Anybody carrying a small .45?

CajunExPat

Springfield just announced the XD-S in .45, and Kahr makes a couple of subcompact .45s. I have a Kahr P9 and I like it, but a bigger bullet seems like a good idea. Magazine capacity on the Springfield is 5+1, while the Kahr holds one more. For six rounds, would I be better served just to carry a .357 snubnose?

No, I don't carry a little .45 but I do carry a big one, does that count? =P

Crossbreed style iwb, you can carry and conceal just about anything.

I certainly like the idea of a tiny .45 ACP. I'm sure the pistol isn't much fun to shoot, but that's certainly isn't it's purpose. I'd feel more comfortable with it than my little .380 pocket pistol.

Has anybody shot the shot the springfield he's talking about?

I carry a AMT .45 Backup DAO. Very nice to carry iwb. Kicks like a mule though.. Still prefer full size Springfield.

I rented the XDS it shoots VERY nice...I'd buy one but it's only a little bit smaller than my XDM9mm compact so I can't justify buying another firearm to fill basically the same role. I also have a HK .45c which is a little bit bigger, but it works.

I'd buy the XDS in a minute if I didn't have the other two....

The XDS is virtually the same size as the new S&W M&P Shield. I've held them both side-by-side and could not visually tell much difference in specs. I had my choice and went with the Shield 9 based on ammo cost and capacity. IF I were in the market for a sub-c .45, I would get the XDS...Extremely concealable and very nice to look at, unlike a lot of wives.

Sometimes in winter carry a Kimber Ultra CDP in a Crossbreed supertuck , a fine handgun and a finer holster. Other times like in the hot summer in my bathing suit or shorts I cary a Ruger LCP or a Sig 238.
The heat and humidity sort of dictates cooler attire here at the beach.

Khar CW45

I carry the CW45. It's 6+1 and I carry two spare mags. The gun is awesome. I find it easy to conceal with most clothing. It's a great gun.

Yes, I carry the Taurus Mil Pro 145 and live it. I am in and out of the weather and elements everyday and will stop at places I know I can just stop and shoot 100 rounds. Never a problem. It is almost the same size as a Glock .40 sub compact... Grip is just a tad longer. I also have a Sig 1911 C3 crimson trace. I live this gun too. Just don't carry it everyday to work because it is so nice looking...

I carry a Kimber Crimson Ultra in a Crossbreed supertuck deluxe and I wouldn't carry any other way. Perfect size for me.

pt145

You might want to check out the Taurus pt145. It is my edc with a leather iwb holster. It's pretty comfortable, shoots great and 10+1 capacity.

I just picked up an XDS to replace my LC9. I couldn't be happier with the decision. Yes, it has a little more recoil, but not so much that I really notice. If you want a few more rounds, the XD sub compact .45 is just slightly larger. The Taurus PT145 or PT745 are also great shooters, but are not quite as high of quality as the Springfields (in my opinion). I will say the only gun that I have ever sold that I truly miss is the PT145.

I have been carrying the XDS for a couple weeks now and I seem to notice it less than I did with the LC9. It just seems to ride in my IWB holster better.

I was actually going to get the Kahr CW45, but found a deal on an XDS for less than the Kahr. I couldn't pass it up. They do have 7 round extended magazines for the XDS now so if you want the option for more rounds and a bigger grip, you could get one or two of those. Then you have the option of smaller or larger grip.

I consider my XDm 3.8 .45 Compact to be a "small .45", so yes. It's easy to hide with a crossbreed even on my athletic-slim 155 lb frame. So yes. I do.

I carry a springfield 45 sub compact,during the fall & spring, very nice piece,but to big for summer carry. I waited & waited for the XDS to come out, but had to buy before they did, so I bought a G36 for summer carry. and I love it! very concealable in my IWB Kholster holster. Good luck!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back