Your First?

1st is a 22 l8r Remington bolt action, 6 shot mag. Still have it, still shoot it. Have it 46 yrs now.

Savage .22 semi-auto rifle. Bought it when I turned 18. It was the cheapest one at the store, $88. Still have it but the thing is about wore out. I don't think i will ever get rid of it.

Firsts...

First firearm ever (and first shotgun): Savage .410, given to me by my father around age 13. I no longer have it. I think I sold it not long after my 16th birthday, when I got my first 12 Gauge.

First rifle: Remington Model 788 bolt action, chambered in .30-30, given to me by my father at age 17. Remington didn't make many of these in that caliber, so this one is a little hard to find. I'll never sell it; Dad refinished the stock by hand.

First pistol: Makarov IJ-70 in 9mm x 18 caliber, bought when I was 22 years old. I carried it up until this year, when I sold it in favor of a Smith & Wesson M&P 45. While I love my M&P, I really do sorta miss that Makarov. Fun, reliable little pistol!

I have a semi-unique one: A High Standard .357 (Sentinel Mark III, no less!) six shooter bought used from a fellow Marine in 1980. Adjustable rear sights and the blasted thing is accurate as all get out.

Since it was too big to carry, and "carry" wasn't legal where I was stationed, my second (another orphaned gun) was a Sterling .25 cal auto, bought new. That was my "pocket gun".

Both are still in my possession and both fire well. I don't believe I paid > $100 for either.

GG

.22 Winchester pump at age 6. Saw one the other day at a sale for $600. Ye-ouch! I traded it and several other guns at the time to buy my wife's engagement set and wedding ring. Bought all my guns back except the 20 guage. The .22 is in pieces in my uncles shop. I shot the barrel out of it. Wish he would put it back together so I could hang it on the wall.
Wife just knew I was in love. LOL

Well, as a dairy farmers son befor age 10 dad gave me his .22 md. 30 Jc Higgin's Sears & Robuck. i gave it to my son its still in great shape.

My First

She was 16, she had long , blonde hair, nice legs and a great , big pair of... Oh,wait we're talking guns.

S&W model 913 sold it to a friend because it was an inaccurate POS

First rifle: Anschutz 1407 3 position rifle I shot through high school competitively until I moved to the 1413 Supermatch in college. Both my children learned to shoot with this rifle off a bench when they were about 5 years old. Now wears a 8 to 32 scope and a 8 oz trigger pull for messing around with steel animals. (Doesn't fit in the rules, but still fun to shoot)

First pistol: Dan Wesson .357 8" Heavy barrel-vent rib

Still have both. The kids are fighting over the Anschutz as to who gets it when eventually. I'm only 51 so maybe I have time to buy a second "even things up"!

I started off with a J.C. Higgins 16 Ga. bolt action shotgun that I got for my 16th birthday. Long gone.

First gun was a high point 995 9mm carbine had to do a little modification to it to prevent jams but still got it and runs a clip of 10 in seconds

First gun of any sort was a Ithaca model 37 Feather light in 12 gauge. One of the best upland bird guns I ever took to field. Got it when I turned 18. I still have it mainly for sentimental reasons. It put many a tasty meal on the table when My wife and I first got married.

My first revolver is a Colt Diamondback. Blue. 4 inch barrel. Bought for me by my wife when I turned 21. Yes I still have it and yes I still shoot it. It will probably be passed on in my will. I could never willingly part with the first of either, especially from my bride.

Well, my 1st rifle was a bolt action Springfield 120 made by Savage in .22LR given to me by my father, and my 1st pistol was a 9mm Ruger I purchased, forget the model. Still have the rifle, had to let the Ruger go. After reading all the respones I think its Awesome, the Rich and Abundant Firearm Heritage that has been passed down to us All & truly believe its our responsibilty to keep the trend going. Thank You all for responding, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

my first

It's was a .22 single shot lever action sears Roebuck Ted Williams model. My uncle gave it to me when I was about 7 still have it today, he sadly is no longer with us.

Mine was a 12 gauge pump, at the ripe ole age of 12-14 given to me by my dad. Yes I still have it and it is like brand new. Still use it to hunt. Great gun. I think it is a Ted Williams model.

Yep ,as a matter of fact just got done wipping it down ! Savage 340 , 30-30 cal. bolt action w/clip and still loving it !

Malakai Christoff:250647 said:
What was your 1st FireArm? Do you still own it & why?
My first was a Kel. Tec. 380. A piece of junk. I still have it as a reminder of what never to get again "!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back