serious ccw question

xdmowner615

So the other night I was at the billiards hall/ bar I am an Iowa resident where bar carry is legal. I was not drinking and was eating a burger I ordered from there... I ran into a girl I knew that does not like me who knows I carry, she asked if I was and responded yes. She told me I was not allowed to carry there as it was a public place, no signs are posted. She continued to argue with me while all I said was I am legal to do so... She then insulted my intelligence by contacting the police dept. My friend contacted the work attendant and stated I have a ccw and am working for a career in law enforcement, he approached me saying I had to tell him I was carrying.... My question is was the worker and girl out of line for their actions, since 1 she had to ask me if I had my gun, and 2 am I legally obligated to tell the worker that I am carrying? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

When the woman (that you already say did not like you) asked you whether you were carrying, the answer should have been either "none of your business" or complete silence. Learn from this and move on. ;)

Yes she was but you brought it on yourself.

Are you armed?
None of your business, that's why its called "concealed carry".
Or No I am not.

Either one of those will keep you from these hassles. And no you never have to tell anyone other then law enforcement. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a liar, plain and simple.

Ok the girl was out of line stating I don't know the laws, besides if she asked me, I normally don't have a problem letting them know such as friends and I thought that would prevent a scene, better to answer honestly and let it go, she pushed further by saying its a public place you can't carry here. If that was the case how can I carry at stores, that's my side on things. If someone asks me I will respect them by telling an honest answer, the none of your business claim can lead to more issues, but to contact the police department for me eating in the place and shooting pool with a buddy. I was provoked you could even say harassed or threatened by both parties.

OK you asked a serious question but you don't like the serious answer leads to me ask why did you even post?

2 people answered the same way in very short time. I'm sure others will post the same thing after this.If none of your business "can lead to more issues" then lie. Either way you told the truth and didn't have to, how did that work for you?

If your going to tell anyone that wants to know why not open carry with a ccw badge hanging from your neck?
Im not really advocating that but don't know what else to tell you.

Good luck finding whatever answer you are looking for.

You were not legally obligated to tell anyone. When someone asks you if you are carrying, just tell them that it is none of their business. The point of concealed carrying is keeping the fact hidden, both physically and verbally.

You should have asked her if she was expecting. ha ha
The whole point of CC is others not knowing whether you are or not. I don't know the laws in your state, but there is no need to tell anyone if you are carrying, unless it is the police and you are pulled over or discussing something with them.

Not trying to be a d*ck toward you, but keep your carry status to yourself. No need for anyone, friend or foe,to know. Especially those who are not versed or knowledgeable about it.

Ok haha well this was a serious part, and lying can still lead to issues yes I don't have to, this girl is a ***** personality at their finest so I thought being honest with her she would just let it go, and yes I was wrong but hell I'm human so anyone who suggest I should be a **** about it clearly should look at this scenario more deeply. I do know the laws yes it was concealed and no its not illegal so I didn't have any reason to lie. As for the worker that was involved he did approach the girl to talk with her, which I do thank him for that and there was an off duty officer at the bar as well though I did not see him

No when they contacted the PD they said why are you calling us he has a permit right? She said yes and they said ok, so why is there an issue? Police here are all for carry and believe its a good front so to have someone who need I remind you was to eat and play pool no issues there

No problem with the police, correct? This whole post is because you got your feelings hurt?

If you figure it out please let me know. Sounds like a troll to me.

Let me ask you a question

No that's not the right answer

Im done...

OP why dont you just type out what you want us to say so I can type it you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside and this lousy thread can die?

"That is really not your business" is the phrase you want to practice. What were you thinking. You knew the girl didn't like you and yet you gave her ammunition. Bad move.

Next time somebody asks you if you are carrying, politely explain to them how guns are evil and you would never, ever touch one because you do not like violence and the Brady bunch told you so.

Ok people, I guess from now on I'll lie to every living individual on this earth, this was a scenario I faced and wanted some sort of insight or back up, I'm not the type to lie let alone should I if it's legal, I don't care what she thinks of me but to react in that manner is uncalled for... 1 I'm soon to be law enforcement and work side by side with officers on a daily basis, I know my laws and to have an issue with someone who knows nothing of the topic, why bring it up, she contacted police because she was unfamiliar with the law. Do not call me a troll I am not, this post was just for some information, at no point in time was it about my response to her. Thank you for the answers I do appreciate them

My question is was the worker and girl out of line for their actions, since 1 she had to ask me if I had my gun, and 2 am I legally obligated to tell the worker that I am carrying? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

She was out of line, you were not legally obligated to tell anyone there that you were carrying.

Can't we all agree on that, hug and make up now?

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back