Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list!

I got a friend request from Claire. I suspect as stage one use me as a marketing pawn. My only issue is if the product works as advertised. If it does, we can't complain about it. If you can meet the CA AG's office as an approved safe storage device then perhaps we're misguided here.

BTW, unless you're contributing more to the site other than marketing your product, I don't see any benefit to befriending you here. No, I will not add this product as part of the safe firearm storage portion of my NV or UT mandated curriculum. The storage portion of my instruction has to meet the requirements anywhere in the US including CA. Send us instructors here demo products so we can give it the acid test ourselves then perhaps we may change our minds. Demo your product for the CA legislature and AG so you can get on the CA approved list. Satisfy those requirements and I'm sure we'll all retract our statements regarding the product, including gf.

I got a friend request from Claire. ~~ BTW, unless you're contributing more to the site other than marketing your product, I don't see any benefit to befriending you here.~

I am here at this site to Learn, Stay Current of Laws and Pending Legislations, and interact with people wanting the same. This is not the format for Direct Sales Marketing. There are undoubtedly marketers in here but they respect for this site and Us that use this site. Here endeth the lesson.

I'm a multistate certified firearm instructor specializing in CCW. It's my responsibility to keep abreast with the State and federal laws pertaining to firearms. Until the (so called) safety bullet has passed the muster with the most strict State as a certified firearm safety device (presently that's CA) as far as I'm concerned it's just a marketing fad.

Claire sent me a PM stating they're working on CA AG certification. She also stated they need certification from all CA police chiefs and dealers. That's not correct, the CA AG has an internal lab or subcontracts testing to approved labs. (*Insert AR15.com's BS flag raising here*) Police chiefs and dealers have no say in what's on the CA AG's approved list.

We'll see if that happens. Until the CA AG certifies it, it's a fad.

I was just sent a friend request by.....

Link Removed

Sorry but I'm very old school. It is one thing to disable a weapon by means of a lock, or disassembly...but if I need special tools besides my meat hooks to bring said gun back to fully mission capable status, I DONT WANT IT!

I'm touched that you would send a friend request to a an old bald fat guy, But really you should keep your friends group closer to you own age group. I'm sure you are nice and all but I cannot and will not lend my name and credibility to your gadget or your cause.

Please enjoy the site and ask questions. You might just learn a thing or two.

I also received a friend request from Ms. Worley. I don't befriend sales people just because they are sales people, I befriend sales people for the same reason I befriend others: WE SHARE INTERESTS AND/OR POINTS OF VIEW. When Ms. Worley expresses an interest or a POV in something other than her product line, I'll reconsider the "Reject" response I provided tonight.

Dear Claire,
I am sorry,but your product does NOT sound like a good idea to me.
If you have been around and carried firearms daily, you would probably know this.
I know you want to support your family's product,but listen,there are ways of storing guns safely in a house with children
ie,"Gun Vault",where you punch a few numbers,or finger print,to actuate spring loaded door(for night stand gun etc.).
Rest of guns in a safe. That's just one example. But leaving a gun unattended or out for a kid to find,or intruder is insane.
So that makes your product a bad idea,Sorry. You seem like a nice person,but you really need to study firearms more before selling a product,for something you don't seem to really understand.
Anyone in the know,will not buy your product.

This does sound like a good product for a certain demographic, I am afraid, however that not many would admit to being in that demographic.

This product is probably good for people who have a gun and don't really know much about it. The kind of people who got one for home defense and don't take the time to learn how to shoot. The kind of people that should be like Barney Fife and carry one bullet in their pocket, preferably, this bullet.

As for me, I keep my weapons in a safe place, chamber empty, and my kids know better than to mess with them (if they could get to them) because I take the time to teach them safety.

Ruger p90 -$375
50 rd box of .45 ACP -$20
2 rd pkg of "safety" bullets -$25

Waking up in the middle of the night to the sounds of an intruder, grabbing your gun and attempting to rack the slide twice to remove your "safety" bullet, but it won't come out because someone, presumably a child, shot the "safety" bullet, and then decided to put it back with out saying anything -Priceless

Ruger p90 -$375
50 rd box of .45 ACP -$20
2 rd pkg of "safety" bullets -$25

Waking up in the middle of the night to the sounds of an intruder, grabbing your gun and attempting to rack the slide twice to remove your "safety" bullet, but it won't come out because someone, presumably a child, shot the "safety" bullet, and then decided to put it back with out saying anything -Priceless

I would argure that the price for that is most likely your life.

I would argure that the price for that is most likely your life.

I'd say it's "human life" in general. Now that I've got a hand held "brick", My life, my son's life and anyone else in the house with me at the time would be in jeopardy! :eek:

Then again, I usually have my 12 gauge shotgun for use as a HD gun. Don't want to give the "safety bull***t" folks any ideas, but as of right now, none of their products will work in my Mossberg 500A. :haha:

gf

How did they do it? Their product won't work in any of the guns I own? Amazing.

My fave:

The Third Level:

One Safety Bullet® in the Chamber and the entire magazine loaded with Safety Bullets®. Keep another magazine loaded with real rounds next to your gun so it can still be made ready to fire quickly.

Hilarious Rick O'Shay. I also like Advantage #4 "Keeps unauthorized users from firing your gun." Hey i thought that was MY job.

Hilarious Rick O'Shay. I also like Advantage #4 "Keeps unauthorized users from firing your gun." Hey i thought that was MY job.

So if an unauthorized user thinks to remove the SafetyBullet, and THEN shoots someone, is the company liable since they have assumed responsibility for the use of my weapon?

I always thought that a "safety bullet" was a Speer Gold Dot 165gr projectile flying at a BG at a very high rate of speed.

These "gun bricking cartridges" don't have any bullets in them. I give the company about another year before they go the route of Enron. :wink:

gf

I always thought that a "safety bullet" was a Speer Gold Dot 165gr projectile flying at a BG at a very high rate of speed.

These "gun bricking cartridges" don't have any bullets in them. I give the company about another year before they go the route of Enron. :wink:

gf

Bollox! 165gr is for squirrels! Give me 230gr any day. I wish Claire would 'befriend' me. I was kinda partial to this pic:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=252049553&albumID=299860&imageID=11048828

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back