OC'ers are nutty

Incoherent wow, i think that's the biggest word you've used. Instead of purely trolling and judging what im saying why dont you offer some of your own advice.

It was an honest question.... I do see that you can at least count letters.... Thats a good sign... must be coming down some, Huh?

....(hobbicks post)...

You seem to like to push the consequences of criminal actions onto open carriers. That is not the way it works, the criminal is responsible for their actions. If the criminal decided to not pick me because I was stronger than him, is it my responsibility as a stronger person to stop the criminal from raping a smaller woman later? No it is not. You assume to know a lot about my mindset, and how much I would help someone, yet you are completely wrong. You say you went to law enforcement training, did you pass or fail? It sure gave you an "us vs them" mentality though. Carrying my firearm openly has nothing to do with what I would do if I was around someone in danger. Can you make that distinction?

Wow! You can! What are you psychic? Do you have a crystal ball? For reasons previously stated I am predominantly a concealed pistol carrier. I am, also, a Firearms Instructor. When you get to the point where you can (honestly) say that you've done hands-on shooting instruction and safety training with, at my best guess, 3 or 4 THOUSAND students, THEN we can, more rationally talk about firearms education together, but, not before - OK.

Let me get this right...you are going to use your students, as a firearms instructor, as people you have educated out in the public that have not paid and voluntarily come to you? I walk by thousands of people everyday, and every time they see my firearm, they get used to it. I don't need to be a psychic to know personally how many more people I have talked to about firearms after I stopped concealing. I don't need a crystal ball to read about other instructors online (such as GlockFan and SGB) and how they both can attest to educating so many more when open carrying.

How? What am I supposed to be ....... blind? I know because I've watched the reactions of, both, local law enforcement AND the general public to you educational types who insist upon open carrying sidearms in town. (Guess you've never had 5 or 6 police cars coming racing up on you - yet - huh. I saw that one day at a diner and in the heart of town, too.)

I have never had 5 or 6 police cars come up me (but if I do, I know what to do). In my town, that has happened to one person. Guess what happened? They did nothing, he filed a suit against the department (not for money, but for re-training), and they all got re-training and re-educated on the firearm laws in my area. Pretty cool right? Something that would not have happened if he was concealing. Since then, the couple dozen OC'ers here have had no issues with local law enforcement. I am not blind either, and I am the one everyone is supposedly looking at with negative reactions...except I have only received 1 (surprised) look. I keep my awareness up, and I notice the majority of the people around me. So while you may not be physically blind, you have not been in our shoes, and do not know how much stress was relieved when I started to open carry. If you believe it is more stressful to open carry, try open carrying first, and if you are indeed more stressed, then I have no argument against you.

They do! OK how about certifiable, 'nut cases' and zealots? Do they hide their weapons too?

Ahh, come on! I didn't just start carrying a pistol yesterday. How do you know what most of the general public around you was REALLY THINKING while you were educating everyone to their Second Amendment Rights? Tell me, who's going to argue with a strange man with a gun? I'd like to know.

Like I said, I keep my awareness up, and while I can't read their minds, I can read their body language. I have had only a few people come up and talk to me about firearms (all being very positive). I have had no one say anything negative to me. I have been open carrying less than a year. I had been concealed carrying for years prior to that, and had no one come talk to me about firearms.

Now now, we from the clan of CC are not all like that ... some of us have no problem with the people from the village yonder of OC at all, it's just not something we choose to do.

Ok Ok I know, I'm sorry. I shouldn't generalize the entire CC group for the few that generalize the entire OC group, I like a lot of you. My apologizes to you jg.

Axeanda45:273102 said:
Incoherent wow, i think that's the biggest word you've used. Instead of purely trolling and judging what im saying why dont you offer some of your own advice.

It was an honest question.... I do see that you can at least count letters.... Thats a good sign... must be coming down some, Huh?

So i take it that you have no advice, therefore do you really have a reason to be judgmental about others advice. Whether you think the advice or my opinions are valid or intelligent, others might, and some do given the likes I've been given as well as the similarity in debates I've been involved in. If you'd like to inform me, and others on your opinions/advice please do. However if your going to continue to troll please do it in other forums so people with opinions don't have to skip over what your saying. Thank you.

So i take it that you have no advice, therefore do you really have a reason to be judgmental about others advice. Whether you think the advice or my opinions are valid or intelligent, others might, and some do given the likes I've been given as well as the similarity in debates I've been involved in. If you'd like to inform me, and others on your opinions/advice please do. However if your going to continue to troll please do it in other forums so people with opinions don't have to skip over what your saying. Thank you.

Are you honestly trying to communicate with us here? Because if you are, it is only coming across as complete jibberish... Maybe you should go get some sleep or something... (and lay off the stuff dude.... It isnt helping you at all)

Wow! You can! What are you psychic? Do you have a crystal ball? For reasons previously stated I am predominantly a concealed pistol carrier. I am, also, a Firearms Instructor. When you get to the point where you can (honestly) say that you've done hands-on shooting instruction and safety training with, at my best guess, 3 or 4 THOUSAND students, THEN we can, more rationally talk about firearms education together, but, not before - OK.

How? What am I supposed to be ....... blind? I know because I've watched the reactions of, both, local law enforcement AND the general public to you educational types who insist upon open carrying sidearms in town. (Guess you've never had 5 or 6 police cars coming racing up on you - yet - huh. I saw that one day at a diner and in the heart of town, too.)

I was OC'ing in a local park and the police came driving up (only one car though.. small town) to respond to a man with a gun call on me and....

the officer proceeded to inform the 20 or so people present that I had a right to bear arms and open carry was legal and they had no right or legal claim to require me to go put my gun away.

So now tell me that OC doesn't educate folks? Or will you tell me I should have CC'd and not "offended" anyone by exposing them to the truth?

But now I'll expose you to the truth... CC would not have resulted in those people having an opportunity to discover there is a right to bear arms and it is legal to bear arms openly.

They do! OK how about certifiable, 'nut cases' and zealots? Do they hide their weapons too?

Ahh, come on! I didn't just start carrying a pistol yesterday. How do you know what most of the general public around you was REALLY THINKING while you were educating everyone to their Second Amendment Rights? Tell me, who's going to argue with a strange man with a gun? I'd like to know.
Please tell me how CC is able to expose the general public to the fact that they have a right to bear arms and it is legal to boot... and that here in Michigan OC is legal without that infringement called a 'permit'.

Also... are you aware that the reason the officer knew OC was legal was because.... OC'ers fought back when police illegally harassed them for legally open carrying and the police ended up being retrained about OC.

Now... how would CC have resulted in the police being retrained about OC being legal?

Hmmmm! well let see He slams O.C. and then comes after H.D. Here is how I LOOK AT IT!. AS long AS YOU CARRY,CARRY What works best for you be it O.C. or CCW. I ride a 05 flhtpI and put on around 12 grand a year on the scooter. I really don't care what you ride as long as you do so.

sig p6:273186 said:
Hmmmm! well let see He slams O.C. and then comes after H.D. Here is how I LOOK AT IT!. AS long AS YOU CARRY,CARRY What works best for you be it O.C. or CCW. I ride a 05 flhtpI and put on around 12 grand a year on the scooter. I really don't care what you ride as long as you do so.

Yes...I think he's saying he doesn't like my attitude for open carrying, but its balanced out because I ride a Yamaha R1. So I guess I'm good to go.

Had a store owner last week thank me for OC. Said lots of folks should. His dad has retired from the NC highway patrol and is a personal friend.

I think the OC crowd is kind of nutty, just like the Westboro Baptist Church is kind of nutty. Every group has their nutty folks, and in the gun owners/lovers world, the OC'ers are nutty, IMO. Kind of like motorcycle riders...we all love 2 wheels, the wind in our face, etc., but the HD riders think their chit don't stink, and if you ride a Honda then you are not a true biker. I am mostly turned off by the attitudes from the OC'ers, much like I am turned off by the attitudes of the HD riders. Open carry to your hearts content, I just wonder if you don't hurt the cause more than you help.

You worry to much. Thinking can cause cancer and obamster care may not cover your ailment....

Is it just me, or has the entire USA Carry forum been invaded by trolls (for lack of a better word) lately?

Yes, I just had to add the first person to my ignore list. He just could not stop himself from calling me a stupid idiot again and again and again because I dared to disagree with his top ammo choice. And an instructor, no less!

Yes, I just had to add the first person to my ignore list. He just could not stop himself from calling me a stupid idiot again and again and again because I dared to disagree with his top ammo choice. And an instructor, no less!
1565sba_th.jpg

2eas3lz_th.jpg

A general comment.....

I have noticed that there are some, and I emphasize some, instructors who will insist that it is their way that is the very best methods/equipment. They are convinced that their way is best and adamantly defend that... but the funny thing is...

Instructor "A" says ... my way is the very best methods/equipment...

Instructor "B" says ... my way is the very best methods/equipment...

And neither is the same as the other...

I've learned that both contain elements that are good things to add to the toolbox... and the instructor ego thing from both is best just ignored.

In some defense of the OC'ers, if I was a BG you can bet your sweet rear-end that you would not be my target. I would not want to take a chance whatsoever of losing. And with that said, OC is not the end-to-all. It's your "my way or the highway" attitudes that are a turn off.

]b]In some defense of the OC'ers, if I was a BG you can bet your sweet rear-end that you would not be my target. I would not want to take a chance whatsoever of losing.[/b] And with that said, OC is not the end-to-all. It's your "my way or the highway" attitudes that are a turn off.
And it is the "my way or the highway" of some CC'ers who insist on seeking out opportunities to lecture OC'ers that are a HUGE turn off.

It is nice to see that you recognize the deterrent effect that OC has over CC though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back