Your First?

First one was a bolt action 22, marlin I think. Still own it. Love it.
First hand gun was a Taurus pt92, gave to a friend for her first.

Winchester 22 semi-auto rifle I still have it 25 years later.I was taught how to shoot with a Savage single shot bolt action 22.There was nothing quite as fun as a 50 round box of 22's when I was a kid.

I envy you guys for being taught so young to handle guns. My family never approved of them booms! Then throughout the years the government took our rights to own them...passed the bill right under our noses in the middle of the night. Even when I got married I was scared of them. Anyway, the first gun that I have is a Bersa 380, my carry for summer. Then I bought a Glock 23, my winter carry. Many years later I still have these two original ones. There are more guns more than I can shoot in a day but all of them went down the bottom of the lake when we went fishing in Florida. Pity but I love my Mossberg... :(((

Remington 870 tactical 12g shotgun. Bought it for home defense once I moved off college campus. I grew up with guns in the house and those two college years on campus were the worst. Granted it was safe and thankfully no issues. Nonetheless, when I moved off bought that 870 and felt less naked. To this day its only been fired for target practice and hunting, thankfully.

My first was a winchester .22 lever action. I still have it. This was a very expensive gun for me back in 1976 $125 bucks. My Dad bought it for me. The only catch was that I keep it looking like new, no matter how much i used it. Here in 2011 still Looks Like New. I may give it to my grandson some day if I have one.

410 Ga Stevens Double Barrel Shotgun. Dad traded it for a 12ga double barrel for when I got older. Still have the 12ga

First purchased gun was a beretta 92fs, when I was about 35. Still love that gun. I came late to buying guns because my dad always had handguns, shotguns and rifles to borrow. But my first owned gun, I got from him when he passed, Ruger GP100. Still have both, in addition to others I have since added.

My grandfathers Navy issue simi-auto 45 and a single shot 12 gauge shotgun he won in a poker game, can't remember what happened to those guns, back in the early 60's wish I still had them.

New England Arms 20ga single barrel shotgun. It's currently at my fathers house, but it's still mine whenever I want it. Why? It's an awesome first gun, as well as a great snake gun.

Recently bought my first gun. Handled and shot a few. But this is the first that I have owned. Rossi .357 revolver
However, have also purchased a beretta PX4 storm
Can't wait to get a 1911.

My first gun was a Harrington & Richardson 28 gauge, single-shot shotgun as a kid in Indiana at age 10. One of my favorites was Dad's Stevens single-shot .22 with octagon barrel. No longer have any of the early guns since the family was planning on moving to Australia when I was in high school and had to sell them. Then, plans fell through and we didn't make the move. Dad had some nice guns that were now gone.

The most unique gun I've ever fired was when at school buddy's house (I was 11 then). We went to his uncle's place to look at his gun collection and he said we could shoot whichever one we wanted. The one I picked, and I've never seen or heard of one since then, was a Winchester 10 gauge, lever action shotgun with the longest barrel I've ever seen. The only shells he had for it were 00 buck. I took one shot and it put me on my back on the ground with the muzzle pointing to the clouds. Those were the days!

Now 'that' is a sweet rifle. One day I will get one to add to my collection.

Outlaw,

You can buy this rifle at most gunshows for about $300 in excellent condition.

Just try to find a pre-1964.

Mine still looks like the day it came out of the box!

I also have a Colt SAA 4 3/4" in.45colt to go with it.

I envy you guys for being taught so young to handle guns. My family never approved of them booms! Then throughout the years the government took our rights to own them...passed the bill right under our noses in the middle of the night. Even when I got married I was scared of them. Anyway, the first gun that I have is a Bersa 380, my carry for summer. Then I bought a Glock 23, my winter carry. Many years later I still have these two original ones. There are more guns more than I can shoot in a day but all of them went down the bottom of the lake when we went fishing in Florida. Pity but I love my Mossberg... :(((

Boy! There must be alot of guns at the bottom of the lake :>)

I have shot a lot of different guns however the first gun I bought myself was a Gen3 Glock 17. I shot probably 1000 round threw it and loved it but traded it in on a Gen3 Glock 23 which I use as my carry weapon daily. I will probably never get rid of my 23 it's a great fun and I have fed a lot of different ammo threw it with no problems, I have probably put at-least 1200 round threw it this year.

My first was a S&W 622 stainless steel .22lr pistol, it is a tack driver! Adjustable sights pre-ban 12+1 cap. My son will get it. That is "my only gun" for now.

I had a triumph 410 and a winchester .22 pump that were the heirloom "first guns" for my family. My first hand gun was a .36 cal blackpowder kentucky single shot. I still have both longguns to pass to my kids when I have 'em.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back