Concealed carry badges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the Marines did my time and at no point did i want to pretend I was still a Marine. 50 - 50 cops are wantabes anyways. The other half were military and fit for duty. I would get one of these badges just to piss the lower half off. If you're smart you have a good lawyer and if the dumb cop was smart he'd be a lawyer. The badge is just metal no matter who is wearing it, doesnt mean anything unless you think it does. You have as much right to own one as the other guy who is law abiding. let us not forget police are still civilians, you have the right to carry your badge just like they do. I do not own one of this badges fyi but if I ever found one cheap you better belive i'd grab it, just to show I can with out worring bout some charges my lawyer will handle.

So why are we worrying about a thread that died a year ago? Unless we're looking to start trouble?

Why I Wear the Badges. Yes, 'badges' plural.

Let me be the lone voice of those brave few who dare to strap on the CCW shields and patrol the street every day. I have hesitated to do this because it would seem self-serving. But alas, the time has come for Gold-Shielded-CCWers to let the world know about the contributions we make on a daily basis.

I carry five of these much-maligned CCW badges.

Badge #1 is kept in the center of my Tri-Fold Wallet, so that when I display it, it is accented by my CCW permit on the left, and my Players Club Gold Card on the right (which entitles me to great discounts on food, entertainment, and accomodations throughout the world, baby).

Badge #2 is kept clipped to my belt on my right hip in front of my main carry piece, A Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in .480 Ruger with it's 3-9X50 scope.

Badge #3 is proudly displayed on my left hip in front of my backup piece, my trusty .500 Smith&Wesson.

Badge #4 is glued to the holster on my right ankle, where you will find my trusty, though somewhat underpowered, Cold Combat Commander.

Badge #5 is likewise attached to the holster on my left ankle, where you will find my GUN-OF-LAST-RESORT. I hope never to have to draw this anemic weapon, for it is a mere Colt Python chambered for the impotent .357 Magnum cartridge.

(I know what you are thinking. 'Here is a well-armed man. But how does he conceal all of those?' It is simple. I have a photographers vest to conver the waist-guns. Since I am 5'8" tall and 340 impressively molded pounds, I have the vests made special. The ankle guns are covered by cargo pants in the summer, or thick woolen hunting socks when I wear shorts. When loungin on the beach, I use a mumu to cover it all. Ammunition is, of course, carried in two fanny packs. One pack on the fanny. Another above the groin. When I venture into bad parts of town, I pull extra ammo behind me in a red wagon.)

I carry the badge(s) because i feel the decent people of this community have a right to know who is protecting them. The badge allows me to do this legally. You see, it is illegal to brandish a concealed weapon, but not illegal to show a CCW badge. CASE IN POINT....... I was at a quickie mart the other day paying for some canned chili and a slurpee-like drink when four roguish louts entered the store. As the clerk sacked my light snack, I pulled Badge #1 and showed it to him. When his worried eyes caught mine, I gave him a nod. A small nod to be sure, but one weighted with meaning. "I'll be in the parking lot," I told him, "Until this situation is resolved." I then exited the store and stood by my Hummer eating cold chili out of the can until the street gang had departed. Heaven knows what those Hooligans might had done had it not been for the presence of a Gold-Shielded-CCWer.

But I am only one man! Yes, a highly trained and well armed man who has studied six martial arts both in-person and through videos. But still I am just one man. What if there had been sixteen punks instead of four?

The answer is simple. I would have gone outside and found three more trusty citizens (my keen eye allows me to know who is truly trustworthy) and deputized them all as emergency Gold-Shield-CCWers. Happily, I would have had guns and badges for them all. Then we all would have stood in that parking lot ready to intervene against the gang menance erupting in the store. And, believe me, I had plenty of handcuffs and zip-ties with me for securing such a mob!

There is one more reason I carry the badge; it makes the police feel safer!

You jest? Think about it........... Even the best police officers are too burdened with their daily duties to truly master the warrior arts. What cop has time to study the deeper martial meanings hinted at by the late David Carradine in 'Kung Fu'? What cop has learned the Dim Mak. And what cop is allowed to carry a Ruger Super RedHawk? Cops can't - I can.

I think tomorrow I will drive out and find a policeman. Then I'll casually whip open my vest and let him see my Ruger Super Redhawk with my gold CCW shield in front of that. When his admiring eyes meet mine, I'll give him that same pregnant-with-meaning nod that I gave the clerk at the quicky mart.

I betcha that cop gets out and thanks me for being on the street looking out for not only him, but all the law-abiding citizens of this town in which I proudly wear The Badge.

Let me be the lone voice of those brave few who dare to strap on the CCW shields and patrol the street every day. I have hesitated to do this because it would seem self-serving. But alas, the time has come for Gold-Shielded-CCWers to let the world know about the contributions we make on a daily basis.

I carry five of these much-maligned CCW badges.

Badge #1 is kept in the center of my Tri-Fold Wallet, so that when I display it, it is accented by my CCW permit on the left, and my Players Club Gold Card on the right (which entitles me to great discounts on food, entertainment, and accomodations throughout the world, baby).

Badge #2 is kept clipped to my belt on my right hip in front of my main carry piece, A Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in .480 Ruger with it's 3-9X50 scope.

Badge #3 is proudly displayed on my left hip in front of my backup piece, my trusty .500 Smith&Wesson.

Badge #4 is glued to the holster on my right ankle, where you will find my trusty, though somewhat underpowered, Cold Combat Commander.

Badge #5 is likewise attached to the holster on my left ankle, where you will find my GUN-OF-LAST-RESORT. I hope never to have to draw this anemic weapon, for it is a mere Colt Python chambered for the impotent .357 Magnum cartridge.

(I know what you are thinking. 'Here is a well-armed man. But how does he conceal all of those?' It is simple. I have a photographers vest to conver the waist-guns. Since I am 5'8" tall and 340 impressively molded pounds, I have the vests made special. The ankle guns are covered by cargo pants in the summer, or thick woolen hunting socks when I wear shorts. When loungin on the beach, I use a mumu to cover it all. Ammunition is, of course, carried in two fanny packs. One pack on the fanny. Another above the groin. When I venture into bad parts of town, I pull extra ammo behind me in a red wagon.)

I carry the badge(s) because i feel the decent people of this community have a right to know who is protecting them. The badge allows me to do this legally. You see, it is illegal to brandish a concealed weapon, but not illegal to show a CCW badge. CASE IN POINT....... I was at a quickie mart the other day paying for some canned chili and a slurpee-like drink when four roguish louts entered the store. As the clerk sacked my light snack, I pulled Badge #1 and showed it to him. When his worried eyes caught mine, I gave him a nod. A small nod to be sure, but one weighted with meaning. "I'll be in the parking lot," I told him, "Until this situation is resolved." I then exited the store and stood by my Hummer eating cold chili out of the can until the street gang had departed. Heaven knows what those Hooligans might had done had it not been for the presence of a Gold-Shielded-CCWer.

But I am only one man! Yes, a highly trained and well armed man who has studied six martial arts both in-person and through videos. But still I am just one man. What if there had been sixteen punks instead of four?

The answer is simple. I would have gone outside and found three more trusty citizens (my keen eye allows me to know who is truly trustworthy) and deputized them all as emergency Gold-Shield-CCWers. Happily, I would have had guns and badges for them all. Then we all would have stood in that parking lot ready to intervene against the gang menance erupting in the store. And, believe me, I had plenty of handcuffs and zip-ties with me for securing such a mob!

There is one more reason I carry the badge; it makes the police feel safer!

You jest? Think about it........... Even the best police officers are too burdened with their daily duties to truly master the warrior arts. What cop has time to study the deeper martial meanings hinted at by the late David Carradine in 'Kung Fu'? What cop has learned the Dim Mak. And what cop is allowed to carry a Ruger Super RedHawk? Cops can't - I can.

I think tomorrow I will drive out and find a policeman. Then I'll casually whip open my vest and let him see my Ruger Super Redhawk with my gold CCW shield in front of that. When his admiring eyes meet mine, I'll give him that same pregnant-with-meaning nod that I gave the clerk at the quicky mart.

I betcha that cop gets out and thanks me for being on the street looking out for not only him, but all the law-abiding citizens of this town in which I proudly wear The Badge.

Modern day "Mall Ninja" :lol:

gf

Oh, NO! I like to believe in monsters. Think of this thread as
"The Thing That Couldn't Die" or some other wonderful undead creature that just won't quit..:sarcastic:
Locking the thread would spoil all that fun. :biggrin:

Hello TexasGun:
Not LEO but am NRA Instructor for CHP/CCWP and suggest that you do not carry a badge. Check the NRA web store and order one of thier very nice Conceald Handgun permit wallets as they have a large NRA medallion on the face that looks very offical.
Bill Weaver

Hello TexasGun:
Not LEO but am NRA Instructor for CHP/CCWP and suggest that you do not carry a badge. Check the NRA web store and order one of thier very nice Conceald Handgun permit wallets as they have a large NRA medallion on the face that looks very offical.
Bill Weaver

So a CHP badge is bad but a fake CHP badge is OK? I don't get it

CCW Badge

As a former Police Officer, detective, and Chief of Police, I would highly discourage carrying a badge if you are not law enforcement.

Yes, Security Officers frequently wear badges while in uniform, but they usually do not carry the badge when off duty. Security represents a limited scope of authority, and most can detain, even while using force to effect the detainment, but unlike most law enforcement, once they are off duty, they have no authority other than a private citizen.

Most states has statutes regarding impersonating a law enforcement officer. A reasonable person seeing you flash a badge while carrying a gun would logically assume that you are a cop.

If you want to carry a badge then get employment that requires a badge. Otherwise stay away from it. It will only cause you problems.

There are legitimate reasons for non law enforcement to carry badges, as there are several different levels and scopes of authority. Bail Agents, Security Officers, and other types of positions that may require that a person is detained or apprehended may need the badge as part of the scope of their authority.

A private citizen has no need to carry a badge. It is generally seen as a "wanna be" and considered bad taste.

I now work as a contract guard for the federal government and carry a gun and wear a uniform daily. When off federal property and off duty, I have no more authority than the kid bagging groceries.

Carrying a gun is for us to be enabled to protect ourselves and our loved ones. It has nothing to do with badges or other tactical clothing that wanna be people wear in order to boost their ego.

Too Many people do not understand the. Novelty phase of carrying a weapon, and clearly do not understand the concept of being "covert" as opposed to being "overt". We all go through it, but need to grow put of it.

CCW is a right that can be taken from us if too many immature people keep doing foolish things regarding carrying concealed.

If you are defending yourself and shoot someone, once able, you should be calling the police yourself and reporting the incident. Give the dispatcher you description, tell them you are carrying a gun, and ask them for directions of what you need to do. When the police arrive, your gun should be secured away from you if possible and you should keep your hands visible at all times, remain calm, and follow their commands.

You may be placed in handcuffs and even arrested. Stay calm and always request your attorney prior to agreeing to any questioning if you are being charged with a crime.

Simply put, if it's not a job requirement, you have no reason carrying a badge.

If your state requires them then of course comply.

Sincerely

Brownie222

No badges unless you are a LEO in my opinion......:no: Here is what it says on the FLorida CCW website.............:pleasantry:

The Division does not endorse these badges, but they are not illegal. There is nothing in Florida law that specifically prohibits companies from offering to sell these badges to Florida license holders, nor is there any provision that prohibits license holders from carrying such badges.

License holders should be aware that the use of official badges is prohibited in Florida Statutes in a couple of places. Section 30.46 specifies that a badge in the shape of a five-pointed star can be used by Florida sheriffs and deputy sheriffs only. Section 843.085 makes it unlawful to wear or display any authorized indicia of authority (including any badge) which could deceive a reasonable person into believing that such item is authorized by any federal, state, county, or municipal law enforcement agency.

Licensees should also take note that these badges do not substitute for identification or confirmation of your status as a holder of a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License. Only the license issued by the Division will serve as a means of identifying a citizen as a license holder.

The "We don't need no stinking badges" is getting sssssooooooooo darn old, sick of hearing it. the anti "cop" comments suck too, if you want to carry one so be it, its not for me or anyone else to judge unless you down right abuse it. I have badges for search and rescue, the government job and the security job I have. To carry another would be too much. Some people on here need to grow up, you carry a firearm in public! be an adult! maybe we should critisize the officials for issuing you a carry permit.

I agree with Sar-nut..It's getting old..Grow up and act like adults. I am not gay but I am not going to bash anyone here who is and I don't spend money on drugs and cigarettes but if you want to do it then do it. It is still a free country yet but won't be unless we get rid of obama. I didn't vote for him but I am not going to call those that did stupid, even if it is true. Besides if we followed the crowd who wants us to be like them we wouldn't be CCW carriers. Just people in the crowd..To each his or her own..Peace

I got one for you. I was at McD's and saw a cop waiting for his lunch. Slacks, shirt and tie, Glock on his belt and a badge right beside it. When he sat down I was across from him and saw the badge. It had a seal on it the US flag, and the banner over and under it which normally says CITY NAME (top)/POLICE(bottom) or the like. His said OPEN/CARRY. Yup! I wish I got a pic. I suppose it helps civilians not freak out at the sight of a gun, but still, come on.

His said OPEN/CARRY. Yup! I wish I got a pic. I suppose it helps civilians not freak out at the sight of a gun, but still, come on.

Dang good thing he had that badge... how else were you supposed to know he was open carrying?!? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back