serious ccw question

I'm wondering, if there is so much bad blood between you and that woman; why do you even bother to talk to her. People like that need to be ignored she was obviously looking to irritate you, and she succeeded.

Love the quip "are you pregnant" ;). You might use that next time, and say nothing else if she asks if you are carrying.

Not yet. I still want to say- tell her "no, and if I were carrying that,would be none of your business. Now go and get me another beer."

So this is a serious question and, therefore, deserves a very serious answer. I read a thread that sounds like it is written by an immature individual, with comments like "I ran into a girl who does not like me"--cmom now--this is head shaking to say the least. As said above and many times before, it is no one's business whether you have a CCWP or whether you are CC. Why does this "girl who does not like me" even know about your CC status? Very sad thread that I expect to hear in grade school.

The reason the girl knows about the cc is through a friend who also carries, yeah dumb move on his part, I was not expecting to run into her, I had only met her one time before. From that one time she hated me, who knows how that one works... Still confuses me. I agree the worker should not need to know, only reason he knew about it in the first place was the girls big mouth. I asked officers if I reacted in a bad manner or if I could've responded differently and they told me no, I was truthful and was law abiding and said to let it go, since it wasn't illegal I was fine. I will not be visiting that place again if they want to restrict my carry rights!

Conceal carry is conceal carry. No one needs to know. Except for law enforcement. (Depending on which state your in)

I'll go you one better, You state the girl doesn't like you... so ignore anything and everything she says. Don't interact with her. Don't converse with her. Especially don't answer a baited question. Conceal it and be quiet.

The property owner or anyone left in charge may have the right to ask. Perhaps there is a no-firearms policy and the employees are required to enforce it. The property owner generally has no requirement to post each and every policy in writing. In fact he can make them up as he goes along. In some states the policy could carry the weight of the law. WHen the property owner or his designee says "no carry" any person refusing to abide may be charged with criminal trespass. The rights of a property owner trump our second amendment rights.

So the other night I was at the billiards hall/ bar I am an Iowa resident where bar carry is legal. I was not drinking and was eating a burger I ordered from there... I ran into a girl I knew that does not like me who knows I carry, she asked if I was and responded yes. She told me I was not allowed to carry there as it was a public place, no signs are posted. She continued to argue with me while all I said was I am legal to do so... She then insulted my intelligence by contacting the police dept. My friend contacted the work attendant and stated I have a ccw and am working for a career in law enforcement, he approached me saying I had to tell him I was carrying.... My question is was the worker and girl out of line for their actions, since 1 she had to ask me if I had my gun, and 2 am I legally obligated to tell the worker that I am carrying? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

That, right there, is your problem

Ok the girl was out of line stating I don't know the laws, besides if she asked me, I normally don't have a problem letting them know such as friends and I thought that would prevent a scene, better to answer honestly and let it go, she pushed further by saying its a public place you can't carry here. If that was the case how can I carry at stores, that's my side on things. If someone asks me I will respect them by telling an honest answer, the none of your business claim can lead to more issues, but to contact the police department for me eating in the place and shooting pool with a buddy. I was provoked you could even say harassed or threatened by both parties.

Then don't be surprised when this happens to you again and again and again.

So the other night I was at the billiards hall/ bar I am an Iowa resident where bar carry is legal. I was not drinking and was eating a burger I ordered from there... I ran into a girl I knew that does not like me who knows I carry, she asked if I was and responded yes. She told me I was not allowed to carry there as it was a public place, no signs are posted. She continued to argue with me while all I said was I am legal to do so... She then insulted my intelligence by contacting the police dept. My friend contacted the work attendant and stated I have a ccw and am working for a career in law enforcement, he approached me saying I had to tell him I was carrying.... My question is was the worker and girl out of line for their actions, since 1 she had to ask me if I had my gun, and 2 am I legally obligated to tell the worker that I am carrying? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

To answer your question, yes they were both out of line. She did not insult your intelligence by calling the police, mainly she falsely tried to report a crime which could be illegal depending on what she told the police. I don't know the laws in IA but I assume that you do have to tell the police if they ask. Otherwise you do not have to tell anyone, bar worker or other.

You need to practice evasive answering as when she asked you if you were carrying you could easily have said, "Why do you want to know". You also could have said, "If I am carrying properly then no one should know if I am carrying or not so if I am I must be doing my job properly". Other than agreeing that the girl and worker were rude and out of line I don't know what you are asking. Since you say that the police handled it properly and sided with you I don't know what else you are wanting to know. You told the truth and she made a scene out of it.

That's what I was looking for, constructive feedback on their actions, evasive answering is a solution will remember that in the future, I don't want to come off as a **** that makes me and a lot of others look bad. Thanks again for the feedback

The next time you and your friends need something to do play the "game" where someone asks a question and you respond with a question. See how long you can go with this and how much information you can get out of someone with this method. It is used quite often by those in the legal profession and in politics to try and keep from giving any direct answers but to gain as much from the other side as possible. Just be careful as it can get quite annoying. However it will give you good practice for situations like the above one.

I'm sorry but the whole situation just boggles my mind. Someone that you stated is known enemy of your's starts questioning you about something you shouldn't be discussing w/ anyone and you don't stop to think she might not be asking out of idle curiosity or that she might not have your best interests in mind? Are you brain dead?

If I don't like you I don't talk to you period.

Concealed means just that. If she is not a law enforcement officer or the management of the establishment you tell her nothing. You ask to see a manager and complain that you are being harassed. squeaky wheel gets the oil. If she persists you get a stalking charge levied against her and press on...we need to be just as ruthless as the libtards when it comes to our rights. Make them question why they are hassling you and why is it costing so much in court costs.

Just about anybody that knows me also knows I carry, whenever I step out my door, so they would never ask, as far as the general public, if anybody ever had the balls to ask I would ask them let me see your police ID cause those are the only people with the authority to ask, the OP really caused his own problem, I'm not saying lie but to ask what do you need to know for, or it really is not any of your business, then if she pushed it, then tell her to call the law, and hopefully the police will tell her to go fly a kite

Armed_and_Safe:245832 said:
Yes she was but you brought it on yourself.

Are you armed?
None of your business, that's why its called "concealed carry".
Or No I am not.

Either one of those will keep you from these hassles. And no you never have to tell anyone other then law enforcement. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a liar, plain and simple.

And yet you advocate lying in this very same post. Hmmm....

And yet you advocate lying in this very same post. Hmmm....

WOW get a life, your third grade rational is sickening. Thou shalt not tell a lie even if it means putting your self in danger is retarded. Someone comes up to me and ask if im carrying, how do I know there intentions? If I say yes it could be that they might want a new gun. As soon as I say yes I could be looking down the barrel of there gun if i even get a chance to see it before the POP.

There is a big difference in the lies. One is for safety and protecting yourself against undo harassment and the other is a lie told to coerce a person into divulging information that they otherwise wouldn't receive and have no "right" to know.

If you had a key outside your house to gain entry in-case you lost your keys and someone asked if you had one would you tell them yes? If someone you know is a child molester and they ask if your 12 year old daughter is home alone without anyway to protect herself will you tell him yes? If so let me know how that works out for you, and tell me where to send the flowers for your daughter.

So please grow the ******* up you typical bad-ass forum ninja, nothing to contribute but a stupid hehe look at me I'm so clever crap. If you really need an explanation between a "good lie" and a "bad lie" I will have my 2 year old niece explain it to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back