OC'ers are nutty

It appears I missed your sarcasm, my fault :)

I thought I put quote marks around the words "jap-crap", but it appears as if I was mistaken. Ah well... An opportunity missed I suppose... :)

I OC'd for a time in Pennsylvania. The one difference I noticed between OC and CC is that I got a lot more attention when I OC'd, both good and bad attention. Personally, I don't want that attention anymore, however Glock Fan said it well... He's had more opportunity to talk about the 2nd Amendment to folks while he OC'd.

Now about the other comments about motorcycle riders. You're over generalizing there too. I know a lot of great guys that ride Harley's and know a lot of great guys that ride Hondas, I even know a lot of great guys that ride BMW's.... point is I know a lot of maggots that ride either Harley's, or Hondas or BMW's. DanMc, just don't generalize.

Here is one. OC'ers are obviously compensating for something. My guess is mom didn't put enough peanut butter on their sandwiches when growing up. Maybe they are insecure, short, fat, not well-endowed. That is usually what I think when I see my local oc'er out and about. "Be careful, he doesn't do well in society". I guess I personally don't like to draw attention to myself. Some people do.

Let's hide our guns under our shirt peeps, this guy has figured us out!
Amazing! I thought this kind of talk was abandoned on Junior High playgrounds. Apparently he hasn't graduated yet.

I think the OC crowd is kind of nutty, just like the Westboro Baptist Church is kind of nutty. Every group has their nutty folks, and in the gun owners/lovers world, the OC'ers are nutty, IMO. Kind of like motorcycle riders...we all love 2 wheels, the wind in our face, etc., but the HD riders think their chit don't stink, and if you ride a Honda then you are not a true biker. I am mostly turned off by the attitudes from the OC'ers, much like I am turned off by the attitudes of the HD riders. Open carry to your hearts content, I just wonder if you don't hurt the cause more than you help.

I mostly CC, but I do OC. When I OC I am not ashamed, I am proud that I can.
IMHO you should have posted in the CC forum. Sounds like you are just picking a fight. Is that how you behave in public when you CC. If it is, I think we will be reading about you real soon.

I think the OC crowd is kind of nutty, just like the Westboro Baptist Church is kind of nutty.
To compare OC'ers to the people who protest military funerals with their "God hates fags" signs is truly a classless move. It is shameful that people who post on this forum have to show such a deep prejudice to others who carry but choose to do so in a different way. This guy is showing the same arrogant attitude he claims to dislike in others.

To compare OC'ers to the people who protest military funerals with their "God hates fags" signs is truly a classless move. It is shameful that people who post on this forum have to show such a deep prejudice to others who carry but choose to do so in a different way. This guy is showing the same arrogant attitude he claims to dislike in others.

OC used to be what everybody did once upon a time. There's nothing wrong with it even though I personally don't have the guts to do it.

aruguing for arguments sake

It just seems like once every week or two we'll get a thread on here that just turns into childish bickering. So to settle this debate do as i do. I like to carry one pistol CC and another OC. That way i can appease both sides of the issue. But when im feeling really squirrely, i like to also sling the AR onto my back...
Obviously this is sarcasm. Im just trying to make a point. These threads only show me who the biggest babies on this site are.

Concern yourself less with the motives of others, and focus on the reasons why you carry. How "The Other" chooses to carry his firearm is not your concern.

Open carry is nothing more then a very efictive deterent if someone can see you are armed chances are your not going to have to use it

I wish people who carry would stop looking at it as an OC vs. CC thing and realize we're all gun carriers. No need to bash each other. I would like to see proof of open carry hurting concealed carry because I don't know of any.

I wish people who carry would stop looking at it as an OC vs. CC thing and realize we're all gun carriers. No need to bash each other. I would like to see proof of open carry hurting concealed carry because I don't know of any.
In my experience it hasn't been an "OC vs. CC" thing. It has been a "CC vs. OC" thing with some CC'ers going out of their way to attempt to prove that CC is better than OC... but the OC'ers I have met and interacted with online are not against CC. Quite the contrary since many of them not only OC but also CC and, I will opine, that most of them understand that the right to bear arms means exactly that... the right to bear arms in any way, any manner, covered up or in plain sight... it is still "the right to bear arms".

I have seen first hand how OC, and the resulting media coverage, has caused the general public in Michigan to become aware that OC is not only their right but is also legal. I have watched how attitudes have changed over the past 3 years to the point where it is now rare for anyone, even so called "soccer moms with kids and mini vans", to give an openly carried gun a second glance.

Oddly enough... OC has caused the sight of a gun on the hip of an ordinary person to become not much of a big deal in Michigan..

I have seen OC'ers go to council meetings and demand that illegal ordinances that ban the carrying of guns in any manner whether OC or CC be changed. And had CC'ers at those meetings ridicule, berate, and insult, the OC'er who wants the government to obey the law. And when those ordinances are changed not only do the OC'ers win but CC'ers win too because that ordinance banned guns for both!

And I'm still waiting for CC'ers to acknowledge that OC has caused the public to become more knowledgeable about right to bear arms, has cause the public to become more accustomed to seeing guns, and that the sight of openly carried guns has caused the public to overcome much of it's negative beliefs about people who carry guns.

And guess what? All that good stuff that OC has caused spills over and benefits CC too.

So I do not think it is OC'ers vs. CC'ers..... sadly I believe it is the CC'ers who pit themselves against the OC'ers.

In my experience it hasn't been an "OC vs. CC" thing. It has been a "CC vs. OC" thing with some CC'ers going out of their way to attempt to prove that CC is better than OC... but the OC'ers I have met and interacted with online are not against CC. Quite the contrary since many of them not only OC but also CC and, I will opine, that most of them understand that the right to bear arms means exactly that... the right to bear arms in any way, any manner, covered up or in plain sight... it is still "the right to bear arms".

I have seen first hand how OC, and the resulting media coverage, has caused the general public in Michigan to become aware that OC is not only their right but is also legal. I have watched how attitudes have changed over the past 3 years to the point where it is now rare for anyone, even so called "soccer moms with kids and mini vans", to give an openly carried gun a second glance.

Oddly enough... OC has caused the sight of a gun on the hip of an ordinary person to become not much of a big deal in Michigan..

I have seen OC'ers go to council meetings and demand that illegal ordinances that ban the carrying of guns in any manner whether OC or CC be changed. And had CC'ers at those meetings ridicule, berate, and insult, the OC'er who wants the government to obey the law. And when those ordinances are changed not only do the OC'ers win but CC'ers win too because that ordinance banned guns for both!

And I'm still waiting for CC'ers to acknowledge that OC has caused the public to become more knowledgeable about right to bear arms, has cause the public to become more accustomed to seeing guns, and that the sight of openly carried guns has caused the public to overcome much of it's negative beliefs about people who carry guns.

And guess what? All that good stuff that OC has caused spills over and benefits CC too.

So I do not think it is OC'ers vs. CC'ers..... sadly I believe it is the CC'ers who pit themselves against the OC'ers.

Amen. Saving this for later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back