serious ccw question

Per Iowa SF2379 FAQ:

QUESTION: If I am stopped by a law enforcement officer in Iowa, am I required to declare that I am carrying a loaded firearm?
ANSWER: No, but it is really good idea. Iowa law does not require such a declaration; however, as a safety measure for both thepermit holder and the officer, making such a declaration voluntarily is recommended and encouraged.

You are not required to tell anyone.

Of course it's been debated to death but the safety measure is for no one to handle or discuss the gun unless it's going to come up for some other reason.

No but it's a really good idea,,, that's an understatement, if you don't inform them and your gun is in your car they happen to see a magazine or even a bullet that's visible that's a very good way to have a glock 22 aimed at you... I will always tell law enforcement wouldn't you want someone to inform you if you risked your life every day, I've got family at home I want to see them again.

Too many cops think that to make themselves safe they need to handle someone else's gun, unload it, and keep it safe. All that does is put everyone at risk. The cop may or may not be familiar with that gun. Watch "COPS" and see how often the cop has trouble unloading unfamiliar firearms. If it's concealed, you aren't required to disclose by law, and you're not going to be searched, everyone is safer if the gun doesn't come up.

xdmowner615:245830 said:
So the other night I was at the billiards hall/ bar I am an Iowa resident where bar carry is legal. I was not drinking and was eating a burger I ordered from there... I ran into a girl I knew that does not like me who knows I carry, she asked if I was and responded yes. She told me I was not allowed to carry there as it was a public place, no signs are posted. She continued to argue with me while all I said was I am legal to do so... She then insulted my intelligence by contacting the police dept. My friend contacted the work attendant and stated I have a ccw and am working for a career in law enforcement, he approached me saying I had to tell him I was carrying.... My question is was the worker and girl out of line for their actions, since 1 she had to ask me if I had my gun, and 2 am I legally obligated to tell the worker that I am carrying? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Wow...did you screw this up!

Thank you for seeing this situation in the same manner I did, and also if you look at the original post it stated it is legal to carry in places like this, I know my laws and any person over this forum that thinks otherwise is a fool...
OK Finally figured out what this post was about, You were looking for someone to say poor you and you are a genius and moral saint. Glad Rich could oblige you cause like I said she was wrong but YOU brought this on yourself. No one said you didn't know the laws or questioned if you were legal so maybe you are the fool for posting this asking for peoples opinion and calling them names when they don't coddle you.
This was clearly her actions and his actions related,
Whatever this means.
my response madly not be one people often give but I thought she would let it go if I was honest with her,
I mean why lie to someone who hates you already???
And how did that work out for you?
Oh yeah to make an enemy that makes a lot of sense...
She was already was an enemy, you said she hates you. Lucky for you she didn't call the cops and say you threatened her with a gun because you gave her the ammo to use against you.
Thank you again rich for looking at it as if you were in my situation with an on the spot perception
Like I said thank god he said what you wanted to hear and hope you feel all warm and fuzzy now.

Funny I thought this was a forum, not some hanging ground... As I said my answer may have not been what the world wanted to hear... whoops guess I should have stated that.. Oh wait I did... this was just the scenario between the 2 listed... So "Arm_and_safe" your post don't mean a thing to me, this was a post that I put up with an experience I had... Now I know my laws so the worker at the hall I know I do not have to tell him anything. For all of you who are on this to insult other members and take shots at them is just low. Try following your own advice by ignoring this post on the forum... I don't regret how the scenario went down.. Yeah lesson learned.. Ok so have a nice day!

If you seriously are asking this question then you should not have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. If you do not even know your state laws on this and your rights then shame on you.

I say avoid staying around hostile environments and stay away from the bar section of restaurants. Arguing with someone in a bar while carrying a firearm, can only lead to bad things. Find a better place to eat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back