Anybody carrying a small .45?

This thread has stretched out a few pages....I still carry my Para Stainless Warthog 45 and my Glock 27. One IWB and one ankle...I find the 45 has less recoil than my 27 Glock...I'm sure the weight of the 45 being stainless is the reason.

Very different guns and I love them for the differences...I have not had a FTF with either...I would not have the blue model or the Warthog as everyone I've seen has finish issues with the blue job after a couple of months... Also they look like the frame is aluminum ....I wanted a totally stainless for the weight and durability.

I tryed the same combination, but my Para had issues, the Glock never ever screwed, replaced the Para with Colt Defender, which has no issues whatsoever

I tryed the same combination, but my Para had issues, the Glock never ever screwed, replaced the Para with Colt Defender, which has no issues whatsoever

I had one of the blued models to start with and started reading about issues as soon as I got it home....I called the dealer the next morning and asked him to order me the stainless version since I had not shot the weapon.

Been very happy.....But I know others have had trouble.....Have not heard as many have issues with the stainless......

I had one of the blued models to start with and started reading about issues as soon as I got it home....I called the dealer the next morning and asked him to order me the stainless version since I had not shot the weapon.

Been very happy.....But I know others have had trouble.....Have not heard as many have issues with the stainless......

I think Glocks are like AK's...Pull the trigger and they go boom!

For guns that probably have a huge recoil the question would be the state of your wrists. I'm an olde geezer with over 30 years of keyboarding on computers so my wrists are a mess and even my Kel Tec PF9 and my S&W 642s hurt bad to fire. If your wrists are still in good shape go for it. If not, enjoy the pain.

For guns that probably have a huge recoil the question would be the state of your wrists. I'm an olde geezer with over 30 years of keyboarding on computers so my wrists are a mess and even my Kel Tec PF9 and my S&W 642s hurt bad to fire. If your wrists are still in good shape go for it. If not, enjoy the pain.

Good point.....Keep in mind the heavier the gun the less recoil...So there is a trade off if you want to carry the larger calibers..

But I you can not keep your wrist locked some of the autos will not recycle correctly.

I carry a 24/7 Pro C. I compared it to my cousin's Glock 26 and it's very similar in size & weight. (Just a little heavier) But, I have 11 rounds of 45acp. (13 if I use the extended mag)

It's even small enough for me to slip it in the pocket of my favorite jeans. (Using a pocket holster of course)

-

I have a 24/7 Pro DS that I've carried quite a lot. It's a good pistol.
Some folks abovd were talking about finish..
I like stainless for rust resistance. Frankly though I don't care if the finish isn't perfect on my carry guns. A little holster wear makes em work better.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Well now you have, mine was stainless, it was a good looking gun, but when I was hunting a 3 inch 1911, I tryed a Kimber, Sig, Springfield, and the Para before settling on the Colt, I honestly gave each one of these guns reasonable break in period, 200 - 250 rds each, the Kimber being it was the first I tryed got sent back to the shop where I bought it, they have a good gunsmith, and then later to Kimber, now when it came back from kimber it was better, but to me a carry weapon needs to function 100%, 110% of the time, and a gun that cost's in the $1100 to $1200 range should dam near shoot inself, let alone have operational issues, after the Sig, Springfield, and Para did not funtion right after a brick of ammo went though them they all got traded, I found out later on the Para had a mechanical issue with the safety, Para repaired it and sent it back to my gun guy, we tryed it at the range, would not make it through a mag without ether a FTE or FTF he sent it back to Para, they sent him a new gun, it still sits in the display case, my dilema right now is the better half also likes to shoot the Colt, and my guy has another Defender that was traded, I would like to get it for her, but if I latch onto another boner I will be pissed,............ mostly at myself.............I have to say the bottom line to this is it don't seem to matter who makes it 3 inch 1911s are touchy, if you get a good one great, but if you get a POS I hope you bought it from someone you can deal with

As of this morning my wife and I are the proud parents of twins, LOL, Santa brought her her own Colt Defender, I'm keeping my fingers crossed its as reliable as mine. maybe friday we will get to the range and wring it out, now getting a suitable holster fer her is going to be another matter,

I carry an H&K HK45C. I've done computer stuff for 30+ years and that is the smooth gun I've ever shot. Highly recommended with an AWB Holster. I'm a big guy and its comfortable to carry.

Link Removed

I carry an H&K HK45C. I've done computer stuff for 30+ years and that is the smooth gun I've ever shot. Highly recommended with an AWB Holster. I'm a big guy and its comfortable to carry.

I was itching to pick up an HK45C, but the cost was just wayyyy too much. Way pricier than USP compacts but I've never heard a bad thing about an H&K pistol. What trigger do you have on your H&K? I've shot a USP with an LEM trigger and loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm hoping to pick up the Taurus 24/7 G2 compact in 45. Fits in my hand like it was made for it, and shouldn't be very hard to IWB with, either.

I know I'm not the first to say this, but in case anybody forgot. Your duty is not to die fighting for you cause, it is to make the bad guy die for his

I Like your sig! Reminds me of the quote from Rainbow Six: "'Fair' means that I bring all of my men back home alive. **** the others."

Or if you have to deal with multiple assailants. Or, if your opponent is very tough, or taking drugs such as PCP, Bath Salts, or Meth, for example.:rolleyes:

That's what HSTs are for :) I carry my XDS with a 7 rd extended mag and usually two 5 round mags. In winter I prefer to carry my P229 .40S&W with 2 spare 12 rd mags, Federal HSTs. I'm a huge Sig fan, I'd carry a P220, 225 or 245 if I wasn't so damn skinny (hence my nickname).

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I was itching to pick up an HK45C, but the cost was just wayyyy too much. Way pricier than USP compacts but I've never heard a bad thing about an H&K pistol. What trigger do you have on your H&K? I've shot a USP with an LEM trigger and loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I use the standard trigger and love it. I've never use an LEM trigger so can't speak to that. I've had women who were small shoot it and they're amazed at the recoil. If you can find a used one for a good price, I'd jump on it.

I use the standard trigger and love it. I've never use an LEM trigger so can't speak to that. I've had women who were small shoot it and they're amazed at the recoil. If you can find a used one for a good price, I'd jump on it.

What's a reasonable price? Found an HK45C, NIB on GB for $999 with a v1 trigger, cheapest I've ever seen one actually. H&K USP Compact .45 ACPs are around $800, but if I'm gonna drop that much money, I'm gonna go for the HK45C. Last time I dropped that much money was on a 9mm P226...more like a waste of money since I just sold it for $500. Still too rich for my blood since I just dropped over $1700 on an AR build. There's a HUGE antique gun dealer in my city (largest in the Midwest actually), they have all sorts of stuff coming in on consignment so I'll check with them and I'm very seriously considering hitting up the Indianapolis 1500 gun show, 4 hr drive from my house but I hear it's the biggest in the Midwest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back