and put it in with the USA carry and it came up. I guess it is all in knowing how to word it. Every day is a school day for me when it comes to computers.

some lady on that video said something like.. people who have privileges given to them by the government should have their info posted for the public.... last I checked the 2A was a right and not a privilege.

some lady on that video said something like.. people who have privileges given to them by the government should have their info posted for the public.... last I checked the 2A was a right and not a privilege.

+1. Some people are ignorant of the facts.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back