What Was Your Rank?

welcome ricbak from the peanut state.:jester:

Today Vets and Guns welcomes our 83rd Member!

Wagonbow who is ex-USCG 1976-1982; a retired boat captain!
He is now working in copper mines, operating dozers, haul trucks, etc.
Now that's a varied career path with a few stories to tell! :yes4:
Hailing from NW Arizona his interests include:
4-wheeling, fly fishing, shooting his weapons, relaxing up on the
mountain where he lives (White Mtns? I gold panned up that way)
Wagonbow's primary carry gun is a Ruger P94.
All Firearms include a Ruger PC4, a Beretta 85 Cheetah,
a Marlin 30-30 and he is affiliated with the NRA.
You fit the profile very well, we welcome you to Veterans and Guns.
Regards,

Canis-Lupus

Usmc

Hello All.
I got out of active duty 4/70 after 21 months with 1st FSR/FLC Da Nang. Early in '70 the Corps was releasing some MOS's early on their Enlistments. I chased "Prisoners" from Da Nang to MCAS El Toro. Less than week later I was Honorably Discharged as E-4 after 31 months of 36 month enlistment.

Semper Fi

Thank the vets!

Two new Members to Present to Vets and Guns.

EliminatorXR7 from Powder Springs, GA,
with a liking for cigars and cars. OK.
Current calling is a coater/finisher, cars?
Only firearm listed is a Springfield Armory 1911A1.
A veteran of the USN 1992-2000 AMS2. (?)
Not much to go with but a Vet with a gun is all it takes.
MI .45 lists U.S Coast Guard 1970 - 74; service in S.E. Asia.
Calling West Michigan home with an "original wife and three children", cool!
He's into fly fishing, cooking, travel, reading, handguns and politics & Constitutional issues.
Perfect, I hope the 2nd is your forte :yes4:
A food importer (hmm any Brit food there?) and packs a S & W 1911PD.
More in line and will admit as soon as I see some info on their 'About me'.
It is indeed a Christmas rush to join and we welcome our two newest members. :victory:
My Regards to you both fellow Veterans,

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
FT-2 (E-5) USCG. I'm told that Fire Control Technician (FT) is an obsolete rating in the Coast Guard.
MI .45

Thanks for the clarify MI .45 on the fire-fighting role.
When I served the basic fall back for any soldier when the SHTF was 11Bush, Combat Infantryman or even woman, plenty of female soldiers in combat have gone for an M16 or M9, same for the USMC when on the ground MOS 0311, prolly reverted to fire-fighting on any vessel, and the same held true for naval personnel when the fires started everyone was a fire-fighter. I am not sure how the USAF played out their basic survival SHTF roles, way multi tasked jobs, but even as a medic we couldn't get to a casualty until the fire was controlled in a structure or vehicle and we often 'played' fire-fighter before we could access things many of us never forgot, very worse end-game is a flame-out.
Thanks for the lives you may have saved and the kit you salvaged from the beast.

Canis-Lupus

Canis... a naval service "Fire Control Technician" operates and maintains the electronic aiming devices for the ships large guns. I was a glorified Gunners Mate/Electronics Technician. As you said, "everyone's a firefighter" when the boats burning but that wasn't my primary duty.
Wished to clear this up as I don't want accolades where none are deserved.

Inbound U.S. Army Medic, YES!

We welcome Cerebus!
Posting 2 locals, CO & VA, got a gut he may be active duty,
we shall see when/if he pops-smoke with a post.
Lists his interests as off-roading, shooting, ems, music, backpacking, skiing, bedtime, :confused: few highs beat a 911 haul-ass code 3 to a mess U know U can fix as a U. S. Army Medic. Get some!
With a handle from the classic Greek battle of Hercules vs. a 2-headed dog who guarded the gates to the underworld of Hades and was slain as one of many tasks this Greek 11Bush/Ranger tabbed hero was famed to do.
Primary carry gun is a browning high power (fill in blanks?).
That's all I have on our latest member, please make him welcome.
My Regards,

Canis-Lupus

Our 87th member arrives.

Today we welcome drmickelsen to Veterans and Guns!
He is a United States Navy Veteran: 1973 - 1979 NSG CT(M)
(and here I thought only us Army Vets had acronyms 4 everything, WRONG!) :victory:
Florida does seem to be his home and I am starting to think that
all Vets must end up in Florida and own Glocks! Will wiki that!
More power to Florida, as I post this welcome it's 1F here in Spokane,
and that will be the norm for the run-up to Christmas! Lucky Florida!
Listing Harley's (also a common theme here), photography,
cigars and (of course) guns as past-times.
He currently is a Project Manager AND a College Professor (Wow! Major-kudos),
it would be interestng to know what you teach @ your speed.
Primary carry gun is a Taurus PT145 Pro.
Also backing-up this well armed Vet he owns/uses a Bersa Thunder .380,
a S&W 459 9MM, a Springfield Armory PX9151L 1911, a DPMS AR-15,
and a Winchester 1300 Defender, nice collection of good weapons.
Affiliations include the VFW, the NRA, USCCA, AMVETS, LOOM (?).
Please extend the hand of welcome to a Vet who seems to be
tracking very well in many areas of his life after serving his nation.
We welcome drmickelsen.
Regards,

Canis-Lupus

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, I like what I see on this site already.... As for the open questions: I was VERY rank after my six years in the Navy! LOOM = Loyal Order of Moose an excellent organization that gives back to society every day. I teach for the University of Arkansas in their MS in Operations Management Program at the USAF Special Operations Base - Hurlburt Field. I find this extremely rewarding, as the motivation and dedication of our young special operations folks is stronger than ever. The days that I teach at the base are the days I don't mind leaving my guns locked up, it is an honor to be with them. Thanks again!

A Kentucky U.S. Army & National Guard Veteran Joins Us.

Please welcome Kaymen.
He's a U.S. Army and Kentucky National Guard Veteran
who served from 5/86 to 5/94.
Calling Northeast Kentucky home.
Here's a job I get to listen to on my police scanner. :victory:
Kaymen is a dispatcher, with a primary carry gun a Kimber CDP Ultra
Listing enough firepower to equip SWAT team: :butcher:
Kimber CDP 5"
Sig P220
Colt 1991
Beretta 92FS Compact
Beretta Storm 9mm
HK USP 45
Walther PPK/s (got one too)
Walther P22
Glock 21
Springfield 1911 Micro
Springfield M-1A
Ruger SP101
ArmaLite AR15 Carbine
Mossberg 500 (a S/G we both share a liking/ownership for)
I didn't see any Squad Automatic Weapons or Mah-Deuces listed,
but we all should keep a little kit in reserve and kinda hush like.
Please welcome Kaymen to Veterans and Guns.
My Regards,

Canis-Lupus

Introductions & Salutations No Longer Posted.

I do regret that I will no longer be posting personal introductions, salutations (and/or my personal remarks/wise-cracks or commonalities) to any new members of what was once a moderated Veterans and Guns social group. This social group still exists and patrons posting into it show as posting into Military and Veterans, main menu, new posts, and also show as posts into Vets and Guns inside that s/g if that is where it was posted to, both are open to all and are non-moderated. I will no longer be screening potential new members, not required in any open posting set-up. Veterans and Guns is still a social group as explained in post #120 by Luke McCoy (above), if still confused follow his posted links NOT MINE.
I admit I will miss that pleasure of a personal intro, but all new members are now greeted in a central forum for new members on USA Carry, making the need to 'pop-smoke' on any new members of Military and Veterans a double post which is no longer required on V & G and therefore redundant.
It is now incumbent upon any new members to Military and Veterans to post their own information into the catch-all 'New Members' forum or into Military and Veterans or Veterans and Guns, if they so choose.
I will leave in place all of the previous personal introductions I made and those made by other patrons to Veterans and Guns as is, they do belong here in respect and honor to their current or prior military service to this nation.
This post apparently required feedback from Luke. Military and Veterans is a self-sustaining part of USA Carry now, I encourage any new members to post into Military and Veterans and look forward to tracking how that new spin on Vets and Guns develops.
Thank you,

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
I do regret that I will no longer be posting personal introductions, salutations (and/or my personal remarks/wise-cracks or commonalities) to any new members of what was once Veterans and Guns. This social group has been replaced by Military and Veterans, an open to all and non-moderated forum/social group, or something. I will no longer be screening potential new members to Military and Veterans, not required in an open posting & membership entity.
I admit I will miss that pleasure, but all new members are now greeted in a central forum on USA Carry, making the need to 'pop-smoke' on any new members of Military and Veterans a double post which is no longer required here and therefore redundant.
It is now incumbent upon any new members to Military and Veterans to post their own information into the catch-all 'New Member' forum or into Military and Veterans, if they so choose.
I will leave in place all of the previous personal introductions I made and those made by other patrons to Veterans and Guns as is, they do belong here in respect and honor to their current or prior military service to this nation.
This post does not require feedback, Military and Veterans is a self-sustaining part of USA Carry now, and not Veterans and Guns. I encourage any new members to post into Military and Veterans and look forward to tracking how that new spin on Vets and Guns develops.
Thank you,

Canis-Lupus

THE SOCIAL GROUP VETERANS AND GUNS WAS NOT REPLACED. IT STILL EXISTS.

Link Removed

I AM NOT GOING TO REPEAT MYSELF HERE IN ANOTHER THREAD. PLEASE REFER TO THESE THREADS FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Link Removed

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/military-veterans/5583-military-veterans.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back