Concealed carry badges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you need is your CCW card in case police want proof. Badges can go to peoples heads and make them thing they have more power than they do. I don't want people to know I carry. By the way in Oklahoma you can now open carry.

In case you were wondering this:

Hey OP , you were asked a very specific question, "How many bad guys have you gone up against?".

I think it a fair and relevant question. You come in here playing the expert we’d like to see your curriculum vitae.
With out it this is just a bunch of hot air

was a real question and I'd like a real response

does anyone have the answer??
does one need to show a concealed carry weapons permit to even purchase such a badge??

i seen them at a gun show for sale but didn't bother asking about it so i don't know if anyone could just buy one? but now this topic is here and it got me wondering ......thanks to anyone has an answer in advance

Here goes another rant...... feel free to disagree or even to take issue with it...

I started to read this whole thread and.. just like all the other dumb ass "ccw badge" threads I just couldn't get past the 3rd page...

Look.. it's really quite simple...

If you want to try to impress people with how bad ass you are.. dress like Rambo in camo...

If you want to try to impress people with how "just like the cops" you are... carry a ccw badge...

But if y'all decide to dress like Rambo or to pretend to be a cop with a badge... just ignore all the people on the sidelines who are laughing their asses off at both the wannabe Rambo.. and the wannabe cop.. because it will hurt your poor widdo "feelings".

Jumpin' Jeepers.... I can't believe people actually think carrying a gun makes them some kind of special "wet work operator" or "cop".... or anointed by God Himself to be a "sheepdog" entrusted to protect the "sheeple".

Grow up people! You do NOT carry that gun to impress people or to pretend to be something you aren't....... you carry that gun for one purpose only... to save your ass from a bad guy. Stop trying to aggrandize that simple fact.

Rant over..... please resume mentally masturbating the whole dumb ass idea of CCW badges.

does one need to show a concealed carry weapons permit to even purchase such a badge??

i seen them at a gun show for sale but didn't bother asking about it so i don't know if anyone could just buy one? but now this topic is here and it got me wondering ......thanks to anyone has an answer in advance

Since the badge has no authority or force of law backing it, I strongly doubt you would have to show anything other than your money to purchase one. Frankly, to me they are nothing more than a toy for children. Or maybe a target if someone was dumb enough to try to use one to apprehend a criminal.

You can get them mail order form a catalog too I've never seen a requirement to prove you were anything more than a dumbass (buying the badge does that)

i for one wouldn't waste money on it unless i was required to have one rather than the permit the state gives which i applied for and that cost about 120 usd in florida plus postage for sending it return receipt certified mail
another way to rob the tax payers by charging them for a permit the constitution already says we had permission to have in the first place

Any one carry one? I here that it could cause more trouble than it might solve. Any LEO's have an opinion?

I volunteer as a reserve sheriff in my county. My advice to you, if you ever happen to find yourself in the aftermath of a justified shooting and you want the LEO's to pause and realize that you are not the threatening party, is to have your ID in your hand and your hands up when they arrive. If I see an actor place his firearm on the ground put his hands up with picture ID, I'm going to deal with him differently than someone else. You show me a badge, it better be one that was issued to you and not something you bought from the Sportsman's Guide or elsewhere.

I find that people who carry those badges are trying to put on some sort of "airs" that they are someone that they are not. If you are a concealed carry permit holder in your state, except for a few states, you will have an ID card that says so.

Since the badge has no authority or force of law backing it, I strongly doubt you would have to show anything other than your money to purchase one. Frankly, to me they are nothing more than a toy for children. Or maybe a target if someone was dumb enough to try to use one to apprehend a criminal.

What he said... Sportsman guide sells them, nothing but your money is required to buy.....

I would much rather have my state issued cc license on a lanyard. Maybe one of those cool retractable ID clips!! Don't need no stinkin' badges :))

Perhaps someone will soon market "I have a concealed carry Permit" T shirts.

There are many laws, but there is no legal limit to stupidity.

Wouldn't that be somewhat like wearing a bullseye and advertisng for someone to shoot you? Not too stealthy!

As with most of the other posts, I do not want to be a cop. The only reason I have a carry permit is for the protection of me and my family. This may seem heartless but I feel absolutely no obligation to defend anyone else or their property. I certainly don't need a fake badge to make me target or attract attention. Open carry is legal in Iowa and I don't want that type of attention either. I know some people open carry and that doesn't bother me. I prefer my privacy and anonymity.

I should add that I would protect myself, my rights, and my country against tyranny. I believe this is self protection.

Wouldn't that be somewhat like wearing a bullseye and advertisng for someone to shoot you? Not too stealthy!

Excellent suggestion; when ordering the t-shirt the fool would have the option of words on the front and bullseye on the back or vica verca!

Excellent suggestion; when ordering the t-shirt the fool would have the option of words on the front and bullseye on the back or vica verca!

Link Removed

I have not heard of any one wearing a shirt like this getting chosen as a victim...but keep pushing that fear mongering...it's working for the Brady campaign...why wouldn't it work for us...unsubstantiated fear, gotta love it...

I've read through many post on this subject. I own a handgun and have recently gone through the CHL class. The reason for getting a permit varies from person to person. Business, pleasure, disability, family, home, etc. Here's a reason why I'm looking into buying a badge. It's the same reason I've thought about buying one of those fake "FBI" or "CSI" hoodies. My hobby puts me out in the public at all hours of the day. Sometimes very late and very early in the morning. I have been approached a few times by prostitutes, and "others" you don't want to turn your back on. My hobby takes my attention off my surroundings and I can't be focused 100% on who's walking up to me.

I'm not saying that I want to announce that I'm carrying a weapon, I want to announce a "QUESTION" to whomever might be thinking about walking up to me. I want the "bad and seedy" persons to avoid me. Regular folks probably would feel safer knowing that there's a "deterrent" for bad persons in the area. It's the same reason people "feel" safer when there's a security or police officer patrolling an area.

I don't want to pose as an officer, etc. And that's the "CON" side to this badge carry. I don't want "GOOD" persons coming up to me either asking me questions. But if I have a choice, I'd rather a "good" person vs a "bad" approach me. Their intentions are the key factor.

Which brings me to the point of why I'd carry a badge. A "bad" person might look and see a badge hanging from my neck and "KNOW" to stay away. A "BAD" person looks for signs that might get them caught. But the flip side is, you also become a target for that nut who thinks your a police "type" of officer. In my life, I see more pluses to wearing one when I'm doing my hobby. But for general everyday carry, the badge would probably not be needed.

It honestly depends on where and what you are doing. And why you need one.

It's a trinket and nothing more, really a badge, which has no authority? I can only see it as a look at me thing.

In any encounter I may have with a LEO, they are interested ONLY in my ID and CHP, and I really wonder what they would think of a badge, i.e. another wanna-be cop

I've read through many post on this subject. I own a handgun and have recently gone through the CHL class. The reason for getting a permit varies from person to person. Business, pleasure, disability, family, home, etc. Here's a reason why I'm looking into buying a badge. It's the same reason I've thought about buying one of those fake "FBI" or "CSI" hoodies. My hobby puts me out in the public at all hours of the day. Sometimes very late and very early in the morning. I have been approached a few times by prostitutes, and "others" you don't want to turn your back on. My hobby takes my attention off my surroundings and I can't be focused 100% on who's walking up to me.

I'm not saying that I want to announce that I'm carrying a weapon, I want to announce a "QUESTION" to whomever might be thinking about walking up to me. I want the "bad and seedy" persons to avoid me. Regular folks probably would feel safer knowing that there's a "deterrent" for bad persons in the area. It's the same reason people "feel" safer when there's a security or police officer patrolling an area.

I don't want to pose as an officer, etc. And that's the "CON" side to this badge carry. I don't want "GOOD" persons coming up to me either asking me questions. But if I have a choice, I'd rather a "good" person vs a "bad" approach me. Their intentions are the key factor.

Which brings me to the point of why I'd carry a badge. A "bad" person might look and see a badge hanging from my neck and "KNOW" to stay away. A "BAD" person looks for signs that might get them caught. But the flip side is, you also become a target for that nut who thinks your a police "type" of officer. In my life, I see more pluses to wearing one when I'm doing my hobby. But for general everyday carry, the badge would probably not be needed.

It honestly depends on where and what you are doing. And why you need one.
Such a "badge" has no meaning or authority. It can only cause you trouble. Displaying such a device implies something, to any casual observer, that you definitely are not. The worst sort of posing. Any DA could make mincemeat of you over such a thing in the event of an incident. Foolishness, plain and simple.

Wow! Jurassic Thread strikes again!

So, tell me again why someone who is "Xtra mean" would even need a gun, much less a fake badge to go with it? Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back