Votes: 1 0.8%
  • STI 9MM

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Taurus Model 85

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Taurus PT 1911 AR

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Mine is either my hk usp 40 compact or my officers model 1911. Either in a fobus paddle. If I need to go lighter I have an airweight smith 442 with a ctg that I wear in a serpa holster.

OC, only when hiking and other remote outdoor activities, Ruger SR9c 17+1 plus 2 extra 17 mags in Blackhawk carbon fiber. Both two and four footed critters where I hike in the wilderness. Almost always concealed in civilian environs with LCP which makes more sense for my situation.

OC, only when hiking and other remote outdoor activities, Ruger SR9c 17+1 plus 2 extra 17 mags in Blackhawk carbon fiber. Both two and four footed critters where I hike in the wilderness. Almost always concealed in civilian environs with LCP which makes more sense for my situation.

Haha I know what you're talking about. I broke down in Death Valley once and got picked up by this wierd family that lived in a gold mine that they were getting paid by the goverment not to mine. They reminded me of The Hills Have Eyes. For a while, I didn't know if they were going to rape me or start eating me first. Turns out I was being a judgmental prick and it was neither.

My favorite open carry firearm is my EAA Witness 45. It's the best shooting 45 I have ever shot. I like my Kahr CW45 for conceal carry it's a shooter too, it just kicks more given the weight difference.

Haha I know what you're talking about. I broke down in Death Valley once and got picked up by this wierd family that lived in a gold mine that they were getting paid by the goverment not to mine. They reminded me of The Hills Have Eyes. For a while, I didn't know if they were going to rape me or start eating me first. Turns out I was being a judgmental prick and it was neither.

Gotcha. Your last sentence set me straight. For a minute I thought you were going to enjoy the rape me/eat me scenario. ;-)

We live and hike near the Mexican border and US wilderness areas. The area is beautiful, remote and crisscrossed by the lanes for illegals and drug mules going north. One never knows what they will meet. Great four legged and creepy crawly wildlife to enjoy at arms length too. My wife and I never go out without our weapons and they are always handy even at home. I am hoping for a similar outcome as you had. I figure my weapon is like a seat belt or parachute. Great to have, make sure it's ready and in good service, but hope I never need it.

Be safe.

Ruger P90 45acp is my sidearm of choice, open carry or concealed.

I prefer my Ruger P90 as my carry, open or concealed. Granted not easy to conceal, but it can be done.
Another thread that a few of you have asked for to get everyone's opinion on their favorite open carry gun. Let's see some posts and then we can start a poll.

AMong the choices listed, I checked the Kimber. but my actual favorite open carry gun is my 4" stainless Ruger GP100 in .357 Mag. Other guns are lighter and carry more rounds, but (a) it seems a little less ominous to folks that might point, stare and tremble at the sight of a gun, and (b) I just love this gun.

...Otherwise, when I carry unconcealed and want a change of pace, I put aweay the GP100 and pack my 5" Kimber CDP II.

Glock carry suggestions

I am looking for a great conceal holster for my gen 4 glock 19 love my glock . Will be getting more, would like a 45 cal. Wondering if you can suggest the best brand of conceal holster?

I don't open carry anymore, but when I did open carry (while on duty), my favorite pistol at the time was my Gen2 Glock 19.... Light, compact, accurate, dependable, weather resistent, eats anything you feed it & it holds plenty of rounds.

My 'ideal' sidearm at that time would have been the Glock 23 (.40), but I did not have the extra fund$ to spend on another firearm at that time. I still have that Gen2 Glock....It's sitting right here in my desk as we speak, ready to rock & roll if needed.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back