Church Carry

I think its perfectly ok to carry in church. I have heard of church shootings that have happened before. If i was going to do it i would make sure no one Knew

Church

When I was in Kosovo for the Army 2 years ago, we had to carry into Church. I always felt strange, and I noticed a lot of people took their sidearm off or left their M-16 at the end of the aisle.

I don't care if someone does, I guess I just hope that this is one place I'd never need it.

South Carolina, A CWP does not authorize carring a firearm in church. section 23-31-215 misdemeanor- $1000.00 and /or 1 year imprisonment & revocation of CWP for five years. Into a church or other established religous sanctuary except (with) expressed permission of the appropriate church official or church governing body.

Heh, that's if you get caught! I'd like to see the prosecutor press charges against me after I just saved an entire church full of people. They'd have a massive protest by the end of the day! Might be worth it just to get the legislation changed, so to speak. Stinks that something like that would have to happen for people to see the light.... All puns intended! :pleasantry:

Church CCW

At our church in Garland, Texas, if trouble breaks out there will be at least 1/2 dozen concealed guns close by. I can think of several men who carry. Our annual men's retreat has been jokingly called the beef, bible, and bullets retreat.

Okay, I see. I could be wrong, and I've not read them all, but I don't believe that Nevada has any such provision in the NRS.
You are correct.
As long as the church does not have a licensed child care facility or a K-12 school then you are fine. If they do then they are prohibited for open and concealed carry.

Sunday school is a gray area as there's no statutory definition of a school under NRS 202.

its your personal responsibility to carry no matter where it is as responsible citizen. as long as it dont break any laws. you should ask your friend why he is shucking his responsibility

I am a music minister and future Deacon. IF Illinois EVER gets concealed carry legislation (and I hope we do) would feel funny carrying a weapon in church.:victory:

Look on the web for the story of the shooting at Wedgewood Bapt. Church in Fort Worth. That happened about a mile from my house. My daughters best friend saw the whole thing. A few storys like this one should be enough to change his mind. Evil can strike anywhere. As I have said before unless one can see the future it is best to carry everywhere.
WOW a guy I worked with was there when that happend...... Small world.

UNLESS you have permission. :smile:
Mr. BGA is correct for Michigan...

28.425o Premises on which carrying concealed weapon prohibited; “premises” defined; exceptions to
subsection (1); violation.
(e) Any property or facility owned or operated by a church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship, unless
the presiding official or officials of the church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship permit the carrying of

concealed pistol on that property or facility.

Until he tells you it's hard to know what your brother is thinking. I carry everywhere carry is legal. Our Senior Pastor knows I do and a couple other CCW bros but that's only because we're an unofficial security team.

If a BG thinks a church is a "gun free" zone, guess where they're gonna go? And not to get saved!

Nothing wrong with having a talk with your brother letting him know why you do it. If he's a carrier, he'll understand. Bad things can happen in a church too.

As a pastor, I can say, I'm glad to know that there are guys carrying in the church. I've got a former LEO and at least one other CCW packing on most Sundays.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back