Post your bike pics!!!

Thanks. Nah, don't have 'em anymore. We sold our business early 2000 so we could move up to the Huntsville area to get regular jobs with insurance. The bikes paid for the transition period, as the proceeds from the business sale went straight to savings.

I had my first back surgery in late '01 and the second, more extensive one about a year later. They pretty much worked, at least to the extent that I've never been crippled by my back like I was on a regular basis for 15 years prior to the surgeries, but it's never made it back to 100% and I'd be lyin' if I said I'm not a little paranoid about hitting a pothole just wrong and knockin' all that hardware in my back loose. You know, or whatever, lots of ways to screw up an already fragile back with a scooter. Hell, just polishing that yellow one could cripple me for a week or more back in the day.

I don't know.....my wife is still very healthy. Maybe we'll get a decent bagger with one of those huge wrap-around back-rests, and I'll ride b!tch behind her! LOL You'll never see any pictures of that though! HA!

Blues

Sorry to hear about the health woes. Yeah I would have to agree throwing a leg over a bike at this point may lead to further damage to the spine which could lead to paralysis and that is ungood.

My daughter will be 18 next year and doesn't seem to have any interest in riding. I have some cousins that ride and also rode with my dad. We're putting together a trip soon.

I have 2 nieces, one loves to ride the other could care less so I can understand your daughter's indifference to it. C'est la vie as they say.

Trips with a bunch of riders is a lot of fun. Enjoy and stay safe! Ever hear of HD's fly and ride program? I don't know if you would be interested or not and maybe you know this already but if you are a H.O.G. member you can get special rates for HD trips in other countries as well as here. Something to think about.

I know I haven't introduced myself to the forum yet but couldn't resist posting my babies.

This is my first motorcycle 99 Honda 600F4. I had just returned from my first deployment (Iraq) Feb 04. My wife asked what I wanted to do and I said get a bike.

After returning from another deployment in 2010 my wife asked if I was going to look at getting a newer bike. I sold my F4 and bought my black 06 Honda CBR1000rr.

At the end of Feb 2012 a female pulled an illegal U-turn directly in front of me. In a blink of an eye my pride and joy was brutally murdered.

I am married to the best woman. After I started waking up from surgery (result of the crash) my wife asked if I was going to get a new bike or another like I had. I bought my red 06 CBR1000rr around 7 months after the wreck but it had to sit in the garage another 2 months before I could physically get on it. During the 2 months I did plenty of modifications.

Just over 2 years after my wreck I attended my first trackday. The rush / experience was incredible and addictive. I'll be at another trackday next weekend. My plan is to attend a race school then get my racing license after my retirement is complete.

This is the toy of the house. We'll take it out in the desert and have some fun.

My youngest kids (5,3, and 2) enjoy being taken on rides. They all have push style and battery motorcycles but my 5 y/o has one almost like mine.

I guess you could say my family likes powersports. Sorry for the length.

I know I haven't introduced myself to the forum yet but couldn't resist posting my babies.

This is my first motorcycle 99 Honda 600F4. I had just returned from my first deployment (Iraq) Feb 04. My wife asked what I wanted to do and I said get a bike.

After returning from another deployment in 2010 my wife asked if I was going to look at getting a newer bike. I sold my F4 and bought my black 06 Honda CBR1000rr.

At the end of Feb 2012 a female pulled an illegal U-turn directly in front of me. In a blink of an eye my pride and joy was brutally murdered.

I am married to the best woman. After I started waking up from surgery (result of the crash) my wife asked if I was going to get a new bike or another like I had. I bought my red 06 CBR1000rr around 7 months after the wreck but it had to sit in the garage another 2 months before I could physically get on it. During the 2 months I did plenty of modifications.

Just over 2 years after my wreck I attended my first trackday. The rush / experience was incredible and addictive. I'll be at another trackday next weekend. My plan is to attend a race school then get my racing license after my retirement is complete.

This is the toy of the house. We'll take it out in the desert and have some fun.

My youngest kids (5,3, and 2) enjoy being taken on rides. They all have push style and battery motorcycles but my 5 y/o has one almost like mine.

I guess you could say my family likes powersports. Sorry for the length.

I'm very happy to hear you're okay, jeez your bike was torn up and I suspect you look similar. Nice bikes man, I rode an '07 CBR1K and wasn't sold on it... sure was fast though! For my track days I preferred my ZX636, great motor and handling.

I'm very happy to hear you're okay, jeez your bike was torn up and I suspect you look similar. Nice bikes man, I rode an '07 CBR1K and wasn't sold on it... sure was fast though! For my track days I preferred my ZX636, great motor and handling.

Thanks, I have healed fairly good. I still have issues associated all the damage to my leg. Then 99% of the people that knows me would probably say I had brain damage because of getting on another but they are addicting. There wasn't much salvageable from the bike. The 636 is a sweet ass bike for sure and I bet it handles great. I've contemplated get a 600 for a dedicated track bike and keep the CBR1K for the street. The only track I've ever rode is Arroyo Seco in New Mexico and they say it is really technical. I will be hitting the Barber Motorsports Park in November. As for now I'm hoping to go to the race clinic and get licensed in the next couple weeks.

Thanks, I have healed fairly good. I still have issues associated all the damage to my leg. Then 99% of the people that knows me would probably say I had brain damage because of getting on another but they are addicting. There wasn't much salvageable from the bike. The 636 is a sweet ass bike for sure and I bet it handles great. I've contemplated get a 600 for a dedicated track bike and keep the CBR1K for the street. The only track I've ever rode is Arroyo Seco in New Mexico and they say it is really technical. I will be hitting the Barber Motorsports Park in November. As for now I'm hoping to go to the race clinic and get licensed in the next couple weeks.

That's too funny, that was the track I rode when I was stationed at Holloman AFB in Alamogordo. I was never the best or fastest on track days, there's always somebody better but I had a blast. If you ever get the chance, if you already haven't, you should ride up the mountain towards Cloudcroft and through to Mayhill, awesome ride and can be taken a fairly fast pace. Just don't speed through Cloudcroft! Since I blew a disc in my back years ago and the pain progressed, I gave up riding the super sports and have stuck to more standard and cruiser rides.

That's too funny, that was the track I rode when I was stationed at Holloman AFB in Alamogordo. I was never the best or fastest on track days, there's always somebody better but I had a blast. If you ever get the chance, if you already haven't, you should ride up the mountain towards Cloudcroft and through to Mayhill, awesome ride and can be taken a fairly fast pace. Just don't speed through Cloudcroft! Since I blew a disc in my back years ago and the pain progressed, I gave up riding the super sports and have stuck to more standard and cruiser rides.

I've rode some of those areas but typically I'm travelling with the family. I'm the same way on the track. I'm slower and more inexperienced than most others so I get past by everyone. It is still fun as hell. I actually took the race clinic recently. It was fun but I still have much to learn before racing other than the beginner class.

wife and I many years ago... 58 HD pan head chopper
i-B5Fd85X-XL.jpg

I have had many bikes come and go. This is my current pride and joy. Not my daily ride but certainly my favorite.
Link Removed
Link Removed

Same bike same kid. The bike is 93 CBR900RR purchased in 92 as an early release. I still have the OEM plastic and tank.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed
Blistering top speed of 5.75 MPH. Break your back and you can have one of these sexy hot rods in your future too!
The Air Force sticker is optional.

1991 GL1500 w/sidecar. Sidecar has a special made on / off system one person can do in 20 seconds, both ways.

14442994999_982bf041c4_b.jpg

2000 Big Brute. Very much one of a kind. Never saw this woman before, she just wanted to climb on my motorcycle.

11974268235_d2ce9c0883_c.jpg

1991 GL1500 w/sidecar. Sidecar has a special made on / off system one person can do in 20 seconds, both ways.

14442994999_982bf041c4_b.jpg

2000 Big Brute. Very much one of a kind. Never saw this woman before, she just wanted to climb on my motorcycle.

11974268235_d2ce9c0883_c.jpg

You should've asked her if she'd climb on something else, heh.

I should light her up and ride more often (the bike) did not ride once this year. See the bike everyday, it is in my place of business.

new here and saw this thread so figured i would shareLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back