What Was Your Rank?

I spent my whole career trying to stay AWAY from Ft 'We_Got_Ya'. Never liked the place. When I applied for retirement, they sent me there to teach what I had learned. I taught at the DIA Strat Debriefing Course.

Once I retired, I got a job at at a DoD contractor named, ILEX cutting code for the ASAS system. Took me nearly two years to sell the house and move back to Tampa.

After Campbell (3 years), Bragg (9 years) and MacDill (3 years) I guess anything is a letdown. Course in those days I was TDY or deployed most of the time, so who knows.

One highlight from Huachuca was hanging out with the Israeli's who were teaching the (then new) precursor to the Predator UAV's. They were a fun bunch and could party big-time.

Last edited:
The Israeli students were one hell of a pro-trained cadre; Oxford English and fluent in many other languages, I do suspect 1/3 were prolly Mossad going thru interregator school prolly laughing at our techniques that didn't end in terminating the asset once he/she was broken, taking pictures of every face on post, but they were some tough hombres! The Saudis were lame and unprofessional in general and arrogant SOB's "I yam Crown Prince Abdul Hassan Ali Mohammed ....Royal Saudi Army!" BFD! Me and a nurse once set a broken femur on an Israeli Major who refused any morphine just smiled through the 45-min way ugly super painful procedure. ER RWBAC, 1995. :no:

C-L

Last edited:
Active Duty USAF Inbound from Japan.

Veterans and Guns welcomes yamaguy01!
Stationed in Yokota AFB, Japan, and (I'm) wondering if allowed any non-issued gun rights there? On my way to Korea (1984) in a C5 we landed where you work, had to deplane while it refueled, 150 of us sat on the runway in a snow-storm for 3 hours with a BF mountain (Fuji?) behind us wishing we were back home in (warm) Schofield Barracks, HI not heading for 40 days of 'Team Spirit' in the ROK. Brrrr! He is a USAF Aircraft Mechanic who enjoys mountain biking, road biking, Jeeps, hunting, fishing, travel and shooting when off duty, no news yet on weapons owned or carried, but unless the military has changed more than I would ever think they would, private gun ownership on or off a U.S. military installation in a non U.S. nation, even an allied one is or was pretty controlled.
I hope you enjoy your time with us and welcome to Veterans and Guns!
Thanks for serving our nation in time of war.

Canis-Lupus

Thanks for the warm welcome. As far as gun rights in Japan goes, I have none. I left everything back in the states with a very trusted family member. If I had brought any guns here they would have been locked away in the base armory for the duration of my stay here. I was not about to let that happen, I have friends who are military police and I hear the stories of what goes on behind armory doors to private owners guns. As far as what I own, as you can see there is an XD in my avatar. I'd rather not disclose all of what I own on the internet, with the direction of our far left government these days they might come snooping around when the time comes to give up our 2nd amendment rights. I hope that day never comes but if it does, all I own is an XD .40. I'd rather go out shooting/hunting with you guys and we talk about each others collection in that manner.

Dave

Vets and Guns welcome our 1st FFL Vet!

1 December and we welcome gun runner.
USAF Retired and calling Oregon Hills home.
Enjoying retirement with some shooting, hunting, and of course...more shooting.
So it does not come as a huge surprise that gun runner is Vets and Guns FIRST Firearms Dealer! :wink:
Primary carry gun is a Kimber Ultra Carry.
All Firearms: "To many to list" 'K! Figures. Pass on that 4-sure.
Affiliations include the NRA the OFF (?) and the NAHC.
I guess those last 2 maybe R gun related, and I hope I can wiki them out.
Greeting to a Veteran I would lay cash on did not vote for our new pres-elect! Pull up a seat, we need a resident weapons expert, the job is yours for the asking. Unless there is another member out there who deals with more shooters than a pro gun-runner does. I am not touching that! :no:
Greetings!

Canis-Lupus

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome
OFF is for Oregon Firearms Federation. They fight for all firearms rights for Oregonians. In Oregon that is a big thing. NAHC is for North American Hunting Club They help protect our rights to hunt. I am a member of the OVMA and before you ask that is Oregon Veterans Motorcycle association. What better thing to do then ride with a bunch of vets that all like guns.
I am a big fan of the 45 and the AR. I get to shoot about anything I want but the 45 and the AR's are great fun. My Kimber ultra carry has night sites and laser grips. I cary it in a D.M. Bullard holster 24/7. Bullard is a one man shop and he makes great holsters at a good price. You can check out his stuff at Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.
If you are all like me you have a big box of holsters trying to find that perfect one.

Welcome aboard "Gun Runner"

I also have a box of holsters,trying to find the right one.
Then I found Kramer Handgun leather. I feel they are the best.

Question for you gun runner.
Vets and Guns has as of today 74 members, 2 more waiting to join when they get their Personal Profiles together indicating some military something in their past! A few prior posts have been about weapons questions like trigger pull on pistols and evolvement of the M-16, I have shot a lot of lead thru a lot of weapons but I am nowhere near FFL level, just an end user for 20 yrs (Army) & 11 as a Vet (1 Moss/500A SG & 3 pistols).
Guess what I am asking is would you mind becoming Vets and Guns resident advisor if a weapons question gets posted or sent your way in private e-mail by one of our patrons in Vets and Guns? Your value to this social group would become enormous if you accept, and not expected if you decline. 1st time I have ever asked for much of anything but interesting posts from our patrons. So I do feel somewhat out of line asking as you just joined, but a weapons expert is a rare bird my friend.
Heavy I know but think on it before you reply. If any other members of Vets and Guns have input on this nomination please post it into this thread.
Thanks all and thanks gun runner, saved me wiki-ing all those acronyms!
Riding with [armed] Vets does sound like a BLAST! :laugh:

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
Firearms Questions

I would be glad to help out with any questions. I don't know every thing about firearms are even close to it. I am like the rest of us here I love guns. To get an FFL it is only cash and being able to pass a back ground check.
It just happend that I bought a gun shop and had the owner stay for a year and teach me some gunsmithing. Other then that I am no different, but glad to help.

Today we welcome 3 new members!

Veterans and Guns welcomes drarmament from Victorville, California.
US Army (retired) and enjoying shooting & discussing weapons.
Occupation is a TACOM Armament LAR, gotta be Army with some ABC's I may need to look up :no: Who says we get into acronyms here?
Firearms are a Glock 32C and a Lebel Cav rifle 8MM (exotic piece!).
His affiliations include the NRA and he lists a MySpace URL of 'drarmament'. Also inbound is Templar, a US Army Veteran served from 1988-1993. Calling Rising Sun, Maryland home. You will find some fellow U.S. Army patrons here! And to complete a trio of new members I present lmiller0311. A former U.S. Marine from Ohio who is into hunting, fishing, shooting and sports. Occupation lists Sales - Self Employed, cool. Primary carry gun is a Kimber 45. All Firearms: "Several". OK. Affiliations include the NRA, Duck's Unlimited (Fowl play? :no: JK!)
We welcome you all to Vets and Guns fellow Veterans

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
Thank you gun runner, hopefully our patrons will
not take up too much of your time, seems that
almost every week a new social group evolves with
a solid clientelle of expert/owners in their weapons of choice,
and those groups have some real savvy owners/users in them.
Thanks from all In Vets and Guns. :smile:

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, I'm happy to be a member of the Vets forum! Thank You for the kind intro Canis-Lupus!

US Army
Sergeant E-5
Observation Aircraft Repairer
88 - 93

Proud to say I did my part in Operation Desert Shield/Storm.

To all of the Vietman Vets in this forum......."Welcome Home"

Today I introduce you to gun lover. :triniti:
Former U.S. Army, 76 - 83 with a maintenance background.
He is a "Lifetime hunter/fisherman. Outdoor lover".
Calls Maine home with a primary carry weapon a NAA 22mag
All Firearms: a Remington 870, a Remington 742
a CVA Optima Pro and just in case we all get Obaminized he packs a Crossbow too!
I have the same in a pistol X-bow w/scope, good for <20ft tops!
Will work fine on a close-in BG! He is an NRA member.
We came in the same year, we both wore OD-Greens & our drills were mostly 'Nam Vets.
Very different Army back then. What part of the Cold War 'fun' did you end up in? :help:
We have a gun-runner patron so please make sure the names don't get too mix-match, thanks.
Please welcome gun lover.

Canis-Lupus

Hi C/L,
I forgot about the little pistol X-bow, got one of those too! I got out as an E-5 on the E-6 countdown. Almost made the next grade, but had a better offer on the outside. got out and started a repair business and ran it for about 10 years, then the co-owner died and I decided to move on. Never looked back!
Jared

Vets and Guns accepts our 79th member! Tophog.

It is my pleasure to present Tophog. A U.S. Navy Veteran.
Like me after Army retirement an ex Kalifornia native who lived in:
"Hollywood, the land of fruits, nuts and flakes". Yup been there thought that too! :crazy_pilot:
Tophog was a USN gunner, '76-'80, now calling Pahrump, NV home.
His interests include ATF - alcohol, tobacco and firearms! "Whose bringing the snacks?"
[is that as in consuming & shooting them, or part of a liaison type deal with their agents?]
Occupation is a sign painter, custom paint & graphics on vehicles,
I wish you lived where I do, got a honey SUV I want some paint-work on.
His primary carry weapon is an AMT .380 Backup
All Firearms: Beretta 92, (nice) an AMT Hardballer a Ruger Blackhawk .41 mag,
a Ruger Blackhawk .357, a Ruger Single Six .22, and a Ruger Charger .22!
Do you own $hares in Ruger M8? :drag:
We all welcome you to this growing and informative social group.
Get comfortable and post when you feel like it.
Regards,

Canis-Lupus

Veterans and Guns welcomes drarmament from Victorville, California.
US Army (retired) and enjoying shooting & discussing weapons.
Occupation is a TACOM Armament LAR, gotta be Army with some ABC's I may need to look up :no: Who says we get into acronyms here?
Firearms are a Glock 32C and a Lebel Cav rifle 8MM (exotic piece!).
His affiliations include the NRA and he lists a MySpace URL of 'drarmament'. Also inbound is Templar, a US Army Veteran served from 1988-1993. Calling Rising Sun, Maryland home. You will find some fellow U.S. Army patrons here! And to complete a trio of new members I present lmiller0311. A former U.S. Marine from Ohio who is into hunting, fishing, shooting and sports. Occupation lists Sales - Self Employed, cool. Primary carry gun is a Kimber 45. All Firearms: "Several". OK. Affiliations include the NRA, Duck's Unlimited (Fowl play? :no: JK!)
We welcome you all to Vets and Guns fellow Veterans

Canis-Lupus

Welcome to the group from the peanut state (GA)

Welcoming our 80th Member!

Veterans and Guns is proud to present jcg0506.
He is a U.S.A.F Veteran from 1972-1976 who spent time at Pentagon,
and WEST-Germany, the wall was still up and the best Red
was a dead one when U 'n me were there! Or so I was told.
Running communications Cold War CEOI's and VinCen's, AN-PRC-77's,
TA-312's, two-niner-two's maybe? Nah, that's Army como kit.
Hailing from West Virginia. Almost heaven? (JK)
jcg0506 is into target shooting 'n nascar!
Occupation is a mechanic. Figures with a liking for nascar.
Carry gun is a CHARTER ARMS. (model?)
All Firearms include a Colt AR-15, SKS, Mosin-Nagant,
Winchester 30-30, Winchester 32 "and other handguns".
A member of both the NRA and American Legion. Me too.
Please welcome jcg0506 to our growing social group.
Regards,

Canis-Lupus

Growing by the day and by the Veteran!

Today it is my pleasure to introduce you to ricbak,
who is BTW a Bronze Site supporter for USA Carry.
He comes to us with a Vietnam history in the Corp,
11/67 thru 4/70 USMC E-4 RVN, 8/68 thru 4/70
1st FSR/FLC Da Nang! 67-70, 13 mos tours for the Corps
and that means you did multiple tours!
You got to be a Marine mano! Kudos for your service!
Semper Fidelis to this new member who calls the
Northwest Territories Oakland County MI home.
He enjoys hockey, scuba and 'Go Blue', (will wiki that 1!).
He is a Machine Tool Controls Engineer and packs a
primary carry Berretta 92FS, (flash-back-ing me!).
Listing some real neat other firearms to include
a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 7.5" w/ 2x Leupold
98%, and an original 1832, 58 caliber Musket (Flintlock)
He belongs to the NRA and the MCRGO (err, Marine Corps acronym 4 sure)
We welcome you to Veterans and Guns, you will find
that there are enough fellow Marine Vets already members
here that you probably have a platoon sized unit already waiting
to welcome you on-board!
Also joining today is Madpegtod, who lists Navy Vet and ARNG
as a military past USN, maybe a present AR/NG contract?
I guess that may clear with his 1st post. Being a Vet is enough.
He is from Georgia with a primary carry weapon Springfield XD45
and he is a member of GeorgiaCarry.org.
En-joy your stay guys and post when you can!

Canis-Lupus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back