Gun Owners of America Oppose Eric Holder

gvaldeg1

NRA Member
The Gun Owners are America (GOA) have come out with vigorous opposition to Obamas pick for Attorney General, Eric Holder. Holder is and has been an outspoken anti-gunner who is on record opposing just about every pro-gun issue imaginable including the Second Amendment and the right to keep and bear arms (RKBA). he will undoubtedly try to contravene or circumvent the recent Supreme Court decision on D.C. v Heller. The GOA has provided an easy way to contact your Senators to oppose the appointment of Eric Holder:

Gun Owners of America Opposes Attorney General Nominee

This is something that all of us who believe in our RKBA need to do. This could be the most disastrous appointment in recent years in terms of infringing upon the rights of gun owners.

An anti gun president appointing an anti gun attorney general. Is anyone really surprised? We gun owners should have worked harder to keep Obama out of office. Now, barring something about his citizenship status coming to light, we're stuck with him for at least the next four years.

An anti gun president appointing an anti gun attorney general. Is anyone really surprised? We gun owners should have worked harder to keep Obama out of office. Now, barring something about his citizenship status coming to light, we're stuck with him for at least the next four years.

Not sure what else we could have done. There are just to many voters that are clueless.

Not just over turning gun rights. But i can see this one coming. All Self defense shootings will be ruled as murder and he will make it a crime to defend one's self with a firearm.

You say "we gun owners should have worked harder". Don't bemoan it or give up! Keep working! Go to the GOA site that I posted and send emails to your Senators opposing Eric Holders appointment. He hasn't been confirmed yet! Do something! Once he's confirmed this issue is over. I'm a little surprised that more people haven't responded to this. Here's the link again:

http://gunowners.org/a011309.htm

Remember, this OUR government. Take part in it and express yourselves. We can't let the D.C. v Heller verdict be a hollow victory.

Last edited:
anti gun attorney general

Thanks for the post I sent in my protest and also sent emal to some friends to get the word out.

:thank_you2:

+1. Wrote to both AL senators and my representative and asked them to vote no on Holder. I too would like to see more people getting involved.

Voting block

Not sure what else we could have done. There are just to many voters that are clueless.

The gun vote did not show up this year. I know many of us on this site voted. Some even voted for Obama. JTollet??? Had every single gun owner in the United States gone to the polls and voted for the pro gun candidate in the Presidential election, Senators, Reps and local reps included, the landscape would look much different. I'm not saying that Republicans are the only pro gun party....there are plenty of them who have a lousy record on gun issues as well. However, the Dem party and its leadership is on record as anti gun. We need not look any further than those who influence the Dems the most....Brady Bunch, Sierra Club, PETA, Moveon.org, N.O.W., the list goes on. Look at who their leaders are in the Senate, Kennedy, Schummer, Durbin, Feinstein....need I say more? Their leaders in the House, Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi....need I say more? The country is on a virtually evenly weighted seesaw right now when it comes to the issues. However, our representation is completely out of whack due the fact we have Dem majority in the House, Senate and White House now. Our only hope is to retain the 5-4 majority at the Supreme Court. If not, our 2A rights could go either way in the next 4 years.

Surfcc

".....Some even voted for Obama. JTollet??? "

Don't bother looking for him. Election's over, he's gone. Most likely, he was one of those "volunteer" online trolls tasked with visiting, joining, and posting on various forums to "counter" the Conservative voices bemoaning Obama.

".....Some even voted for Obama. JTollet??? "

Don't bother looking for him. Election's over, he's gone. Most likely, he was one of those "volunteer" online trolls tasked with visiting, joining, and posting on various forums to "counter" the Conservative voices bemoaning Obama.

It IS amazing how fast JW disappeared, isn't it? I bet he didn't even say "Goodbye" to GlockFan.

It IS amazing how fast JW disappeared, isn't it? I bet he didn't even say "Goodbye" to GlockFan.

I am just wondering if he will be back after his messiah has finished trashing the Constitution and destroying America?

Last edited:

Hate to say "I told you so." :wink: I figured that if we refrained from feeding the "trolls" like "potty boy", they'd eventually go away.

I wish him the best as I'm sure he's now in DC freezing his a$$ off. I'll bet he'll have a lotta fun waiting in line to use one of the 5,000 port-a-potties. :haha:

All I can say is that I'm glad that troll is gone. Like HK, I'm wondering if he'll be back when BHO begins to destroy our country. Hope he stays away, but then again, you never know. :eek:

gf

I checked his stats. He posted into mid December, which is 3 weeks longer than I expected.

Did anyone get a reply back wihen they wrote their senator? I got a bs one talking about his record blah blah, nothing about support of anti gun and that maybe senator durbin will not support or anything. what crap. Senators are supposed to on our side, not ignore us

I am expecting a reply any day now. Mine have always written me back and they have always been on my side of things 100% of the time.

Thats the best Part. No its just that the Majority needs Food, shelter, and affordable health care. If you cant affort to eat you cannot buy ammo or guns, and still be healthy enough to shoot in an economy thats around the corner from another great depression. I love my guns, But I also as a man of god hate to see people suffer from ill descions made by an incompotent president. And I have contaced my senator and voted no for holder as well.

:agree:

Eric Holder Update ...

I found this article this evening..

Bloomberg.com: U.S.

Jan. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Link Removed’s nomination to be U.S. attorney general received a boost when his confirmation was endorsed by Link Removed of Pennsylvania, the ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee.
The panel meets tomorrow to vote on Holder’s nomination by President Link Removed to be the first black to lead the Justice Department. The committee’s approval would clear the way for full Senate confirmation later this week. The panel put off the vote for a week as Republicans demanded fuller responses from Holder on some issues.
Specter had grilled Holder during Jan. 15 confirmation hearings about his role in President Link Removed’s 2001 pardon of fugitive financier Link Removed. The senator told reporters today that Holder “was candid in conceding” that “he made a mistake” in acquiescing to the pardon when Holder was deputy attorney general.
He “is entitled to the benefit of the doubt in the context of the excellent record that he has,” Specter said. He also said he was influenced by the endorsement of Holder by former FBI Director Link Removed.
Specter noted that Freeh called the pardon of Rich “a corrupt act” yet supported Holder because his role was minimal. Freeh headed the Federal Bureau of Investigation under Clinton.
Congressional Probe
Clinton’s pardon of Rich on his last day in office triggered congressional and criminal investigations. A House panel concluded that Rich’s former wife, Denise, used her relationship with Clinton as a major donor to his presidential library to lobby for the pardon. No criminal charges were brought.
Judiciary Committee Chairman Link Removed, a Vermont Democrat, predicted that Holder, 58, will be confirmed.
Several Republicans on the panel have voiced concern that Holder might prosecute U.S. intelligence agents for using harsh interrogation tactics to question suspected al-Qaeda operatives.
Holder testified that waterboarding, a technique used to simulate drowning, amounted to torture. The CIA has said it waterboarded several al-Qaeda operatives, which was authorized by a Justice Department legal opinion.
Specter said Holder gave a “satisfactory answer” that “an authoritative legal opinion” from the Justice Department “is a defense” to allegations that an intelligence agent abused a suspected terrorist during interrogations.
Further, Specter said Obama “has the right approach when he said that it’s preferable not to look backwards but to look forward” because “if every administration started to reexamine what every prior administration did, there’d be no end to it. This is not Latin America.”

Did anyone get a reply back wihen they wrote their senator? I got a bs one talking about his record blah blah, nothing about support of anti gun and that maybe senator durbin will not support or anything. what crap. Senators are supposed to on our side, not ignore us

Nothing yet from mine....Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker of TN.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back