Church Carry

As for the earlier question, yes, although I can't be arrested for carrying on church property, I can be asked to leave if the pastor doesn't want me carrying there, as is the case for any place the law doesn't specifically mention as being off limits.

Then just make sure he does not know you are carrying and there is no problem. My guns are always well concealed. Nobody knows unless I want them to know.

That was exactly the lesson I learned from all this. Since my primary purpose in going to church is to worship and not worry whether or not others can see my gun, I'll just have to make sure I'm doing a good enough job concealing before I get there. After all, who wants to spend the entire service continuously pulling their shirt down or keeping their arms down at their sides while praising the Lord?

Just because my brother somehow thinks that bringing guns into church is somehow immoral, that's not going to stop me; a gun is nothing but an object and objects are not evil, people are. If anything, I'll just make sure I'm doing a better job of concealing from now on.

As for the earlier question, yes, although I can't be arrested for carrying on church property, I can be asked to leave if the pastor doesn't want me carrying there, as is the case for any place the law doesn't specifically mention as being off limits.

Hey Tatt -
If your pastor asks you to leave - come over to us - love to have you.

At one time I had a Treasury Agent, Two FBI Agents, a State Agent and three metro attending and no telling how many CCW's. It is common for one or two members to ease up to me in the morning and quietly inform me that they are carrying and alert. At least four of these are Front Sight members and others have received that training.

The preacher is really the one that ought to be carrying. He is usually the only one with a full view of the rear (usually where the doors are), and of all the people. Any trouble starts and he is the first to see.

I was a speaker on one lectureship program in Texas where the Theme for the week was Radical Islam and the Bible. We did receive advance notice that the local mosque would send reps. All those who were carrying wore an insignia known to each other in case something bad started and confusion set in. It seemed most everyone had that insignia by the time the Lectures began.

There was one experience that called for Trained Armed Security to be used. It put the congregation at ease. They were aware of a former member in another state that had made serious threats while on drugs. They also had just heard of one of the church shootings in another state.

Our congregation and the area is not this "rough" but it is a very safe environment. We still have members that are metro, state and FBI affiliated but the others got transferred. But my CCW buddies hang right in there. Only those who carry know that to be the case. No big deal - it is just the way it is and I like it that way.

There is a small number of members of our church that know I carry. One guy has been a friend, Sunday school member and fellow parent of a home schooled child. He is now the head custodian and plays in the band. He told my son once that on Sunday mornings he looks out to see where I am, just in case of trouble, because he knows I am one of a number of members that he knows is armed. There is no telling how many that carry at our church. Perhaps even the pastor.

Last edited:
its legal in SC as long as you have permission ... or don't get caught.
many of our churches actually put on the CWP class. they aim toward women' protection

Church carry

Vegasgun, great idea on the insignia. The Secret Service and police departments use a similar idea when they have a color of the day, and undercovers and plainclothes will be weaing an item of the proper collor conspicuously, so other cops know who they are. I think in places where there will be a lot of people, thecarriers should get together and have a plan of action in case TSHTF. I do know the SCA does not allow it's members to carry, even though you have people running around with swords, daggers, dirks and more. We had a bunch of bikers once who intended on having some illicit fun with a SCAdian girl. Someone yelled, "Oh, shit!" and hte ones holding the girl looked up to see a king with a live steel sword, about a dozen men at arms with fully drawn bows, backed up by about thrirty more men with swords, they decided to leave the event in peace.

Wandering Troubadour v Home Base Church

I don't have a "home church" where I worship or preach. I'm more of a wandering troubadour. Yet, whether I'm preaching, or just a visiting clergy, or just checking out a new Brick & Mortar establishment, I would probably not ask permission of any clergy or anyone else if I could cc or oc in that place of worship. I feel that it's strictly my business and the local LEO's business. That said, if I was to attend one church and one church only, and I knew the others who carried, maybe I'd think differently. Maybe I'd would like to know who has my back and I theirs. Yet, because I don't know, and lately from force of habit, I position myself in the room advantageously, as if no one else there carries. Even in church I try to stay out of the white zone. Sometimes it is very difficult indeed, but nothing I have to be concerned with when I attend services online!

South Carolina, A CWP does not authorize carring a firearm in church. section 23-31-215 misdemeanor- $1000.00 and /or 1 year imprisonment & revocation of CWP for five years. Into a church or other established religous sanctuary except (with) expressed permission of the appropriate church official or church governing body.

South Carolina, A CWP does not authorize carring a firearm in church. section 23-31-215 misdemeanor- $1000.00 and /or 1 year imprisonment & revocation of CWP for five years. Into a church or other established religous sanctuary except (with) expressed permission of the appropriate church official or church governing body.

Okay, I see. I could be wrong, and I've not read them all, but I don't believe that Nevada has any such provision in the NRS.

No Slaughter Of The "Lambs" ..........

While I'm around. Always carry!. Prepare for the worst and pray for the best! To many times do we see where an armed responsable person could of lessened the blood shead...even in a church! Practice good concealment all the time! Put a little thought into it and you'll have no problems!:victory:

Carry in Church!!

You Betcha I carry in Church ! I do this for two reason many a devastated spouse attends church for God,s help, and many abusive sociopaths who are the spouses of those poor souls know that's where they can find them.

Secondly Jesus himself said Let any man who has two coats sell one and buy a sword. What does any common sense reaction to that phrase tell you? The only reason he didn't say buy a gun is because the sword was the state of the art easily carried self defense weapon of the time. Remember Sam Colt hadn't been born yet.

Crime doesn't care that it's a church. An acquaintance told me I'm going to "burn in hell" because I did. WHAT THE HECK IS THE PROBLEM? I believe that if you're going to carry a gun, carry it ALL OF THE TIME. It doesn't matter what neighborhood you're in, who you're near, or how you feel. Selective carrying I think is just as safe as NOT carrying.

And besides, since when was weapons in a church a bad thing? Didn't all sorts of people carry weapons to church in the olde days? How many people died in the defense of god?

Crime doesn't care that it's a church. An acquaintance told me I'm going to "burn in hell" because I did. WHAT THE HECK IS THE PROBLEM? I believe that if you're going to carry a gun, carry it ALL OF THE TIME. It doesn't matter what neighborhood you're in, who you're near, or how you feel. Selective carrying I think is just as safe as NOT carrying.

And besides, since when was weapons in a church a bad thing? Didn't all sorts of people carry weapons to church in the olde days? How many people died in the defense of god?

An acquaintance told me I'm going to "burn in hell" because I did.

Did you ask him to show you scripture that says that?

haha nah, instead I went on a rant about how the church was build from weapons and how many died in the name of the church. He got saved by the bell because the movie was starting. He's been a military man for the better part of his life too.

Here in Georgia Church is one of the "Off-Limits" places of "public gathering" where law abiding folks become the "law breaker" and the bad guys don't care. It is even illegal to leave your firearm in your locked car in the parking lot. Though I know some folks carry in church regardless. We had legislation last session to help define the "public gathering" language but our Lt. Gov killed it saying he "didn't have the appetite for it" and "people ought to be content" with the way it is.

Last edited:
Interesting as I got my TN carry permit, there were three guys getting permits at the request of the church (the church paid for their classes) so that they coudl carry and maybe stop a robbery of the collection plate.

Bill :rolleyes:

Pastor asks you not to carry...

There has been a few discussions here about Pastor's permission, Pastor asks you to leave, etc....

The pastor may not have that authority. (Assuming it's not illegal by state law, most states it's not illegal to carry at church)... the pastor may not have the authority to permit or deny carry in the church. In most churches, the pastor is a paid employee who is hired by some higher church authority. The owner of the property/building of the church or the board granted authority to manage the property would be the proper authority to grant/deny weapons, unless that authority was delegated to the pastor.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back