Your First?

Malakai Christoff

What was your 1st FireArm? Do you still own it & why?

Mine was a bolt action .22 rifle, but for the life of me I cannot remember the brand or what ever happened to it.

I can't imagine why my memory about it is so weak...it was only 50 or so years(and probably 150 guns)ago...

Remington 22 given by my father at age 6, still in family with oldest son and shoots very well as of a week ago. PS: I am 66.

Bolt action single-shot Savage .22lr. Got it Christmas of 1976 when I was 12. I haven't shot it since the early 80s. It had a saftey that automatically engaged after every shot so I assume it was some sort of "youth" model but I don't remember for sure.

I believe it currently resides in the attic of my mother's house.

What was your 1st FireArm? Do you still own it & why?

My first 'experience' with any type of firearm was when my dad had me shoot both his .22 long rifle and then his 12 gauge shotgun at the young age of 7...I remember that the shotgun knocked me onto my butt! LOL
The very first handgun that I ever shot was at the age of 9, It was my dads pocket gun, a Beretta .25 auto. I'll never forget that little Beretta because it left me with a permanent scar on my right thumb knuckle when the slide bit me real good. OUCH!

The very first sidearm that I ever bought for myself as an adult (age 21) was a Beretta 92F 9mm -w- 15 round magazines. I kept that Beretta for only a short while, because soon afterwards I purchased my very first Glock (Glock 21).
The Glock was so accurate right out of the box and it just 'felt so right' to me that I ended up trading the Beretta with a friend/co-worker for a very sweet Blued Steel Colt King Cobra -w- 6" Barrel.

21 years later and I still have both the Glock 21 & the King Cobra, and they still look & shoot like new.

.22 semi auto rifle I got from my parents for Christmas when I was 12. It is still in the gun safe because I don't sell my guns.

Springfield XD .45 Service model. I love this gun, I have feed all brands of ammo including reloads and this bad boy has eaten everything with zero failure up to 700 rnds so far. I got into firearms only a 1-1/2 ago due to the fact I have a family now and seeing the termoil the state of our country is heading. I've since bought more and still have a few more on my list to buy.

My first firearm was a Savage .30-06 that I bought for hunting. I didnt have any firearms when I was young (my family was not anti-gun btw). I bought the rifle just over 4 years ago. This year I took my first deer with it while hunting with my father.

My first sidearm was a Glock 19. Still have it and shoot it often.

Mine was a Ruger 10/22 Carbine. My dad gave it to me for my twelfth birthday (1970). Has always been my favorite plinker. Any time I go to the range I put a 100 or so rounds through her. The other fav gun is my dad's Browning Sweet Sixteen 16 gauge shotgun my mom bought him as a wedding present in 1956.

My first was a Winchester model 94 .30-30 carbine that my father bought me in 1964! The recoil was so intense that we had to put a rubber recoil pad on it so I could shoot it.

I still have it today.

My first firearm was a Gen 3 glock 17. I sold it about 8 months ago after putting about 2000 rounds through it. Sold it because I was laid off for a while and needed the money. I now carry a ruger p-95 which I love and actually shoot better than I ever did with the glock, but that's just me glock fans.

Remington Model 514 .22 single shot rifle.

Uncle (Godfather) bought it for me on my eigth birthday.

Having a single shot, hunting squirrels helps make you a good shot.

Gave it to my little brother when I got a Nylon 66, Mohawk Brown with an in the stock magazine.

I have since gotten it back and it lives in my safe.

KK

Smith and wesson sigma 9mm with laser sight was my first bought it back in January its still my carry weapon

My first firearm was a Winchester Model 70 in .264 Win Magnum that I bought used in 1960. In 1964 I sold it to buy a good .22 target rifle, a Remington Model 37 to which I added Redfield Olympic sights. I used that to win the NM State championship, Standing Position, Sharpshooter Class, in 1965.

My first was a Winchester model 94 .30-30 carbine that my father bought me in 1964! The recoil was so intense that we had to put a rubber recoil pad on it so I could shoot it.

I still have it today.

Now 'that' is a sweet rifle. One day I will get one to add to my collection.

My first was a 22 single shot bolt action that my dad ordered from an ad in the Farm Journal when I was 12. When I was 15, he bought me a Marlin 39A. I gave it to my son when he was 12. He and his family moved to Central America to do missionary work 4 years ago, and he left all of his guns with me, including that old 39A.

Browning High Power 9mm. I kept it for about 14 years it became a safe queen after I got my Springfield 1911. Do I miss it? Naa it was fun while.

Got my first last year, a Walther p22. Absolulty love it. Now I carry smith & wesson m&p 9. Still carry the p22 as a BUG sometimes.

My dad gave me his Ruger M77 30.06 when I first took up hunting. As it rode in the gun rack on my quad I cut it a little too close to a tree I was trying to get around and CRACK!! Snapped the stock in 2, thankfully no damage was done to anything but the stock itself(it already had a small crack in the wood, it split there) and I was able to put a new synthetic stock on as it's much more conducive to the wet, rainy conditions typically endured in a western Washington hunting season. This rifle will stay in my safe until one of my boys is old enough to pass it on to.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back