What Was Your Rank?

Heads-Up and Welcome to our new Member!

It is my pleasure to welcome gorknoids into Veterans and Guns!
With a Navy history I am sure he'll find some ship-mates on this group
and teach us other Vets some of those acronyms and what you call a
your rank structure is one of the great mysteries of triservice training
I could never get right. You call it a head we called it a latrine,
And why do you always yell your orders out 3 times repeating the same order with an 'Aye'? :flood:
Must have deep significance to this ex-Army ground-pounder who is still amazed that the Dept of the Navy really doesn't need any one else, if U want ground troops U have Marines, for your special ops you have SEAL's who are just best alone & bonding takes on new dimensions. U have your own air-force and of course ships, subs and another complete arm called the Coast Guard, I'd call that covering all your bases. It's a wonder we even had any work to do!
Vets & Guns welcomes you!

Canis-Lupus

Link Removed

This is better than the draft!

I am getting hate mail from local recruiters station about getting more members signing-up with this social group than they are getting to join-up with the Active Duty components of the DOD!
Today we welcome Link Removed
I don't have much on this new patron so I hope he posts a bit about his 'fun times' in service. Fun Travel and Adventure we yelled: "FTA" which had a darker meaning to the 'lifers' when I was a young-dumb rebel goof-off private, then I had to chew butt on those very same F.T.A. slackers when I pinned-on NCO stripes! Oh, how we much changed so fast!
"Travel to interesting new countries, meet new and exciting folks, then kill them!" :ph34r: Borrowed from the many Vietnam-era soldiers who trained me. Heros all.

Canis-Lupus

It is my pleasure to welcome gorknoids into Veterans and Guns!
With a Navy history I am sure he'll find some ship-mates on this group
and teach us other Vets some of those acronyms and what you call a
your rank structure is one of the great mysteries of triservice training
I could never get right. You call it a head we called it a latrine,
And why do you always yell your orders out 3 times repeating the same order with an 'Aye'? :flood:
Must have deep significance to this ex-Army ground-pounder who is still amazed that the Dept of the Navy really doesn't need any one else, if U want ground troops U have Marines, for your special ops you have SEAL's who are just best alone & bonding takes on new dimensions. U have your own air-force and of course ships, subs and another complete arm called the Coast Guard, I'd call that covering all your bases. It's a wonder we even had any work to do!
Vets & Guns welcomes you!

Canis-Lupus

Link Removed

The Navy needs Marines and SEALs to locate and report targets so that the almighty wrath of Santa Barbara can accurately be brought down upon their evil heads! If it wasn't for Aviation Ordnance, they wouldn't be needed. :crazy_pilot:

You DO realize that I'm joking, right? We repeat things 3 times because a lot of Soldiers come to their senses after their first enlistments and join the Navy. "GI coffee, GI beans, Gee I wish I'd, joined the Navy".

Glad to be here and look forward to getting to know everyone. ( Not in the biblical sense, of course.)

I think you will fit in very well gorknoids. I sung that frigging cadance every morning running, marching in formation or humming it freezing my butt off in fox-holes in Bravo-Foxtrot nowhere near civilization, wondering about such deep concepts, or if Jody really did get my Caddy-lack? Do you know that when RIM-PAC sailed into PH they flew hookers in from all over the Pacific basin to make more $'s in one week than a female cop makes in a year, U swabbies tore up every bar in Honolulu and I spent endless shifts in Tripler AMC sewing your ship-mates up, only so they could go roaring back into town and cause more damage than a Phantom could do with a full load of snake 'n nape. Aloha!
And the worst offenders were your commisioned officer pilot jockies! Officers maybe, gentlemen..questionable! :crazy_pilot:

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
Hey, my brother was a Chancre Mechanic at PH during the 70's. I really liked him until he attended my CPO initiation. Wearing khakis, fouled anchors, etc.....
As for diming out any aviators I may or may not have witnessed exhibiting conduct unbecoming an orifice and a genital, I know nothing, I saw nothing, and you can't prove a thing. But I'm officially retired on Halloween next year, so I may have some flashbacks!

Last edited:
Wichita, Kansas & Tucson, Arizona Pops-Smoke.

Veterans and Guns welcomes bacagator and Nick603 as our newest members this Columbus Day 2008.
bacagator hails from Wichita, Kansas aka 'Tornado Alley' he's a Navy Desert Storm Veteran, packing a Kimber Tactical Pro, a nice bit of kit. I don't have much Vet background on Nick603 yet so I hope he posts soon with a quick "Hi, ex-?, served-?," He owns a Glock 23 and has some cool pictures listed here: Link Removed
Glad to have you both on-board and I hope this social group can help you out in all the legal ways we can with Vets who own guns, and much more.

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
We welcome yet another member!

Veterans and Guns welcomes wolfhunter (with my handle I do this with extreme caution!)
Ex-Marine, 1979-1986 Semper Fidelis! We have a 'squad' of USMC Vets as members already, so you will have some 'once a Marine always a Marine' company here.
Hailing from Ft. Walton Beach, FL and packing a ParaOrdnance Warthog .45 With a pretty impressive arsenal in reserve per personal profile!
We welcome you on-board, stow your kit and get to know our members.. at your speed,

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
E-5 62E20 Corps of Engineers, Heavy Equipment operator. 6 month stint as a Legal Clerk too, back here at Ft Hood when Major Moore, Lt Fessler and myself disbanded 32nd Engineer Group that was at Ft Hood. Got that done and was attached to HHC of 63rd Engineer Bn at Ft Hood for my last few months of my 3 year RA membership. Enjoyed the hell out of most of my time in the service. Never touched a gun after AIT at Ft Leonard Wood, MO in late 1966. 9 Aug 66 Portland, OR Basic at Ft Lewis, WA AIT at Ft Leonard Wood, MO Camp Essayons, TH Jan 67-May 68 30 day Leave Jul 68 Ft Hood, TX until ETS Aug 69 Back to Oregon!

Thanks for the welcome, C-L!
I was a Cpl/E-4, and had the pleasure of serving in several career fields during my tour of service, including Marine Security Guard in Alaska, Rifleman and Admin Clerk with the Headquarters Co. 2d MarDiv, a Marksmanship Coach at Parris Island, NBC Warfare (Defense) NCO, and a TAD (TDY for the AF guys) stint as an MP in the Phillipines.
Stations included Parris Island, Camp Pendleton, Adak AK, Camp Lejeune, Parris Island, and MCAS Beaufort with a 6 month WestPac deployment.

Last edited:
Hey Oregon Vet,
My 1st stint in, 12 Bush! Ft. 'Lost in da Woods' OSUT 16 weeks of freezing hell, 'Misery, froze my assets off! Then sent to FRG, 78th Combat Engineer Bn. Rhineland Kasern, Ettlingen, Baden Wurtenburg, Black Forest, lovely area, barracks was an old ex-Nazi NCO Academy with an underground motor pool full of H2O & rusting Panzers, trucks, ammo and arty, booby-trapped by retreating Nazis in 1945, a few of our guys went down there & found out EOD on Waffen kit was a BLAST! RIP. :sad: New concept VOLAR in early1977, Army was full of some rough ex-hoods who had enlisted versus going to jail option, the NCO corps we had were mostly 'Nam fried-out/shame big time PTSD-untreated and most walked around speaking fluent Vietnamese to each other all day! We we 'cruits, lowest form of life and most prior drafted US not RA treated us that way, very poor role models so we all copped attitudes or some went AWOL, or ate an M16 round to end it. Crime and dope was common-place and most lower enlisted packed something for their own safety on or off post. We called you guys (our 'E-Co') 'heavy-junkers' as you drove the dozers, back-hoes & cranes we were not trained to handle. Made Spec-4 hating living down-range at Graff, Hoenfells and Vilsec 250+ days a year, Germans were great but got an FTA spin after 3 years I ETS-ed, out 6 months came back in as a SP-4 91B10 (medic) did an about-face with my attitude, made E-5 in 6 months and then did 17-years all over the place and retired.

Canis-Lupus

Yep, old Ft. 'Lost in da Woods'. Little Korea too. Thanks for the welcome, C-L.

Incoming from Nevada to Vets and Guns!

Vets and Guns welcomes IheartTedNugent,
Although still active duty USAF like all of us here one day he'll be a Vet, so he can get his retirement packet high & tight by following the lead of those who once served and now give their thoughts and wisdom to each other here on this growing (almost daily!) social group on USA Carry.
Looking forward to hearing about you and welcome to the group. :victory:

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
Concerned Vet joins the group.

Aloha Friday! Today we welcome Concerned Vet,
hailing from NE Ohio & primary CCW is (another!!!) GLOCK,+ a S&W59.
Never was part of my retirement briefing that I had to buy a Glock,
I'd guess 50% of our members own/carry one, but it is a sweet weapon. Retired and an NRA member.
Welcome to Vets and Guns. :dirol:

Canis-Lupus

Only served four years in Navy two trips to Tonkin Gulf and primary recovery vessels for Apollo 8 & 11.
Interior Communications 2 Class E5
Retirement and dissability not related to service

Hi everyone, and thanks, from this vet to all of you. I served 4.5 years in the Army Reserves in Bell, CA. I was on the "back lines" while most of you were on the "front lines" tho I challenge everyone to tell me exactly where those lines are located and why women cannot serve in combat there! *grin* I trained as a 98G, MI, and summer-camped in Camp Pendleton, Camp Roberts, Massachusetts, and Germany. I was discharged as an E5 in 1981.

Veterans and Guns welcomes psykosuciety
A "conservative and an Operation Enduring Freedom veteran with 7 years in the Army National Guard".
From Indiana with a liking for music, and guns, with a primary CCW Smith & Wesson Model 637 38-special,
he is an NRA member and working loading forklifts, that was a pre-Army job I did in a warehouse in London, England, driving and unloading trucks with a Limey 1/2 ton loader @ 16... I got pretty good/fast for a late teen.
We welcome you into the fastest growing social group on USA Carry, please settle in and post whenever the mood grabs you. :yes2:
Regards,

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
The part I don't like.

I just denied the requests for 4 members of USA Carry to join this social group, after repeated private e-mails to them all to list something (ANYTHING!!!) about being a Vet or Active Duty into their personal profiles or statistics. All 4 remained blank about ever having been in the military, they may well have been Vets/A-D and if that is the case they are IMHO asking me and you to take that on faith and maybe listed a gun they owned or a hobby but nothing about any military affiliation past or present. NO!
I have asked them all for the last time to enter that information (just as everyone of you did without being asked when you applied) and I am being ignored or blown off. If I start letting anyone in who won't list being a Vet or Active Duty then I have basically opened up the entire social group to all 5K+ members of USA Carry. In the poll I posted not one of you who voted thought that was a good idea. So if 4 patrons start posting in the forums thier issues with that, maybe they can read one of the many posts I have made to this social group about this very problem, see our poll, read your posts about how you feel or read the charter that spells out who we are and what rates being a member. I do not like turning anyone away but I have no choice when you pull up their personal profiles and rightfully ask me why I let in anyone who can not spell out Veteran and hopefully something a little more than just one word, but without that word in their open to all public profiles I will not let those USA Carry members in. If they change their profiles, reapply, then I will gladly admit them and post a welcome as I have done for every member who has joined to date. Sorry but this is the unsavory part of trying to keep this social group on track, Vets, Active Duty with a gun or post to the 99%+ of USA Carry where being a Vet or Active-Duty DOD is not a requirement for entry. I welcome any feedback on this 1st time intransigent move I have made since setting this social group up 6 months ago. I hope I do not have to do this again, but I think I may have others who will test this tenant ahead in my tenure leading/moderating/accepting or rejecting potential new members into this social group: Veterans and Guns.

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
C-L, you did the right thing. If later on they are willing to briefly describe their service, then of course they can join. It is called "VETERANS and guns" after all. Thank you for your prudence, diligence, and most of all thank you for your service.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back