Concealed carry badges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
34yvjoz.jpg

Yo Landor,
U say: "So how many of you would give up your CCW license if a law passed tomorrow that you had to have a CCW badge." Simple, I would glady swap a poorly-made card-stock WA state CC permit, which is easy to forge, damage, fuzz-out, a mere 2" x 3" back & white bit of card, easy to trash even if it gets wet or bent. If the badge was issued to me, with my mug shot and bar-coded, making it a lot harder to fudge

Sounds like WA just needs to give better CWP cards. The ones here in FL are printed on the same kind of plastic ATM-type card as our DLs, except there's no mag stripe. It does have a photo, info and holograms on the front though. They're not counterfeit-proof, but they'll survive until expiration.

I would kind of prefer that the Feds give out more durable SSN cards though. I've managed to destroy two so far and am waiting on #3 to come in the mail. Would it really be sacrilege to print them on plastic? I just want it to survive the washing machine.

I think a lot of you miss the point about 'natural' or 'god given' rights. CCW as it exists is unconstitutional. We all have an innate right to defense; to that purpose the Bill of Rights recognizes our 'Right to Keep and Bear Arms.'

That we have to jump through hoops and be licensed to exercise a right that is already ours is criminal on the part of the government. Arguing over badges is a sideshow because badges are meant to show rank, station, or purpose. Nobody needs to give notice of something everyone can rightfully do.

Last edited:
We all have an innate right to defense; to that purpose the Bill of Rights recognizes our 'Right to Keep and Bear Arms.'
I agree with that. If the UN were serious about the Declaration on Human Rights, they would have put the right to bear arms in there. We all have that right by virtue of existence.

In Texas, they are meaningless. And if a person were to misuse the badge, lets say the person uses it to impersonate a public servant with intent to induce another to submit to his pretended official authority or to rely on his pretended official acts, he or she will get a free ride downtown and temporary use of nickel plated braclets.

I am in Warrants, but if I was out and about and a person were to display the badge and mention he is a permit holder, I would say, show me your permit, that piece of tin means nothing.

The badge is not issued like the license. If it is not required we don't need it. The gun and the license are all we need. In fact some states have laws on the books that outlaw any badges that are not issued by a governmental agency.

As for security guards, they are required to wear a uniform with patches and/or badges. Their guns are also required to be worn in the open, not concealed.

Yo Landor,
U say: "So how many of you would give up your CCW license if a law passed tomorrow that you had to have a CCW badge." Simple, I would glady swap a poorly-made card-stock WA state CC permit, which is easy to forge, damage, fuzz-out, a mere 2" x 3" back & white bit of card, easy to trash even if it gets wet or bent. If the badge was issued to me, with my mug shot and bar-coded, making it a lot harder to fudge and it was included in the fee I had to pay for the CC process, would fit into my bill-fold hidden away from ADVERTISING the fact that I am carrying something that can kill U, then I would gladly make the trade-out, but still not flash the badge just like I don't flash my piece. Is semantics or tunnel vision your premise, or R U just bored and posted a no-brainer (ain't ever going to happen) onto USA-Carry?
"Some security guards even have badges." Well that's an astute observation, and many have the same shooters, cuffs, batons, spray-defense weapons, radios, cell-phones, etc. (and many of the powers of any LEO) to use lawful force to protect what they get paid for specific duties to protect, not protecting the general public, two entirely different gigs. I would expect to see an I.D. of clear and indisputable correctness displayed to me their symbols of authority to halt me as I was climbing the wall of the local Wal-mart @ 2am with an empty duffle-bag or 3 and their security don't take: "U got no badges so bugger-off!" for an answer. A simple 'Security' shirt/bomber jacket I.D.'s them just fine, and they are in the business of showing off the fact that they can do U harm if you do stupid stuff, we R not and don't get paid for doing that. They may not even need a badge, just as IMHO we CC permit carrying citizens don't.
You go on to say: "Sorry folks but these answers are not about badges but more like a badge with a gun.. " No the issue is not about badges for CC weapons carry types, it is about the fact that online and in most big towns/cities you can buy any current local LEO/FBI/DEA/INS, etc, whole make-up, make-overs which allows you to con most of the public into trusting you, or is that a hard concept for you to fathom? Check your headspace & timing as your M2 is malfunctioning trooper!

Canis-can't-believe-some-mind-sets-Lupus :ninja:

WOW, did I deserve all that...

I feel sorry for you... :(

Does that mean security guards are pretending to be cops because they wear the exact same uniforms as cops just different patches. Some security guards even have badges. I will use any piece of hardware it takes to save my life. I do not have a badge but when I see answers like you are pretending to be a cop, that is plain BS. Some mayor's has a badges, non police / non security government officials have badges. A lot of people have badges that are not police.

So how many of you would give up your CCW license if a law passed tomorrow that you had to have a CCW badge.

Sorry folks but these answers are not about badges but more like a badge with a gun.. One or the other is fine but both together automatically screams cop. That is stereotyping. :)

Yeah, you did. Actually, the stereotyping comment would have been sufficient. :icon_think:

Firemen, PIs, All sworn but not gun carring Law enforcement Have badges.IRS FBI CIA Mail Inspectors Code inforcement dog catchers Why not armed citizens? If it could slow down a bad situation. Hell bad guys scream police when crashing into homes to slow down fire.

Wow!!! I wonder why this topic seems to bring out the worst forum behavior in so many posters? Ad homonym attaches are never appropriate. The signal to noise ratio in this thread makes it useless for information, mostly makes me cringe and sometimes makes me smile. So I keep reading and hoping for something surprising.

Firemen, PIs, All sworn but not gun carring Law enforcement Have badges.IRS FBI CIA Mail Inspectors Code inforcement dog catchers Why not armed citizens? If it could slow down a bad situation. Hell bad guys scream police when crashing into homes to slow down fire.

You might be able to carry a Concealed Carry Badge, depending on your local/State laws,however,they are meaningless. Bad guys who yell Police when crashing into homes are adding another felony to their robbery charges.

Last edited:
Hi Landor,
We agree to disagree, fine, that's what forums R for, just points of view, as different as the pistol U chose or the woman U marry. If my words, concepts, avitar or 'Dead President' quote offend you, sign-in, go to Link Removed , left column under 'Networking' select 'Contacts & Friends' go to 'Edit Ignore List':
Link Removed (the fast way to get there) choose 'Add a Member to Your List'... and type in Canis-Lupus to your ignore list. Now you will not see my words, tales, G2, SITREP's, rants, opinions, jokes and general BS, or all those HMTL colors I love to use will NEVER be displayed any time you are on USA Carry to offend or upset you. That's called: 'Kill-filing' in USENET terms, normally used for X-posting obnoxious, '"over-quoting"', foul-mothed hated ab-users, Trolls, :taz: flamers and $pammers, but Landor I did think you and the 'badges deal' was getting out of hand & intransigent, and apparently 95% of the replies to that thread are anti-CC-badge, to include the good fella who runs this web-site! So silence me and start k/f-ing all those who don't fit in with your take on everything! After a while it gets lonely when you log-on and see no posts or replies to any you may have posted here.
Save your sorrow Buster for the unlucky CC person who gets dropped by a LEO reaching for his badge, but they thought he was reaching for something MUCH more dangerous than a bit of shiny metal to prove he was a good law-abiding citizen! Queen to King's rook 5, check!
I don't have anyone on my ignore list, got me about 6 buddies who post great stuff, and I will not add you to my ignore list. I prefer to read the 24 posts & replies you got to your credit since signing-on-board 10-18-2007, mostlly as tag-ons you throw onto other's threads. BTW I liked your 'me-centric' web-page: Link Removed . No links to badge vendors or USA Carry yet...... :mp230603212422Murde

Canis-Lupus :chees:

I still feel sorry for you :(

When the deaf mute man in new york reached for his card and was shot 40 times I think we all learned not to reach for anything when guns are drawn. Now youall behave and carry what you want just keep your hands in the clear.

Instead of badges, why not have a little slot in your permit to feed an ID clip through? I think if you wanted to identify yourself to police as a permit holder after an incident, you could just clip your permit to your pocket or collar and there would be no doubt as to whether you were the perp or the law-abiding CCW holder.

This is kind of a meaningless argument. There is no chance of a Reservoir Dogs-style Mexican standoff, but with the added improbability that the cops show up and are totally confused as to who the bad guys and good guys are. Life is not a bad B action movie.

A CWP does not grant you automatic immunity as it is NOT a get out of jail free card. It's not a witness that can fully corroborate your version of events. Whether you are or are not a criminal would be more dependent on the pattern of events that unfolded. The police (or later, a judge) should consider whether your account checks out with reality, and whether the situation fits the pattern of a crime.

1. An incident happens.
  2. You draw your weapon and either shoot the perpetrator (in which case you reholster for safekeeping), or end up holding them at gunpoint.
  3. The cops show up. If you are still holding your weapon, they will ask you to put it down. You put it down.
  4. The police will confiscate your firearm and probably empty and secure it.
  5. The police ask for your CWP permit, and you give that permit to them.
  6. Not being an idiot, you act normal, and calmly inform the LEOs what happened.
  7. Witness accounts should roughly corroborate your story.
  8. During the next 4 hours or so while everyone stands around picking their ears and looking at the yellow police tape surrounding the scene, you'll have ample amount of time to be cooperative with LE and/or call your lawyer.
  9. You might get detained or arrested. Go along with them, and later you can figure out if you want to sue.

End of story. There's no badges, dangling CWP permits, CWP window stickers, or any other gimmicks needed. These will probably just make you seem less credible to the police, and more like you're a mall ninja looking for trouble.

BTW, if you honestly think the cops won't be able to tell you from the perp...consider not looking like a perp in the first place. There's a bias here, but society isn't perfect.

Hehe, kwo51... terse and amusing as always.

This topic makes me think of those little toy packages you see at grocery stores, with a set of a policeman's badge, belt, a hollow plastic nightstick and a little policeman's hat. Awww, how cute! We should all wear those when we carry.

Y.M.C.A.! It's fun to stay at the...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back