Votes: 67 42.4%
  • 3- One in the weapon, two extra.

Votes: 42 26.6%
  • 4 - One in the weapon, 3 extra.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • More than 5 total magazines.

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
As a CCW, not considering duty, or mags in your vehicle or in close proximity.

How many mags do you carry on your person when CCW?

Maybe if I carried a 1911 with 8 rounds I'd concider carrying a spare. But I have 16 now and if I need more, I'm in Deep....

Maybe if I carried a 1911 with 8 rounds I'd concider carrying a spare. But I have 16 now and if I need more, I'm in Deep....

I carry an extra magazine not for the extra rounds but because from my own research the part most likely to fail in any handgun (including Nighthawks, semi-custom, and custom) is the magazine. You'd be hurting in a real bad way should the magazine foul up. I do agree if you need more than 16 you don't need another mag you need a swat team.

I carry a 1911 ccw with 18total rounds (one extra)
and a G17 on duty with 52 rounds..(two extra) my Glock came with 3 mags, the mag pouch holds 2 so I figured why not...

One extra mag for my HK plus a Glock 19 as back up. So I guess you would say three mags.

If I'm carrying my .380 Makarov (8 round mag + 1 in the chamber) I carry an extra magazine.
If I'm carrying my FEG P9r, 14 rounds and 1 in the chamber suffice (hopefully).

3 total 37 rounds one in the pipe with HK USP .45, then there is the 3 more with the BUG depending on the day that is the XD-9 or the XDM .40 but in either case that is another 55 rounds on me... yeah i travel heavy.....

I just carry the 10 rounds in the pistol..
I'm not in a war zone and likely if something happens it is going to be one or maybe two BG's.
I may be wrong, but 10 should be sufficient, or the SWAT team will be on the way..

If I lived in the big city like I used to, I may feel differently, but 10 is enough for me to feel comfortable.

I carry a spare mag for my .380 because it only holds 7, and the likelyhood of missing the target with my gun is good because it is a mouse gun. 13 rounds is hopefully enough for battle 5 minutes or less.

Well, I carry just the one right now with one up the pipe for a total of 14 in my Glock 23. I bought holster for my spare mag but I'm just trying to still get used to having something on my right hip without adding something on my left too. LOL

Well, I carry just the one right now with one up the pipe for a total of 14 in my Glock 23. I bought holster for my spare mag but I'm just trying to still get used to having something on my right hip without adding something on my left too. LOL

I've always found that carrying some weight on both sides helps with the distribution and doesn't leave me feeling "uneven"

It isn't so much balance or distribution but bump and concealment. First I have to get over worrying about whether anyone can see the Glock before I start adding another bump on the other side of my body.

One extra mag for GLOCK 26 (21 rounds counting one in the hole).
One extra mag for BUG (13 rounds counting one in the hole).

I carry three mags( one in the gun) two more on my left side for a total of 45 rounds. But now that my mag pouch does not fit on the 5.11 belt I find my self carrying just my M&P 40 and no mags.

I carry an extra magazine not for the extra rounds but because from my own research the part most likely to fail in any handgun (including Nighthawks, semi-custom, and custom) is the magazine. You'd be hurting in a real bad way should the magazine foul up. I do agree if you need more than 16 you don't need another mag you need a swat team.

I carry a 1911 ccw with 18total rounds (one extra)
and a G17 on duty with 52 rounds..(two extra) my Glock came with 3 mags, the mag pouch holds 2 so I figured why not...

You hit the nail on the head ClearSightTactical! I also carry an extra mag mainly to fix malfunctions. Like you said an extra mag will cure many malfunction issues. Here is a perfect example. I came home one night after working all day and running some errands. As I took off my holster and set it on my counter I noticed the mag had jarred loose. So if I would have needed to defend myself that day after one shot the mag would have hit the ground. It would have been much easier to grab the spare on my belt then to try to pick up a mag on the ground, while trying to find cover.

As of now I carry my Kimber and one extra mag

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back