Challenge

Well, let's see, the high for the day a couple days ago was -16 (today, I don't know, about 0). So, if you even show up at the range, let alone shoot anything, you're a badass (you Southern boys wouldn't even get out of the truck! :no: )

I'll have to wait for spring to take the challenge. But, I will...oh, I will. I just love when someone throws down on me! :biggrin:

Been their done that!

Well, let's see, the high for the day a couple days ago was -16 (today, I don't know, about 0). So, if you even show up at the range, let alone shoot anything, you're a badass (you Southern boys wouldn't even get out of the truck! :no: )

I'll have to wait for spring to take the challenge. But, I will...oh, I will. I just love when someone throws down on me! :biggrin:

We lived in Alaska for 4 years! Now I am southern due to the sudden onset of common sense due to brain thaw! Yes, I would get out of the truck. I tell you what If you out shoot my posted target verified by a credible witness, If we ever cross paths I'll buy you a soda!

Ahem,,,,,There are two things people can do in that cold of weather ,,,,,One explains obessity ,,,the other the birth rate,,to cold for much else. And right now down here,ITS FREEZING! And I'm nowhere near the homestead. Packing on the poundage!!

We lived in Alaska for 4 years! Now I am southern due to the sudden onset of common sense due to brain thaw! Yes, I would get out of the truck. I tell you what If you out shoot my posted target verified by a credible witness, If we ever cross paths I'll buy you a soda!

You're on Festus! Although, if it's bought up here, it would have to be a "pop". :pleasantry:

Ahem,,,,,There are two things people can do in that cold of weather ,,,,,One explains obessity ,,,the other the birth rate,,to cold for much else. And right now down here,ITS FREEZING! And I'm nowhere near the homestead. Packing on the poundage!!

Is it possible to pack on the poundage while still doing (ahem..) the other? Cause I'm still getting fatter!! :biggrin:

challenge

jj i won't just sit in the truck! i will wait for warm weather. as i don't have the disc at L3,L4,L5 any more and have authoritis in my back and ostioperosis in my spine and hips and my spine curves to the left. but i'll drive the 50 miles to our nearest range and you can judge for your self. i also have catteracts now and have to use a scope at 100yds or farther. by the way the post prior about the propane cylinder was shot off hand while standing. i quallifed expert with every weapon the army issued me and used to run the ranges for qualifcation for m-16,.38,.45 for the officers(most couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a .45 would say the dammed.45 was so bad noone could hit anything with them and i would take the same weapon and hit center mass and empty the clip the same)m-60 range,l.a.w.,m-79,m203,and the mini-gun on my kiowa. i don't have to prove myself to any one! but for your sake jj when it warms up i'll take my range mat and post my target for your edifycation!:biggrin:

Hit the range yesterday to try out the new stock I installed on my savage. Still have a little tweeking to do with the loads but she shot well. Here are three of the best 4 shot groups at 100yrds.

HPIM0556.jpg

HPIM0557.jpg

Good job Kimber!

Link Removed

Kimber has earned his place in the sub MOA group...HAVE YOU???

Get off your fat sorry excuse for a backside and get to the range!

Get on my ready line!

GET ON MY READY LINE...

MOVE IT

Link Removed

Kimber has earned his place in the sub MOA group...HAVE YOU???

Get off your fat sorry excuse for a backside and get to the range!

Get on my ready line!

GET ON MY READY LINE...

MOVE IT

Yea, I concur. Going tomorrow morning to the club I belong to.:laugh:

Grab your trusty bangstick and come with me...

1. clean you weapon
2. Zero your sighting system for 100 yds
3. CLEAN YOUR WEAPON
4. fire 1 fouling shot
5. fire a three round group for bragging rights.

Mine is .537 center to center with Savage 10FP prone on a bipod using Hornady 180 Gr SST bullets.

Pics of the target to come.
i'm going to load up all my gear and go to the range in the morning. i had the m-4 boresighted for the 3x9x50 Simmons about a month ago so i'll have to get it dialed in and have some shoot and see stickers . so there will probabably be some holes in the man sized target till i get it dialed in. but once i do ill add the shoot and see stickers and see if i can still shoot sub moa. and then will go to the pistol side of the range to see how my bursa thunder 9 ultra compact does at 25 yrds. so there will be larger holes in the target also but will take my camera and take pictures after the rifle and pistol rounds so you can see the difference. wish me luck , hope my skills haven't degraded that much. sincerly; oldvet53:pleasantry:

challenge

1. clean you weapon
3. CLEAN YOUR WEAPON
4. fire 1 fouling shot

Mine is .537 center to center with Savage 10FP prone on a bipod using Hornady 180 Gr SST bullets.

festus here is my target from today. m-4 shooting 100yds with .223 Remington 55 gr. fmj, 86 degrees,78%humidity.it keeps telling me file failed to upload. i have even tried to send a pm and send pics.but to no avail. can you think of why this is happening as it won;t let me download to my profile page. do i need permision from the forum modurator? any help would be appreciated. thanks; oldvet53:help:

I had problems with jpeg size

festus here is my target from today. m-4 shooting 100yds with .223 Remington 55 gr. fmj, 86 degrees,78%humidity.it keeps telling me file failed to upload. i have even tried to send a pm and send pics.but to no avail. can you think of why this is happening as it won;t let me download to my profile page. do i need permision from the forum modurator? any help would be appreciated. thanks; oldvet53:help:
It would not let me load photos until I cropped them down to a good size.

Welcome to the club! we need more riflemen!

Went to the conservation club I belong to yesterday. We have a pretty nice range there (300yd.). I was not shooting up to my usual par though. Some days I have it and some days I don't. Had a quartering wind doing about 15 to 20 mph most of the time - that did not help. In fact, I did my best shooting with a little P-64 Radom I have. After I did all of my long gun work, I decided to try my hand at steel from 50 yards. After I got the "hold under" figured out, I was dinging steel 5 out of 6 times with each magazine I loaded! :wacko:

1. clean you weapon
3. CLEAN YOUR WEAPON
4. fire 1 fouling shot

here is my target shot at 100yds. with my m-4, using 55gr. Remington FMJ. no wind 86 degrees, 78% humidity

Please Join The Club

here is my target shot at 100yds. with my m-4, using 55gr. Remington FMJ. no wind 86 degrees, 78% humidity

Link Removed

PLEASE JOIN THE CLUB!

Thanks for the good shooting! Please follow the link and join the MOA club social group!

Not there yet

Well, Festus, Still have work to do...

50 Yard Outdoor range.
Super Redhawk .44 Mag With a 2x Leupold

Winchester 240 gr Jacketed Soft Point
(32 rounds out of a box of 50)

Link Removed

Well, Festus, Still have work to do...

50 Yard Outdoor range.
Super Redhawk .44 Mag With a 2x Leupold

Winchester 240 gr Jacketed Soft Point
(32 rounds out of a box of 50)

Link Removed
nice work for 50yds. with a hand gun!:pleasantry:

ok, i just found this thread. this is very cool. i will be trying this out sunday afternoon. not sure if i should use the M4, or the .30-.06. maybe i'll try both

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back