Pistol-packing Pa. soccer mom loses gun permit

Had some wacko intent on doing harm come to the soccer field (and you know there are those who prey on children, especially where they don't think people will have means of self defense), those same parents would be viewing her a little differently now.

That's why they invented jacketed hollow points and +P+ loads.:nhl_checking:

Hmm, me personally, I would have kept my weapon concealed....that's just me. Exercising your rights is one thing but open carry at ANY game where there are children playing You know you're just asking for ATTENTION. I live in NH and my weapon is concealed at my childrens games. I do not want ATTENTION drawn to Me. I know I have the RIGHT to carry it in the open but come on now, you do need to use better judgement. Was it really neccessary to have a weapon exposed at a childrens game OR Any game where you know there will be mommies watching their little darlings playing? Overall, what She was doing was Her right. Don't get me wrong, but a little more better judgement would have been better.........My opinion. On the other hand, the thingy with the officer and other officails pulling Her permit, I would get ahold of Mr.Lawyer and straighten that one out! That's a no-no.
Then again, as someone else mentioned on here............there's more to the story, need ALL the facts.

So you're saying that if I attend a soccer game where my friend/relative has a child playing and the law allows me to OC if I don't have a CC permit for that state, then something is wrong with my judgment because I'm complying with the law? Being that the lady has a CC, I agree that OC might not have been the best choice in this situation, but since she OC EVERYWHERE (according to the longer version of the article), she didn't do anything to intentionally attract attention to herself. From what I understand, the firearm NEVER LEFT THE HOLSTER, so in this case, there was no issue of "brandishing" or anything like that. This case is about a few people complaining about the lawful acts of another citizen. It would be like the police telling me to take off a t-shirt that had an offensive graphic on it.

I wouldn't do what Ms. Hain did, but as I see it, she was within her rights hence why she WASN'T ARRESTED, and she STILL HAS HER FIREARM. The irony of the situation is that now she HAS To OC as to CC would now be a LAW VIOLATION.

gf

So you're saying that if I attend a soccer game where my friend/relative has a child playing and the law allows me to OC if I don't have a CC permit for that state, then something is wrong with my judgment because I'm complying with the law? Being that the lady has a CC, I agree that OC might not have been the best choice in this situation, but since she OC EVERYWHERE (according to the longer version of the article), she didn't do anything to intentionally attract attention to herself. From what I understand, the firearm NEVER LEFT THE HOLSTER, so in this case, there was no issue of "brandishing" or anything like that. This case is about a few people complaining about the lawful acts of another citizen. It would be like the police telling me to take off a t-shirt that had an offensive graphic on it.

I wouldn't do what Ms. Hain did, but as I see it, she was within her rights hence why she WASN'T ARRESTED, and she STILL HAS HER FIREARM. The irony of the situation is that now she HAS To OC as to CC would now be a LAW VIOLATION.

gf

This is true. However I have one question. Why would they take away her CC permit? I don't get that

This is true. However I have one question. Why would they take away her CC permit? I don't get that

I'd say the sheriff was suffering from a case of "ningunos testículos" or "no balls". Basically the guy caved to the pressure of some loopy judge and a few parents who didn't like Ms. Hain OC to the soccer game.

IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer
, and don't play one on television, though I did stay at a "Holiday Inn Express" once), so don't take this as "legal advice". As I understand the law, Ms. Hain wasn't in violation of any laws, so the taking of her permit/license was unwarranted. I'm guessing that it's probably political. Possibly a way for the sheriff to bring the law to the attention of the public in attempt to get it changed.

gf

Again as SHE says in the Report. The soccer club is a private group BUT THEY PLAY ON PUBLIC Lands (I>E> Public parks) So they have no legal right to tell her she can not come to the game with her gun on. As it's not private property. As i under stand it if she wins the case the City/police department will have to front the money for her legal costs. On top of giving her permit back. This guy must be off his rocker to think he has legal right to pull her permit for no reason.. "The truth shall set you free" Or in this case get you your permit back:pleasantry::pleasantry::pleasantry:

I don't think saying she should have use better judgment is a fair statement. There are a lot of factor about the reason she open carries vs. concealed that we do not know. I say if that is the way she always carries then she should not change it.

Did I say something wrong here?? I never said anything about Her "brandishing" a gun OR breaking the law. And, maybe she should have used better judgement is not a fair statement? Let me try this........IF I went to a game, ANY game with or without children, I have no problem with OC or CC. It would be My Right to do so and I wouldn't care what anyone said to me as long as I was not breaking any law. Can we agree on that so far? OR even if it wasn't game at all. SOME of us here like to OC while SOME of us like to CC. So someone said Maybe there are predators out there who prey on the young, fine. I know I have the gun so I'll take him out should something happen!
Ok, it's hard to say something typing it out instead of saying it outloud..........I'm not saying She did anything wrong at all. I know the subject takes place at a soccer field, but I also know I wouldn't OC at my kids bparty; game of ball; etc that is out at a non public place with their friends there. Watch, next week there'll be a sign at the field......."No Weapons Allowed" Don't mind me, I'm just blabbering on and not even sure if I said anything at all. :hang2:

Did I say something wrong here?? I never said anything about Her "brandishing" a gun OR breaking the law. And, maybe she should have used better judgement is not a fair statement? Let me try this........IF I went to a game, ANY game with or without children, I have no problem with OC or CC. It would be My Right to do so and I wouldn't care what anyone said to me as long as I was not breaking any law. Can we agree on that so far? OR even if it wasn't game at all. SOME of us here like to OC while SOME of us like to CC. So someone said Maybe there are predators out there who prey on the young, fine. I know I have the gun so I'll take him out should something happen!
Ok, it's hard to say something typing it out instead of saying it outloud..........I'm not saying She did anything wrong at all. I know the subject takes place at a soccer field, but I also know I wouldn't OC at my kids bparty; game of ball; etc that is out at a non public place with their friends there. Watch, next week there'll be a sign at the field......."No Weapons Allowed" Don't mind me, I'm just blabbering on and not even sure if I said anything at all. :hang2:

I can't speak for others, but I can say that I don't think you said anything "wrong". You're entitled to voice your opinion. There are others in this group that feel very strongly about OC. Some of them are waiting for their CC permit/license, so in the meantime the only way they can legally carry is OC.

I wouldn't go so far as to make a statement like "I wouldn't OC at my kids bparty; game of ball; etc that is out at a non public place with their friends there." Suppose that for some strange reason the laws were changed and all CC permits/licenses were invalid. Only way you could then legally carry would be OC. Would you leave your firearm at home or in the car because you're at a b-day party or soccer game? If OC were my only option, I certainly would be carrying. Most people don't realize how fortunate they are until they are put into a situation where they don't have a right that they took for granted at one point. I've got CC permits/licenses for several states. NONE of them are good here in PRHI. This means that I have to leave my firearms at home while back here in PRHI and get very creative in my personal protection choices. I value the ability to legally CC while traveling . I'm working to change the situation here in PRHI, but unfortunately it's going to be a very long process. :frown:

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back