OC'ers are nutty

Ya know they say opinions are like a$$holes...Everyone has one....

I'm glad that they choose to be proactive.

I ride a Harley, a Yamaha and an Indian.....so I guess my $hit stinks.....

Comparing them to Westboro Bap Ch. members, tell's me everything I need to know about you.

When it come to how I carry, I actually prefer the idea/concept of Constitutional Carry but as I do ride a motorcycle in the Pacific Northwest (and no, its not a HD, I'm not that rich), I applied for and have a CCP so that should it be chilly out (which is most all the time I am riding), I can put a jacket on which turns my open carry to concealed. I look at it this way, if every Law Abiding citizen carried firearms openly the criminals would think twice about who they victimized.

As for the HD references, I have many friends who ride and agree that there are those who have HD's, BMW's, Buell's etc who are a bit snobbish, but then most with the kind of money they tend to have are. I could say the same thing about folks who insist the only handgun to carry is a Colt 1911 .45ACP or a Desert Eagle .44 Mag.

I think the OC crowd is kind of nutty, just like the Westboro Baptist Church is kind of nutty. Every group has their nutty folks, and in the gun owners/lovers world, the OC'ers are nutty, IMO. Kind of like motorcycle riders...we all love 2 wheels, the wind in our face, etc., but the HD riders think their chit don't stink, and if you ride a Honda then you are not a true biker. I am mostly turned off by the attitudes from the OC'ers, much like I am turned off by the attitudes of the HD riders. Open carry to your hearts content, I just wonder if you don't hurt the cause more than you help.

Hey now, I resemble the short and fat comments, LOL so watch it! Now, for being insecure.. I am in no way insecure.. but I open carry, I look at it as being my 2nd Amendment Constitutional right to carry and since the State I love in allows me to carry openly, I am proud to do so. After all, it is hard to conceal a H&K USP .40 SW with spare mags.

Here is one. OC'ers are obviously compensating for something. My guess is mom didn't put enough peanut butter on their sandwiches when growing up. Maybe they are insecure, short, fat, not well-endowed. That is usually what I think when I see my local oc'er out and about. "Be careful, he doesn't do well in society". QUOTE]

I like to open carry. I guess that gives me big balls? Contribute to my nickname of fat crotch. Well I guess I don't want my big balls slapping my concealed carry so have to open carry. Lol i love this thread. I guess you can technically call me NUTty. Peace :)

Go ahead.. hide your gun in fear never understanding a hidden gun doesn't do anything to stop a crime before it begins because the criminal doesn't see the gun until after he has attacked.. a hidden gun doesn't get the public used to seeing a gun everyday as just another ordinary thing and not something to be legislated out of existence... a hidden gun does nothing to let the public know that they too have the right to carry a gun... and ....

A hidden gun does not give a person some kind of super secret magical mystical Ninja "element of surprise" power. All it does is make the guy with the hidden gun look like all the other possible easy prey to the criminal.

When a bad guy attacks a CC'er and the CC'er pulls his hidden gun.. and the bad guy sees the gun and runs away... Was it the super secret magical mystical "element of surprise" that scared the bad guy? Or was it merely a gun where the bad guy could see it?

Think on that for a while and then tell me which is better.. the bad guy attacks, the victim draws a gun, the bad guy sees the gun and stops attacking.... or the bad guy sees an openly carried gun and decides to not attack that guy but instead wait for someone who looks like they don't have a gun.. you know.. a CC'er.

Well said! That follows with my beliefs and if you have read my other posts you will know that I personally feel that if All Law Abiding Citizens carried firearms openly, the criminals would be thinking twice about who they would be willing to victimize and guess what.. they might be picking on those who carry concealed.. I just love that visual. An armed assailant grabbing someone they think is easy prey and pointing a gun at them to have that victim pull their concealed piece from hiding and without letting on put the barrel against the assailants crotch and shooting.

You seem to forget that not only does OC mean Open Carry, it also means Original Carry. CC is a fairly recent development for firearms owners, whereas the original constitutions of several states made explicit provision for open carry. CC'ers have fought a couple of problems.

But then again in some circles, CC stands for Constitutional Carry which is the same as Open or Original Carry.
Just food for thought.
Point being, practicing your 2nd Amendment right to carry and being a Law Abiding Citizen is what is really important. The manner of carry really shouldn't matter. I for one obtained my Concealed Carry Permit (CCP) just so that when I put a jacket on that covers my firearm from view I will not be breaking the law by carrying concealed without a permit.

Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:272981 said:
Do all CC'ers have this latent desire to be judge, jury and executioner?

Dang it. I wasn't going to post.

A person who was really concerned about their family's well being would be more interested in not putting them through the trauma of an attack, the possibility of seeing someone shot, and the possibility of the expense of court cases both criminal and civil which could end up bankrupting the entire family rather then saving the rest of the world from one criminal.

A real sheepdog will protect the flock that they actually have charge and care over rather than sacrifice them to save the rest of the sheep in the world. Deterring the criminal has the most benefit to MY family regardless of whether or not MY family is even present when it happens, because of the consequences they will have to suffer even if it is only myself that I have take action to protect.

Why don't you ask your wife and children what they would prefer? The criminal leaves you and them alone, or you get to play hero and save the rest of the world from a criminal?

Just because you shoot someone and stop an attack, there are still victims.

Victims of trauma are more easily curable then victims of death. Don't get me wrong i clearly see where your coming from. I guess it all depends on what your interpretation of a sheep dog is. However take into consideration that the criminal you just let go, he flees gets smarter, and the next person he attacks isn't a stranger, isn't someone else's mother, sister, daughter in fact its a member of your family; your daughter, son, wife, parents etc. By your attitude then the person that finds them, being violated, beaten, raped, stolen from will also think, you know what my families more important than these people. I hope you see what I'm saying as well, and that what I'm saying holds a valid truth.

I will fully agree that a victim who is traumatized from viewing the sight of someone getting shot (possibly killed) is curable.
Now, To help me clarify where you're coming from.. Please answer a couple of questions.
Are people less traumatized by the fact that you hide that you are carrying and then possibly have to draw and shoot someone while they watch?
Are criminals going to be less likely to act against anyone in your vicinity while you are present and carrying concealed?

Do not get me wrong, I fully believe that All Law Abiding Citizens should carry firearms, but I will not support any form of a Mandate that they do so as any mandate for or against something is a loss of a freedom to choose for ones self and that goes against the very reason I served this Great Nation as a protector of Freedom and why I still volunteer in my own ways to protect my fellow Americans and our way of life.

When it come to how I carry, I actually prefer the idea/concept of Constitutional Carry but as I do ride a motorcycle in the Pacific Northwest (.

My Uncle lived in your neck of the woods...He was a reclusive person and lived 5 miles from the end of the road. I recall a story of my Aunt breaking her leg, and he rolled her out of the woods in a wheel barrow.

He shot several films in that area and in the Brooks Range in Alaska...He did one film for Disney in your area...He loved the Olympic Mountains....

None of us can make a generalized statement as to who is bashing who. As with all issues I think people on both sides of the argument have equally slammed the opposing position. The comments I've read back and forth tell me the bulk of the posters can only agree to disagree. Who starts it? Who's right? No one will ever know and no one will ever win the argument. Time to bury these rediculous arguments.

after your son is blown away while working at a subway sandwich shop.by some criminal ,come talk to me about why i will forever open carry,I am nutty

after your son is blown away while working at a subway sandwich shop.by some criminal ,come talk to me about why i will forever open carry,I am nutty

Hey Jay,
Welcome to the forum.
If this happened to you and you talk from experience & pain, may I offer you my heartfelt condolences for your loss.

-

It just seems like once every week or two we'll get a thread on here that just turns into childish bickering. So to settle this debate do as i do. I like to carry one pistol CC and another OC. That way i can appease both sides of the issue. But when im feeling really squirrely, i like to also sling the AR onto my back...
Obviously this is sarcasm. Im just trying to make a point. These threads only show me who the biggest babies on this site are.

Concern yourself less with the motives of others, and focus on the reasons why you carry. How "The Other" chooses to carry his firearm is not your concern.

Just curious. Does this make you a bi-carrier or tri-carrier? I have been kind of bi-carrier curious...lol

I think the OC crowd is kind of nutty, just like the Westboro Baptist Church is kind of nutty. Every group has their nutty folks, and in the gun owners/lovers world, the OC'ers are nutty, IMO. Kind of like motorcycle riders...we all love 2 wheels, the wind in our face, etc., but the HD riders think their chit don't stink, and if you ride a Honda then you are not a true biker. I am mostly turned off by the attitudes from the OC'ers, much like I am turned off by the attitudes of the HD riders. Open carry to your hearts content, I just wonder if you don't hurt the cause more than you help.

People hiding the guns, it what hurt the cause, that's not opinion. In states with OC people see a guy with a gun, and whether they agree with it or not, they know that people can do it. In a state that doesn't or isn't used to seeing a guy with a gun on his hip SHTF! and out goes the MWAG call! You bring up the Bikers segregated themselves, then do it yourself? WHY? Isn't the RKBA as much about RIGHTS as it is protecting outselves?

How many times do we tell the Anti's that the RKBA Shall NOT be infringed, then people who only CC bashed OCers exercising their rights? Hipocrisy at it's best! I think people who are okay with CC and not OC need to come to terms that they ARE Anti's! It is NO different than IL saying yes, you can have guns, INSIDE your house!

Dude I'm very sorry for your loss. I pray you and your Family can find peace..One day you shall be reunited!

Perhaps we can start a thread in the cc section about how the cc'er in Florida "Baited" the 17year old into a situation where he had to defend himself.

not_this_crap_again.jpg

Link Removed

totalbs.jpg

forumtroll2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back