Votes: 1 0.8%
  • STI 9MM

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Taurus Model 85

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Taurus PT 1911 AR

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
For Open Carry I like my S&W .357 with a six inch barrel. Not sure if it's the open carry or the size of the S&W but I get many comments, looks and stares when I have it on.
Kids are quick to point it out to those that initially miss seeing it.

Glock 17 gen 4 , Viridian X5L laser light combo. 2 lb. Trigger job.

Sent from my LG-E970 using USA Carry mobile app

I conceal carry a glock my loving husband just bought me a very nice lockable conceal carry purse from the glock store and usually as a backup I ankle carry a walther 22

Always on guard is good. I would save one of my kids in an instant.

Always on guard is a good thing.
I love my Taurus Model 85. It's small, lightweight, not terribly noticeable on my hip, and it was a gift from my wife (I've always wanted a snub nosed .38 special, so she surprised me with it as a late birthday present). It lets me open carry on my walks and hikes with my kids, without them getting distracted by "Daddy's bang bang". It's done a good job of scaring off our potential threats too. We live in a, relatively, crime free area in North Idaho, so our usual problems are the occasional stray dog. I've only had to fire one round into the ground to scare off a charging, pissed off looking, stray, but it worked just right. Funnily enough, I thought I was going to have to do it again last week. The dog got ten feet from my 8 year old and I (our 2 year old was napping at home with mom) before dropping down in the middle of the street, rolling over, and whining for us to pet him. Not going to lie, I puckered up and had my hand on my gun pretty quick. I was pretty alert for the rest of that walk.

I open carry my Remington 1911 R1 or Ruger SR1911 around the farm, but I haven't open carried in public for about 20-30 years. I'd just as soon people not know I'm carrying in public, and even if I'm not carrying in public I still have one of my 1911s close by and sometimes more than that. Back in the good old days we all (farmers) always had a couple of long guns in the gun rack in the rear window of our pickups; and didn't worry about locking up when we weren't in them. You could drive down the street by the high school and see all of the country kids pickups parked out front and every one had a rifle in the gun rack; in the fall they carried their shotgun, too. And, again, no one worried about locking up.

I have a stainless FNX-45 , I love most everything about it except the trigger.

GUN CARRYING AMERICAN PATRIOT!!!!

Primarily my .380 Walther PPK/S and reserving my Walther P99QA (M&P) .40 cal for my bug out bag along with a take down Browning .22 LR rifle.

I OC a Rock Island Armory 1911-A1 when I do carry. but if I'm going to shoot in a match that I run I will OC my Walther Colt 1911 .22lr Rail. And that is because I also shoot it in the match if I'm going to compete in it as well as run the match. but I'm still trying to find a holster that I like and can use with some physical issues that I have with arm movement and that is comfy for me. I'm a Lefty and I also need to be able to reach my wallet in left back pocket and things in my left front pocket as well. I have a full size holster that I have and I have the right place to wear it. I also have one that is new and it is just a little wider than the belts that I wear. And this one I've not yet found a good place to have it so that I can reach my pockets and also take the firearm out and put it back in the holster without having any problems. I just have to work to find the right spot. But I do like the second one better than the full size one. It is more compact and it also doesn't get hung up as much on my car seat when I get in and out of the car as much as the full size one does. I just have to work on finding the right place to have it when I wear it.

I voted Glock 23 but on weekends its a 1911, ether my full size Springfield, Colt commander, or Kimber ultra cdp all in 45 acp depending on the mood

I sure like my Kahr PM9 for carry. Here in Tennessee, we have "carry permits", not concealed carry permits. But, I just keep my Kahr in my front pocket, and know it's there if needed. And I HOPE that it's never needed!

My stainless Kimber 4 inch Raptor in 45 acp.Hubby OC his 5 inch Kimber Raptor. 45 acp. Gets a lot of positive comments.

Tapatalk

My 1911 in 10mm. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. Generates a lot of conversation too whether good or bad.

I would love to have a finely crafted engraved 1911, but you can't beat a Ruger P95 for 15rds of less than $300 reliability and accuracy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back