Concealed carry badges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add, I think a badge, if seen, could also get you involved in a situation you would not want to get into the middle of. Minor squabbles and auto accidents are just a couple of things that I like to stay out of, and would not want anyone asking me to handle, thinking I was a LEO!

To add, I think a badge, if seen, could also get you involved in a situation you would not want to get into the middle of. Minor squabbles and auto accidents are just a couple of things that I like to stay out of, and would not want anyone asking me to handle, thinking I was a LEO!

To justify your point a number of years back I worked security at the plant and we had a uniform that mirrored the local PD security shield and all, N I was out getting food on a break ( no we had no weapons ) and there was a car bicycle accident and despite the fact that my arm patch said "Security POST" I had a pile of people pointing and wanting me to do something, as I had left my cell at the plant, I just shouted back Not a cop, call one!!!
Again badge bad idea.... If you want a real one run for Constable, and in most areas it gives you the right to carry just like the police....

Badge

BTW, if you honestly think the cops won't be able to tell you from the perp...consider not looking like a perp in the first place. There's a bias here, but society isn't perfect.

I was just wondering what a perp looks like? Some of the worst serial killers have been persons who you would never think of as a killer who were walking around in society fooling the police and some are still doing it..

I also think that a badge, if legal in the state that they live in, is a personal decision and that the ones who decide to get one should not be made fun of..Not everyone can get a CCP and they should be proud to be able to get one and as long as they don't play cop then go for it.

A lot of people think that we are stupid for carrying a gun, some think it is stupid to carry a badge if we have a CCP, does it really matter? I'd say if you want one, you deserve one, go for it. Think of it as a trophy for being an upstanding person. Just keep it concealed and you should have no problems.
Also remember that we are not Mall Ninjas, wanna be cops, or a sheepdog, just someone trying to protect ourselves..Enjoy :biggrin:

I Agree

I also agree here in nyc if you show a badge and your not a LEO you will be treated as a BG until everything gets straighten out..

BigTee

I would leave the badges to actual "first responders". Besides, if the SHTF in this country and civil war breaks out, the only people left wearing badges will be the communist thugs and traitors trying to impose obummers will on us... You wouldn't want to be mistaken for the enemy:no:

Badges"

The Attorney General has become aware of vendors selling concealed carry badges to holders of concealed handgun licenses. These badges are similar in shape and design to those used by law enforcement, and may appear to officers to be official identification. Please be aware that a badge is not required for carrying a concealed handgun and cannot be used as a substitute for the concealed handgun license issued by an sheriff. Displaying a badge may give the false, and illegal, impression that the holder is a law enforcement officer, and possibly leading to criminal prosecution for impersonating an officer. The badge may also attract attention from criminals who believe the holder is an officer.

Concealed carry badges????? Complete idiocy!!!!!!!! How about a sweatshirt or t-shirt that says "I pack a BIG gun!"

Good, bad or indifferent, every gun forum on the Internet has a thread just like this one. More surprisingly, is that some forum members actually use a CC badge as their forum avatar! Unfortunately, Hollywood has done a stupendous job at glorifying police work as glamorous and heroic. As a former LEO, I too got caught up in the hoopla’ of carrying a badge and wearing a uniform. However, it wasn’t long before I realized just how boring and mundane law enforcement could be. I would estimate that ninety percent of my time was spent writing reports, attending to barking dog calls, and drunks puking on me.

Regards,
Dan O.

badges are a BAD idea, imVho.

folks,

as a retired LEO, may i simply say that you are asking for TROUBLE, if you carry any sort of badge, IF you are NOT a LEO.

LOTS of people will assume that you ARE a police officer & that may well "draw fire"!- since my retirement, i seldom carry my "retired badge", as i don't want to be identified as a LEO, by any "COP-HATERS" out there.
(i do carry my retired ID in my wallet, for inspection if necessary.)

furthermore, i do some "security consulting" from time to time in a jurisdiction that requires me to wear a UNIFORM/BADGE/PATCHES, in order to be armed. - i INTENTIONALLY picked a color/style that does NOT look like that of any regional LE agency. - i HAVE been asked if i was "military".
(i use tropical worsted, i.e., TAN, shirt/pants in a "western cut", with black leather.)

just my opinion.

yours, TN46

folks,

as a retired LEO, may i simply say that you are asking for TROUBLE, if you carry any sort of badge, IF you are NOT a LEO.

LOTS of people will assume that you ARE a police officer & that may well "draw fire"!- since my retirement, i seldom carry my "retired badge", as i don't want to be identified as a LEO, by any "COP-HATERS" out there.
(i do carry my retired ID in my wallet, for inspection if necessary.)

furthermore, i do some "security consulting" from time to time in a jurisdiction that requires me to wear a UNIFORM/BADGE/PATCHES, in order to be armed. - i INTENTIONALLY picked a color/style that does NOT look like that of any regional LE agency. - i HAVE been asked if i was "military".(i use tropical worsted, i.e., TAN, shirt/pants in a "western cut", with black leather.)

just my opinion.

yours, TN46

Yeah +1 on that thought at one time I worked Plant security and they had chose a uniform that duplicated the local PD, and it was for a reason, during times of duress we were deputized to assist (had badges to show too) , but that was then and this is now and since that no longer happens I was very paranoid about the uniform and contentious being mistaken for the local PD, n no we were not armed.....:fie:

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD ANY MORE!! :fie:

I actually had no plan to respond to this thread until you told me not to... so then I had to ... right?

But it's OK, because I don't need my CCW badge anymore because I am going to buy VALID LAW ENFORCEMENT CREDENTIALS from the guys who have the other post going! :biggrin:

I was in the Marines did my time and at no point did i want to pretend I was still a Marine. 50 - 50 cops are wantabes anyways. The other half were military and fit for duty. I would get one of these badges just to piss the lower half off. If you're smart you have a good lawyer and if the dumb cop was smart he'd be a lawyer. The badge is just metal no matter who is wearing it, doesnt mean anything unless you think it does. You have as much right to own one as the other guy who is law abiding. let us not forget police are still civilians, you have the right to carry your badge just like they do. I do not own one of this badges fyi but if I ever found one cheap you better belive i'd grab it, just to show I can with out worring bout some charges my lawyer will handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back