• Taurus Model 85

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Taurus PT 1911 AR

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Another thread that a few of you have asked for to get everyone's opinion on their favorite open carry gun. Let's see some posts and then we can start a poll.

Favorite is: Colt Combat Commander 1911. Stainless with black slide. .45 of course. In a Serpa Blackhawk CQC retention holster.

Another thread that a few of you have asked for to get everyone's opinion on their favorite open carry gun. Let's see some posts and then we can start a poll.

I don't open carry anymore, but when I did open carry (while on duty), my favorite pistol at the time was my Gen2 Glock 19.... Light, compact, accurate, dependable, weather resistent, eats anything you feed it & it holds plenty of rounds.

My 'ideal' sidearm at that time would have been the Glock 23 (.40), but I did not have the extra fund$ to spend on another firearm at that time. I still have that Gen2 Glock....It's sitting right here in my desk as we speak, ready to rock & roll if needed.

My olde Smith and Wesson Model 10 .38 special service revolver...in my olde OWB duty holster too. My LEO time was long before Glocks were invented. The olde service revolver is still my favorite for how it feels, how it shoots, even how it looks. Sometimes, when hiking and using it as a snake gun with snake loads I'll carry it in an old Bianchi shoulder holster.

004.jpg

I carry a Springfield XD 45 loaded with Winchester Ranger T +P, 230 gr. 13 in the mag plus one in the pipe.

I carry the Springfield XDM.40 most of the time because of the high cap mag. Sometimes I take the Range Officer 1911 .45acp though.

My olde Smith and Wesson Model 10 .38 special service revolver...in my olde OWB duty holster too. My LEO time was long before Glocks were invented. The olde service revolver is still my favorite for how it feels, how it shoots, even how it looks. Sometimes, when hiking and using it as a snake gun with snake loads I'll carry it in an old Bianchi shoulder holster.

Are there any Police Departments that still carry a revolver on duty?

Kimber Ultra Carry - Cocked and locked. Responce from folks " Um-a- hay man your gun is loaded " or "Nice carry, what do ya feed 'er".

I love my Taurus Model 85. It's small, lightweight, not terribly noticeable on my hip, and it was a gift from my wife (I've always wanted a snub nosed .38 special, so she surprised me with it as a late birthday present). It lets me open carry on my walks and hikes with my kids, without them getting distracted by "Daddy's bang bang". It's done a good job of scaring off our potential threats too. We live in a, relatively, crime free area in North Idaho, so our usual problems are the occasional stray dog. I've only had to fire one round into the ground to scare off a charging, pissed off looking, stray, but it worked just right. Funnily enough, I thought I was going to have to do it again last week. The dog got ten feet from my 8 year old and I (our 2 year old was napping at home with mom) before dropping down in the middle of the street, rolling over, and whining for us to pet him. Not going to lie, I puckered up and had my hand on my gun pretty quick. I was pretty alert for the rest of that walk.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back