OC'ers are nutty

I think the OC crowd is kind of nutty, just like the Westboro Baptist Church is kind of nutty. Every group has their nutty folks, and in the gun owners/lovers world, the OC'ers are nutty, IMO. Kind of like motorcycle riders...we all love 2 wheels, the wind in our face, etc., but the HD riders think their chit don't stink, and if you ride a Honda then you are not a true biker. I am mostly turned off by the attitudes from the OC'ers, much like I am turned off by the attitudes of the HD riders. Open carry to your hearts content, I just wonder if you don't hurt the cause more than you help.

Oh goodness... Here we go again, you just sparked another 30 page, never ending battle about why OC is so great.

Arc Angel:272819 said:

I can tell you who doesn't educate the public, even passively. Concealed carriers.

I liked the majority of your post. For the most part, you spoke your side without putting down the other side. Bravo for that at least.

But, if you only open carried in rustic towns and hunting, how do you know its more stressful in your hometown? From my experience, I became less stressed, because I stopped worrying if I was concealed all the time.

I agree in todays society you should be aware of everyone. But criminals hide their weapons. If I spot a concealed carrier, should I go on high alert and contact the authorities? The chances of them being a criminal are much higher than an open carrier.

While it may seem we are patently inconsiderate to your thoughts and feelings, 99% of society around me has giving me nothing negative about my openly carried firearm.

The problem with singling out the open carrier is we can do that with concealed carriers. The one that conceals such a tool as a firearm or large knife...should also be watched carefully. The only problem is that road leads to infringements...and we seem to be going full steam down that road.

-snip off all the silly excuses about how the right to bear arms takes second place to being oh so socially correct because you are afraid to not "offend" anyone-

How about this: I'll agree not to screw with your Second Amendment Rights if you'll agree not to screw with mine - Fair enough!
How about this? You allude to your concealed carry being your right to bear arms... However...that "permit" that allows concealed carry is the exact kind of government controlled infringement mentioned in "shall not be infringed" and is NOT the right to bear arms. So if you need to have a "permit" to carry concealed you are NOT exercising the right to bear arms.. you are bearing arms with the permission of the State.

Well here's my opinion.

You, as is everyone, are entitled to have and express an opinion

First let me start by saying any carry is better than no carry,

I agree.

second the original post is just ridiculous.

Again, I agree.

Its funny that you use the super hero theme skit, because on past post I've read its the ocer who says when i wear my gun and people can see it, they apologize, they say excuse me more often, they let me and my family cut in lines and treat us better. Um okay so are you wearing your weapon because it may possibly be a life saving tool or because you have such a small ego, that you need some other way to demand respect.

The OC'er having a small ego needing some way to demand respect? To be honest there might be some who OC for that reason.. just as there might be some CC'ers who CC hoping to have a chance to "surprise" a bad guy so they can shoot him. But I would suggest that it would take someone fairly secure in their self to face all the possible negativity from not only the general public but also LE (and the possible nasty consequences from that!) that OC can bring.

I also noticed that you said you would stop the crime before it happened, okay that's plausible. So are you wearing your weapon to protect people or just to show off your cool gun.

I didn't say "I" would stop the crime. I said the sight of a gun could make the criminal decide not to attack me. So, no, I'm not wearing my gun to protect other people.. I'm wearing it so it will be there if I need it to protect ME. And if the bad guy sees it and decides not to attack me then my gun did it's job as a self protection tool.. and I didn't even have to touch it.

By "scaring" the criminal off as you think your doing, your in fact making him look for not just a Ccer but a sheep someone who has no line of defense. Maybe a single mom, a disabled person etc,

I'm not wearing a gun in plain sight to protect anyone but ME. Let the sheep, the single Mom, and the disabled person get their own damn gun. As for the CC'er... he has already decided he would rather wait until the attack started to bring his gun into plain sight.

while you have one strong point let us not forget both ways can keep criminals and crime off the street. We should all.be carrying for the same reason, and the reasons that the law intends, to protect ourselves and others from imminent dangers.

Again, I am not responsible for the safety of anyone else but me. I don't carry a gun to protect anyone but me. I might decide to come to the aid of a single Mom or a disabled person if I want to... but I do not carry a gun for that purpose. And I while my morals might dictate a moral responsibility help someone I do not have any legal responsibility to do so.

Thanks if you read this through, be safe out there, and everyone else lets think before we post anymore dumb ****.
As for dumb **** being posted... Whether or not I think someone's opinion is dumb **** or not I support their right to express it.

Y'all need to focus your responses to the goober that is posting the crap and not CCers in general. I cant speak for where you live so I won't, but in Utah I can tell you that CCing had brought about a good deal of change when it comes to the 2A. Hell my understanding is that Utah was the first state that allowed firearms on public school property, now how many of you are allowed the same? Also how many of you use Utahs Concealed firearms permit to carry in other states? It is CCing that had had the most effect on Utah law.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Firefighterchen:272871 said:
hobbick8462:272815 said:
Well here's my opinion. First let me start by saying any carry is better than no carry, second the original post is just ridiculous. Its funny that you use the super hero theme skit, because on past post I've read its the ocer who says when i wear my gun and people can see it, they apologize, they say excuse me more often, they let me and my family cut in lines and treat us better. Um okay so are you wearing your weapon because it may possibly be a life saving tool or because you have such a small ego, that you need some other way to demand respect.

An armed society is a polite society. Just because others are more polite doesn't mean we are compensating. It is sad you would even think that way of another carrier. Are you compensating for your shame by insulting others, to make yourself feel better?

I also noticed that you said you would stop the crime before it happened, okay that's plausible. So are you wearing your weapon to protect people or just to show off your cool gun. By "scaring" the criminal off as you think your doing, your in fact making him look for not just a Ccer but a sheep someone who has no line of defense. Maybe a single mom, a disabled person etc, while you have one strong point let us not forget both ways can keep criminals and crime off the street. We should all.be carrying for the same reason, and the reasons that the law intends, to protect ourselves and others from imminent dangers.

A criminal is all ready profiling. OC'ers just don't fit their profile. That doesn't make them all the sudden change who they are looking for. They are all ready looking for the sheep, the unaware alone female, an unarmed person, an easy target. The only thing my openly carried gun had done is cause the criminal to not pick me.

If you are going to blame OC for a criminals actions, we can do the same for CC. Let's try your style of argument.

Do you conceal because you want to save your life or because you want to be "chosen"so you can kill another individual? Um okay, so while you hide your gun you have now made criminals shoot first, ask questions later, because anyone can be armed.

Thanks if you read this through, be safe out there, and everyone else lets think before we post anymore dumb ****.

You welcome, I did read through it. I find it ridiculous you think others post bull **** after a post like yours.

But I agree with you on one thing, we should all be happy we all carry.

So we discovered you no nothing about history either. Instead if using a quote thats old and clearly didn't work, i expected something more original out of you....oh wait no i didnt. From my understanding in the wild wild west where you apparently think your from, crime still happened, and often. Cheating at a poker game could get someone shot. Im sorry if i don't find that polite.

Trust me i have no reason to be shameful. Which brings me to another one of your ridiculous ?. How can i think of my fellow carriers like that? Hmm.....because i have factual post written by other members stating exactly what i wrote, as said. Also because i came to the realization long ago while in training for law enforcement, there are police, and there are people who will act like they are, but never will be. NOT saying every Ocer is however the line of thinking that you will get treated better because you carry a weapon on your hip is exactly the thinking that has gotten us to this point in the forum.

You also answered your on ?. Why do i Cc yeah to save lives, would i rather have a BG confront me over the mom, elderly etc your damn right, so that i may have possibly a better chance to neutralize the BG, before they act on someone who is defenseless. However that's how a sheepdogs mindset is. As i can clearly see you know nothing about that, you clearly stated, ignorantly I might add, that you rather let the criminal know that you are carrying, so that even though he's still profiling for the right victim it just won't be you or in front of you. I get it you'd rather let someone else take a bullet, a knife wound, a bloody jaw, lip, nose etc.

I also dont understand how you think a Ocer doesn't fit a profile they don't fit THE profile, but they fit the hey i have a gun on me like a cop redaly available. I also think that while so many people think they are prepared to have their weapon showing, will everyone of them be able to keep weapon control if said BG try to take it, or even two BGs. That's where not having a weapon in rthe open has an advantage, they don't know, where you have it, or what you have. While Im not an expert i assume as well have read that some criminals commit crimes without thinking. Out of desperation, especially with our economy criminals won't have a gun, will have a fake gun, or will have a real gun that's unloaded. They don't want to take a life they just want your goods (some).

What you should do since you make it sound like the security, and well being of yourself is the only thing that matters is hang a sign around your neck that says, i may carry my gun so that you can see it, but don't worry criminals as long as you don't rob me its okay.

You also answered your on ?. Why do i Cc yeah to save lives, would i rather have a BG confront me over the mom, elderly etc your damn right, so that i may have possibly a better chance to neutralize the BG, before they act on someone who is defenseless. However that's how a sheepdogs mindset is. As i can clearly see you know nothing about that, you clearly stated, ignorantly I might add, that you rather let the criminal know that you are carrying, so that even though he's still profiling for the right victim it just won't be you or in front of you. I get it you'd rather let someone else take a bullet, a knife wound, a bloody jaw, lip, nose etc.

Do all CC'ers have this latent desire to be judge, jury and executioner?

Dang it. I wasn't going to post.

A person who was really concerned about their family's well being would be more interested in not putting them through the trauma of an attack, the possibility of seeing someone shot, and the possibility of the expense of court cases both criminal and civil which could end up bankrupting the entire family rather then saving the rest of the world from one criminal.

A real sheepdog will protect the flock that they actually have charge and care over rather than sacrifice them to save the rest of the sheep in the world. Deterring the criminal has the most benefit to MY family regardless of whether or not MY family is even present when it happens, because of the consequences they will have to suffer even if it is only myself that I have take action to protect.

Why don't you ask your wife and children what they would prefer? The criminal leaves you and them alone, or you get to play hero and save the rest of the world from a criminal?

Just because you shoot someone and stop an attack, there are still victims.

So we discovered you no nothing about history either. Instead if using a quote thats old and clearly didn't work, i expected something more original out of you....oh wait no i didnt. From my understanding in the wild wild west where you apparently think your from, crime still happened, and often. Cheating at a poker game could get someone shot. Im sorry if i don't find that polite.

I see that you went to the University of Hollywood.....

Axeanda45:273034 said:

I see that you went to the University of Hollywood.....

Hollywood really its history.

Its time to grow up. Do you see any open carriers going into the cc forum with childish posts like this?

The Brady campaign should just recruit concealed carriers to lead the charge.

Now now, we from the clan of CC are not all like that ... some of us have no problem with the people from the village yonder of OC at all, it's just not something we choose to do.

NavyLCDR:272981 said:

Do all CC'ers have this latent desire to be judge, jury and executioner?

Dang it. I wasn't going to post.

A person who was really concerned about their family's well being would be more interested in not putting them through the trauma of an attack, the possibility of seeing someone shot, and the possibility of the expense of court cases both criminal and civil which could end up bankrupting the entire family rather then saving the rest of the world from one criminal.

A real sheepdog will protect the flock that they actually have charge and care over rather than sacrifice them to save the rest of the sheep in the world. Deterring the criminal has the most benefit to MY family regardless of whether or not MY family is even present when it happens, because of the consequences they will have to suffer even if it is only myself that I have take action to protect.

Why don't you ask your wife and children what they would prefer? The criminal leaves you and them alone, or you get to play hero and save the rest of the world from a criminal?

Just because you shoot someone and stop an attack, there are still victims.

Victims of trauma are more easily curable then victims of death. Don't get me wrong i clearly see where your coming from. I guess it all depends on what your interpretation of a sheep dog is. However take into consideration that the criminal you just let go, he flees gets smarter, and the next person he attacks isn't a stranger, isn't someone else's mother, sister, daughter in fact its a member of your family; your daughter, son, wife, parents etc. By your attitude then the person that finds them, being violated, beaten, raped, stolen from will also think, you know what my families more important than these people. I hope you see what I'm saying as well, and that what I'm saying holds a valid truth.

I think the OC crowd is kind of nutty, just like the Westboro Baptist Church is kind of nutty. Every group has their nutty folks, and in the gun owners/lovers world, the OC'ers are nutty, IMO. Kind of like motorcycle riders...we all love 2 wheels, the wind in our face, etc., but the HD riders think their chit don't stink, and if you ride a Honda then you are not a true biker. I am mostly turned off by the attitudes from the OC'ers, much like I am turned off by the attitudes of the HD riders. Open carry to your hearts content, I just wonder if you don't hurt the cause more than you help.
Sounds like Paul Helmke! Paul, is that you? Sneakin' in a gun chat room. You devil! BTW, how's the Brady's doin.

Being a Harley Rider with a Triumph on the side I have lately seen an increasing number of your hard core dudes mellow on their feelings against other breeds of bike. As other bikes have improved. Tolerances change. The more you see the less you care. Just like with OC.

I have a show bike my 1999 road king classic. I have her custom fit to my body & she is smooth as a caddy. But I love my 2000 Triumph Tiger for it speed & fuel milage. Both are comfortable for couple hundred miles a day or more. Both have cup holders. Which one do I ride? Depends on where im going & what I'm doing.

The same can be said 4 CC or OC. I am dreaming of the new Triumph Tiger Explorer. But My old Harley will stay with me & I have no interest in a new one. I'll probably continue to CC but if I see OC im not going to tell um they're wrong.

I can tell you who doesn't educate the public, even passively. Concealed carriers.

Wow! You can! What are you psychic? Do you have a crystal ball? For reasons previously stated I am predominantly a concealed pistol carrier. I am, also, a Firearms Instructor. When you get to the point where you can (honestly) say that you've done hands-on shooting instruction and safety training with, at my best guess, 3 or 4 THOUSAND students, THEN we can more rationally talk about firearms education together, but, not before - OK.

I liked the majority of your post. For the most part, you spoke your side without putting down the other side. Bravo for that at least.

But, if you only open carried in rustic towns and hunting, how do you know its more stressful in your hometown? From my experience, I became less stressed, because I stopped worrying if I was concealed all the time.

How? What am I supposed to be ....... blind? I know because I've watched the reactions of, both, local law enforcement AND the general public to you educational types who insist upon open carrying sidearms in town. (Guess you've never had 5 or 6 police cars coming racing up on you - yet - huh. I saw that one day at a diner and in the heart of town, too.)

I agree in todays society you should be aware of everyone. But criminals hide their weapons. If I spot a concealed carrier, should I go on high alert and contact the authorities? The chances of them being a criminal are much higher than an open carrier.

They do! OK how about certifiable, 'nut cases' and zealots? Do they hide their weapons too?

While it may seem we are patently inconsiderate to your thoughts and feelings, 99% of society around me has giving me nothing negative about my openly carried firearm. .......

Ahh, come on! I didn't just start carrying a pistol yesterday. How do you know what most of the general public around you was REALLY THINKING while you were educating everyone to their Second Amendment Rights? Tell me, who's going to argue with a strange man with a gun? I'd like to know.

You all need to quit your complaining about how one carries their firearm. Its all personal preference for that individual. So if someone wants to OC who are you to say anything.If you feel uncomfortable,remove yourself from the situation otherwise suck it up and change your tampon and go on with your day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back