I liked this one. My mother sent this to me.

6shootercarry

Good old Mom knows how I feel and what I think is funny.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel "Pick up
your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the
Promised Land".

Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your
asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land".

Now Obama has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of
Camels, and mortgaged the Promised Land.

Furthermore, I was so depressed last night thinking about
Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings,
Social Security, retirement funds, etc... I called the
Suicide Help Line . Got a call center in Pakistan. I told them I was
suicidal.

They got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.

I love Mom..:biggrin:

Peace...

Good old Mom knows how I feel and what I think is funny.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel "Pick up
your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the
Promised Land".

Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your
asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land".

Now Obama has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of
Camels, and mortgaged the Promised Land.

Furthermore, I was so depressed last night thinking about
Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings,
Social Security, retirement funds, etc... I called the
Suicide Help Line . Got a call center in Pakistan. I told them I was
suicidal.

They got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.

I love Mom..:biggrin:

Peace...

The last time I heard this one was when LBJ was president. About LBJ it was funny...About BerryO its tragic.:hang3:

The last time I heard this one was when LBJ was president. About LBJ it was funny...About BerryO its tragic.:hang3:

Yea. Sad it is. I'm sure the supreme court justice stepping down will help BO's cause. P.O.S. as far as I'm concerned. :to_pick_ones_nose3:

Peace...

My Mom and I routinely shared the most ribald, irreverent jokes and laughed to tears. Sure hope the Lord has a real good sense of humor.

Miss my mother, we always did the same thing... but I'm sure... she's laughing.

This is a good one, wish my mother was here to share it with, but I did share it with my daughter.

Love it. Reminds me of this one... (It's been floating around for a while, so you may have seen it already)

The Lord & Noah

The Lord speaks to Noah and says:

"In one year I am going to make it rain and cover the whole earth with water until all is destroyed. But I want you to save the righteous people and two of every kind of living thing on the earth. Therefore, I am commanding you to build an Ark."

In a flash of lightning, God delivered the specifications for an Ark. Fearful and trembling, Noah took the plans and agreed to build the Ark.

"Remember," said the Lord, "You must complete the Ark and bring everything aboard in one year."

Exactly one year later, a fierce storm cloud covered the earth and the Lord saw Noah sitting in his front yard weeping.

"Noah." He shouted, "Where is the Ark?"

"Lord please forgive me!" cried Noah. "I did my best, but there were big problems. First, I had to get a permit for construction and your plans did not comply with the codes. I had to hire an engineering firm and redraw the plans.

Then I got into a fight with OSHA over whether or not the Ark needed a fire sprinkler system and flotation devices.
Then my neighbor objected, claiming I was violating zoning ordinances by building the Ark in my front yard, so I had to get a variance from the city planning commission.

I had problems getting enough wood for the Ark, because there was a ban on cutting trees to protect the Spotted Owl. I finally convinced the U.S. Forest Service that I needed the wood to save the owls. However, the Fish and Wildlife Service won't let me catch any owls. So, no owls.

The carpenters formed a union and went out on strike. I had to negotiate a settlement with the National Labor Union. Now I have 16 carpenters on the Ark, but still no owls. When I started rounding up the other animals, I got sued by an animal rights group. They objected to me only taking two of each kind aboard.

Just when I got the suit dismissed, the EPA notified me that I could not complete the Ark without filing an environmental impact statement on your proposed flood. They didn't take very kindly to the idea that they had no jurisdiction over the conduct of the Creator of the universe.

Then the Army Corps of Engineers demanded a map of the proposed new flood plain. I sent them a globe.

Right now, I am trying to resolve a complaint filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission that I am practicing discrimination by not taking godless, unbelieving people aboard!

The IRS has seized all my assets, claiming that I'm building the Ark in preparation to flee the country to avoid paying taxes.

I just got a notice from the state that I owe some kind of user tax and failed to register the Ark as a recreational water craft."

Finally the ACLU got the courts to issue an injunction against further construction of the Ark, saying that since God is flooding the earth, it is a religious event, therefore unconstitutional.

I really don't think I can finish the Ark for another 5 or 6 years!" Noah wailed.

The sky began to clear, the sun began to shine and the seas began to calm. A rainbow arched across the sky. Noah looked up hopefully. You mean you are not going to destroy the earth, Lord?"

"No," said the Lord sadly. "The government already has."

That is not new....it came out when LBJ was president,,,,

Ken

Never wrote it was new, just indicated it was funny and that dear old Mom sent it along. :pleasantry:

Funny how things like this find their way around again. The names change, but the story is still the same..
Perhaps We the People will learn and the jokes will be just that, funny jokes not sad and tragic commentary on the state of affairs...

Peace...

If you keep making fun of the platypus you may be required to attend a government mandated diversity training class.:sarcastic:

Is that the class that moves harassment to the next level? If so, sign me up.

CWM, Do you have to go all the way to Australia for your example? Didn't you see the 2A March pictures? :biggrin:

Hey wait a minute, I think your makin fun of me... (said with the voice of Beaky Buzzard)

Beaky-Buzzard-256x2561.png

Yea pretty funny lookin group huh?

Peace...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back